Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i refi?

considering refinancing my mortgage, anyone else looking?

currently i am at 4.875% with a 123k remaining balance. zillow and property tax records value the home in the upper 140s but i am not looking to take any money out, just want to lower my rate and get this debt paid off quicker. i am getting other quotes but the bank i work at has proposed 3.375% with only 1900 in closing costs (rolled into new loan) and i would only have 350 in out of pocket expenses for an appraisal.

right now i am paying 150 extra each month and still plan to do that (or more) moving forward either way. i plan to keep the house for the long haul; possibly renting it out if i ever decide to move.

I had them amortize my exsisting loan vs what they are proposing. if i stick with my current loan i will be paid off in 228 months, they have the new loan getting paid off in 189 months but that would be even sooner because i would get a refund from my current escrow that i can apply directly to the balance.

what do you think? seems like the no brainer decisions always have other things to think about which is why i am asking.

thanks,

bill
    strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Sounds like we have the same house, same rate, and same remaining amounts.
    GREAT TRANSACTIONS WITH.....---->CLICK HERE

Comment

Sounds like we have the same house, same rate, and same remaining amounts.
      GREAT TRANSACTIONS WITH.....---->CLICK HERE

Comment

honestly dont see any reason why you wouldn't
        ***Click Here to Help Feed Rescued Animals, it Only Takes a Single Click and is Free!***
        Spammidiman anniversary edition 2x2 - $50 shipped
        carvin dcm 1500 power amp - $150 shipped

Comment

***Click Here to Help Feed Rescued Animals, it Only Takes a Single Click and is Free!***
          Spammidiman anniversary edition 2x2 - $50 shipped
          carvin dcm 1500 power amp - $150 shipped

Comment

do it and setup half payments, bi-monthly and that will reduce # of years. i think on a 30-year loan it knocks off 7 years. this is b/c you are paying half of your mortgage on the first of the month, before interest accrues on your mortgage by the end of the month. i just refinanced from 4.875 to 3.625 and went 20-year loan, bi-monthly and will have it paid off in 15 years.
            - Adam

Comment

do it and setup half payments, bi-monthly and that will reduce # of years. i think on a 30-year loan it knocks off 7 years. this is b/c you are paying half of your mortgage on the first of the month, before interest accrues on your mortgage by the end of the month. i just refinanced from 4.875 to 3.625 and went 20-year loan, bi-monthly and will have it paid off in 15 years.
              - Adam

Comment

If the value of the cash flow from the amount saved month over month is greater than the cash outlay--$1900-- then yes. In other words, would you pay $1900 to receive the saved monthly amount?

Comment

If the value of the cash flow from the amount saved month over month is greater than the cash outlay--$1900-- then yes. In other words, would you pay $1900 to receive the saved monthly amount?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
                    View Post

yeah i know. i just hate to make such a large decision without doing as much research as possible.

i would have to time the appraisal correctly but that is not a huge deal.

+1 on paying every 2 weeks, that really helps out.

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
                      View Post

yeah i know. i just hate to make such a large decision without doing as much research as possible.

i would have to time the appraisal correctly but that is not a huge deal.

+1 on paying every 2 weeks, that really helps out.

Comment

definitely do it man. You can do better than 4.8% these days.
                        http://www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

definitely do it man. You can do better than 4.8% these days.
                          http://www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

Yeah, if youre getting a better rate, and your pay off is 39 months quicker (thats over 3 years!!) Id do that **************** in a heartbeat.
                            Peavey ESP DiMarzio

I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!

Good Transactions

Comment

Yeah, if youre getting a better rate, and your pay off is 39 months quicker (thats over 3 years!!) Id do that **************** in a heartbeat.
                              Peavey ESP DiMarzio

I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!

Good Transactions

Comment

Working...
                              X