Granger modded Fender Hot Rod w/ video. Anybody done this?

jds22

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by "sasquatch"

View Post

sounds great, imho.

would.

Agreed. I've always liked the clean tones from the HRDs but never liked the OD side.

I think the basic mod is $40.

Put a boost in front of that and eek.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MattACaster

View Post

It was ok... idn_smilie.gif

Doesn't seem like anything a pedal couldn't do...

I was wondering about that too.

I stumbled across this when I was looking for HRD's using pedals.

Lately I've been thinking about getting an HRD or other amp with a great clean and then using pedals for my OD/Dist. I've always used amp OD/Dist.

I seem to get bored easily and end up selling the amp and buying something different. Then I thought it would be a heck of a lot easier to just buy different OD/Dist pedals when the mood strikes me instead of different amps. It sure would save on shipping.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jds22

View Post

I was wondering about that too.

I stumbled across this when I was looking for HRD's using pedals.

Lately I've been thinking about getting an HRD or other amp with a great clean and then using pedals for my OD/Dist. I've always used amp OD/Dist.

I seem to get bored easily and end up selling the amp and buying something different. Then I thought it would be a heck of a lot easier to just buy different OD/Dist pedals when the mood strikes me instead of different amps. It sure would save on shipping.

This is a short clip I did of a Fender Hot Rod DeVille with a Tonerider British Distortion being ran into it for one track. Both tracks used the more drive channel, but one was boosted a bit more with the British Distortion... I believe this was post modification [which I bought a kit off of ebay for the DeVille - I believe Fromel was who I bought it from]; which IMO made the amp respond better!

http://tonefinder.com/files/55-recording%20test.mp3

Cole

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by colejustesen

View Post

This is a short clip I did of a Fender Hot Rod DeVille with a Tonerider British Distortion being ran into it for one track. Both tracks used the more drive channel, but one was boosted a bit more with the British Distortion... I believe this was post modification [which I bought a kit off of ebay for the DeVille - I believe Fromel was who I bought it from]; which IMO made the amp respond better!

Cole

http://tonefinder.com/files/55-recording%20test.mp3

Cole

Nice but where's the solo? Got me all excited and then left me hangin.

Archived