• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft has turned into apple ? windows 8

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/apps

now your pC can look just like your windows/droid/apple phone. /facepalm
    " "Best toan in teh land" - champion

Good Buyers/Sellers :Mikenothing , SirKonks,Dimebag11 x2,Dropped_2_c,Boris the Blade,thefyn,MrSandman,Gabe15,GuidanceOfSin,shane1 59 X2,Mparsons,rabott13,warplangrey,iamthearm, SkyHighRocks,RobotBodiesBFF,Tu Be x2,IanDOL,Fridgit,Jim Ansell ,GutterMouth,LionHeaRT07 ,Zao X2,m3at,Bluesman001,Khoifish321,thinkpad20,vangkm, juice,phatgirl,Trembulant,knope , Knucklefux, pfapin,rareguitar,donsimon76, again with this, Jerry Dyer, eagertokill,rugbyguitargod

I have a feeling there's going to be another Vista backlash, where people stick to the older OS's.

Comment

I have a feeling there's going to be another Vista backlash, where people stick to the older OS's.

Comment

I think i'll be sticking with windows 7 for awhile.

Good Buyers/Sellers :Mikenothing , SirKonks,Dimebag11 x2,Dropped_2_c,Boris the Blade,thefyn,MrSandman,Gabe15,GuidanceOfSin,shane1 59 X2,Mparsons,rabott13,warplangrey,iamthearm, SkyHighRocks,RobotBodiesBFF,Tu Be x2,IanDOL,Fridgit,Jim Ansell ,GutterMouth,LionHeaRT07 ,Zao X2,m3at,Bluesman001,Khoifish321,thinkpad20,vangkm, juice,phatgirl,Trembulant,knope , Knucklefux, pfapin,rareguitar,donsimon76, again with this, Jerry Dyer, eagertokill,rugbyguitargod

Comment

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeOfDarkness
            View Post

Most new PCs still have Windows 7.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeOfDarkness
              View Post

Most new PCs still have Windows 7.

Comment

Bought a new touch screen PC with Win 8. My wife likes it a lot better than the iMac we have.

It's pretty easy to use once you realize it is just like running apps on phones. Tiles are assigned to whatever applications you wish to run. Merely shortcuts. Traditional desktop is easy to switch to if you want that.

I don't see what the negative fuss is about it. Most of that I think are people just not ready for change which is bound to happen anyway. In the long term that will be the direction most systems will be going to. Can't hang on to Win Xp forever either. 32 bit will soon be about as functional as Win 98 was to Xp Pc's.

I'm not afraid of change. I like to see new innovations, different workflows.

Comment

Bought a new touch screen PC with Win 8. My wife likes it a lot better than the iMac we have.

It's pretty easy to use once you realize it is just like running apps on phones. Tiles are assigned to whatever applications you wish to run. Merely shortcuts. Traditional desktop is easy to switch to if you want that.

I don't see what the negative fuss is about it. Most of that I think are people just not ready for change which is bound to happen anyway. In the long term that will be the direction most systems will be going to. Can't hang on to Win Xp forever either. 32 bit will soon be about as functional as Win 98 was to Xp Pc's.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by HKSblade1
                    View Post

My windows 7 is 64 bit.

If you can have a traditional desktop it might not be so bad. The whole app/appstore thing is lame as ****************. Cool for a phone/pad ,Not cool for a deaktop. its starting to look like an ipad , you can even swipe and ****************.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by HKSblade1
                      View Post

My windows 7 is 64 bit.

If you can have a traditional desktop it might not be so bad. The whole app/appstore thing is lame as ****************. Cool for a phone/pad ,Not cool for a deaktop. its starting to look like an ipad , you can even swipe and ****************.

Comment

Bill Gates actually said that people will migrate/gravitate to tablet styled PCs rather than the normal old fashioned kind. I disagree, but that's obviously where Microsoft is going. I just wish that they gave US, the consumer, a choice.

Comment

Bill Gates actually said that people will migrate/gravitate to tablet styled PCs rather than the normal old fashioned kind. I disagree, but that's obviously where Microsoft is going. I just wish that they gave US, the consumer, a choice.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bucksstudent
                            View Post

They did A few clicks in the control panel and you're back to a traditional OS, not unlike windows 7.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bucksstudent
                              View Post

They did A few clicks in the control panel and you're back to a traditional OS, not unlike windows 7.

Comment

Working...
                              X