Collapse
No announcement yet.

should i refi?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the business, and I would highly recommend that everyone that owns a home checks out what they would qualify for if they refi'd. Rates are really, really low!
    *************SPAM*************
    Gretsch Jet Pro (pre-lawsuit) - $550
    Ibanez RG Custom w/Floyd Rose - $450
    2005 Schecter Scorpion Baritone w/Coil-Taps - $350

GIBSON | MESA/BOOGIE | MXR/DUNLOP

Mark III Coliseum (Blue Stripe) | Mark III (Blue Stripe) | Mark IV (Widebody Combo) | Mark IV (Medium Head) | Triple Rectifier (Rev. G) | Dual Rectifier (Blackface Rev. D) | Dual Rectifier (Blackface Rev. G) | Rectifier Standard 4X12

Comment

I'm in the business, and I would highly recommend that everyone that owns a home checks out what they would qualify for if they refi'd. Rates are really, really low!
      *************SPAM*************
      Gretsch Jet Pro (pre-lawsuit) - $550
      Ibanez RG Custom w/Floyd Rose - $450
      2005 Schecter Scorpion Baritone w/Coil-Taps - $350

GIBSON | MESA/BOOGIE | MXR/DUNLOP

Mark III Coliseum (Blue Stripe) | Mark III (Blue Stripe) | Mark IV (Widebody Combo) | Mark IV (Medium Head) | Triple Rectifier (Rev. G) | Dual Rectifier (Blackface Rev. D) | Dual Rectifier (Blackface Rev. G) | Rectifier Standard 4X12

Comment

I'm kind of a noob when it comes to this stuff, but isn't starting your loan over sort of negate any savings you would receive from the refi? I understand if you end up dropping the years, but how much do you really ave by starting over again?
        Facebook SoundCloudGood Deals with; STEELKAGE, LenDuffy, Yo_Squig, theemarkmiller and others I've forgottenSPAMDimarzio Paf Pro red- 30$ Shipped(one thread is worn)Ampeg VH140C

Comment

I'm kind of a noob when it comes to this stuff, but isn't starting your loan over sort of negate any savings you would receive from the refi? I understand if you end up dropping the years, but how much do you really ave by starting over again?
          Facebook SoundCloudGood Deals with; STEELKAGE, LenDuffy, Yo_Squig, theemarkmiller and others I've forgottenSPAMDimarzio Paf Pro red- 30$ Shipped(one thread is worn)Ampeg VH140C

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by "sasquatch"
            View Post

do it and setup half payments, bi-monthly and that will reduce # of years. i think on a 30-year loan it knocks off 7 years. this is b/c you are paying half of your mortgage on the first of the month, before interest accrues on your mortgage by the end of the month. i just refinanced from 4.875 to 3.625 and went 20-year loan, bi-monthly and will have it paid off in 15 years.

Be careful about these. With the ones I've looked at they simply deposit your first monthly payment and then apply it at the same time as the second one which means the savings has nothing to do with your principle being lowered twice a month, it's because you end up making an extra payment or something like that per year. It's been a long time since I looked at one of these programs so I forget the details, but I do recall that in the end I just stuck with paying extra principle every month on my own.
            BobSavage.net - Music, Amp demos...
            Youtube Vids
            Savage Woodworks

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by "sasquatch"
              View Post

do it and setup half payments, bi-monthly and that will reduce # of years. i think on a 30-year loan it knocks off 7 years. this is b/c you are paying half of your mortgage on the first of the month, before interest accrues on your mortgage by the end of the month. i just refinanced from 4.875 to 3.625 and went 20-year loan, bi-monthly and will have it paid off in 15 years.

Be careful about these. With the ones I've looked at they simply deposit your first monthly payment and then apply it at the same time as the second one which means the savings has nothing to do with your principle being lowered twice a month, it's because you end up making an extra payment or something like that per year. It's been a long time since I looked at one of these programs so I forget the details, but I do recall that in the end I just stuck with paying extra principle every month on my own.
              BobSavage.net - Music, Amp demos...
              Youtube Vids
              Savage Woodworks

Comment

I was always told if you can refi and lower your interest rate by at least 1% to do it. Sounds a lot like my situation too.
                PRS Tremonti Signature in Charcoal Burst
                Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (Electric Lime)
                PRS SE One
                --
                EVH 5150 III 50w / 212 5150 III cab
                Blackstar HT-5

Comment

I was always told if you can refi and lower your interest rate by at least 1% to do it. Sounds a lot like my situation too.
                  PRS Tremonti Signature in Charcoal Burst
                  Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (Electric Lime)
                  PRS SE One
                  --
                  EVH 5150 III 50w / 212 5150 III cab
                  Blackstar HT-5

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by diocide
                    View Post

you are starting over only in the term length, you keep your exsisting balance which is much lower than when i took out the loan. so basically you are getting a new loan on your exsisting lower current balance amount and you also get the rates they are offering now which are also lower than when i orginated the loan.
                    strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by diocide
                      View Post

you are starting over only in the term length, you keep your exsisting balance which is much lower than when i took out the loan. so basically you are getting a new loan on your exsisting lower current balance amount and you also get the rates they are offering now which are also lower than when i orginated the loan.
                      strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

Hell yes, I got 2.75% for a 15 year.
                        Gear:
                        Cameron, EVH, Marshall, Peavey, Gibson

Good Transactions with: Rog351, ChrisdFlip, DeathMonkey, Charveldan, Uncleshish, TheAmazingblob, Echoes

Comment

I'm doing it right now and am getting the same rate for a 20 or 30.
                          Guitars:
                          2011 Gibson LP Traditional Plus
                          2004 Gibson LP Studio Alpine White
                          1996 Yamaha 121d w/SD screamin deamon
                          2002 Ibanez RG 470 MIJ
                          Yamaha Acoustic

Amps
                          Marshall JVM 210h
                          Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
                          Peavey Ultra 60
                          BlackStar HT-5 Combo
                          BlackStar HT-100