this is cool Marshall mod of sorts

magh8

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by magh8 View Post
He just hardwired an NS2 and a tuner and replaced the reverb pots with on off switches
The concept is cool, too bad he wasn't able to configure to switch them on/off via the footswitch, instead of on the control panel. That being said, I think if I could have an ISP Decimator hardwired into my amp, I would love it! Is it necessary? No, but it would be awesome!

Cole

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by magh8 View Post
He just hardwired an NS2 and a tuner and replaced the reverb pots with on off switches
The concept is cool, too bad he wasn't able to configure to switch them on/off via the footswitch, instead of on the control panel. That being said, I think if I could have an ISP Decimator hardwired into my amp, I would love it! Is it necessary? No, but it would be awesome!

Cole

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by colejustesen View Post

Cole
that's how the dude wated it no pedal bare bone live rig with no BS...He had spoke to me about this about a year ago and I asked him why a NS2? I would have went with a decimator as well.

• Members

Cole
that's how the dude wated it no pedal bare bone live rig with no BS...He had spoke to me about this about a year ago and I asked him why a NS2? I would have went with a decimator as well.

• Members

Cole
Psst, the Egnator Armageddon has an ISP Decimator hardwired in. whisper.gif

thumb.gif

• Members

Hey, not to derail this thread, (cuz that mod is pretty neat...).. but I have seen for a long time that this forum has a love afair of sorts with the decimator. Is it really that good? I've never tried one. I had a Rocktron Super C in my rack for a while. It did a pretty good job on my high gain settings, but I had to wire it into a switched loop though, cuz it choked the crap out of my clean tones. For me the trick was using a consistent gig volume on my amp, so I knew right where the setting needed to be, and using a preset (via a GCX loop) for my clean that took it out of the path. Anyone else have that problem, or does the decimator not have that issue? I would think that any gate chokes off sustained notes at some point, and if there are volume differences between channels, then you have this problem. That's why I don't like gates very much. (of course, if you use only one tone, and it's high gain, then it makes perfect sense.)

Archived