This morning I lost a little buddy.

Cirrus

• Members

Seems like there's been lots of sad threads recently. cry.gif

Woke up at 4:30am feeling like something was wrong. Tried to shake it off and get back to sleep but I couldn't stop worrying about our cat Sandy. She hadn't come in last night before bed time, which wasn't unusual and we've got a cat flap but I guess I hadn't heard her come in in my sleep so I knew something was up. The feeling wouldn't go away and I couldn't get back to sleep. At about half 5 I went outside with a laser pen which has a jangly chain that always had her running to play plus a stick of her favourite food, but still no sign. I walked a little way down the street and that's where I found her, cold and wrapped in a newspaper on top of a low wall. She'd obviously been hit by a car and someone tried to help, but it looks like she died straight away so they left her where she'd be found.

I brought her round the back of the house and I'll never forget the look on her sister Sage's face when she saw me place Sandy down. I let her spend some time sniffing etc hoping she'd understand she was saying good bye.

I knew this sort of thing happens with cats, but I can't believe how upset both me and my girlfriend are. We got her last April and she was better than I could ever have imagined. She'd be purring before she even got to us, do a little squawk that meant "here I come" and jump into a lap, washing any hand that dared to come near. Friendliest and bast cat evar.

RIP Sandy, I'll miss you very very much. cry.gif

Sandyonamp_zps872631e5.jpg

DSC00673_zps2553b251.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived