• Show
Clear All

My favorite pickup

Comment

My favorite pickup

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisjd
        View Post

From what I could tell, it sounds good. How would you compare/rate the custom compared to the d-sonic?

well, its really just a much different pickup. The Custom is voiced more traditionally, although don't let that make you think its vintage. It may be hotter than the D Sonic, and it is definitely a thicker, beefier tone. The D Sonic is clear and lean, and the Custom is thick and dirty if that helps.
        Resident swirl guy
        check out mah band: fusiony-metuhlz www.myspace.com/officialarc
        FOR SALE: Ibanez Lo Pro Edge bridge in GOLD with all the parts you need (...minus the bar!)! Nut, springs, posts, claw, etc... Bridge has some pitting/wear on the bass side. $75 and its all yours!

Comment

View Post

From what I could tell, it sounds good. How would you compare/rate the custom compared to the d-sonic?

well, its really just a much different pickup. The Custom is voiced more traditionally, although don't let that make you think its vintage. It may be hotter than the D Sonic, and it is definitely a thicker, beefier tone. The D Sonic is clear and lean, and the Custom is thick and dirty if that helps.
          Resident swirl guy
          FOR SALE: Ibanez Lo Pro Edge bridge in GOLD with all the parts you need (...minus the bar!)! Nut, springs, posts, claw, etc... Bridge has some pitting/wear on the bass side. $75 and its all yours!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by HumanFuseBen
            View Post

Interesting. So what do you prefer for the seven string? Which one has more growl and bark?
            "Follow your instinct.... It usually takes you home."

Heads:
            Egnater Armageddon
            VHT Deliverance
            Titan Custom 100
            Baron MII 100
            Marshall JCM 800 2203KK
            VHT 100 CL
            Splawn Nitro
            Peavey 6505 & FJA 6505 & 5150 II
            Krank Krankenstein +
            Bogner Uberschall Rev Blue
            Rivera K-Tre'
            Framus Cobra & Dragon
            Ampeg VH-140c
            Engl Savage 120 & Powerball
            Mesa Dual Rectifier
            ESP Guitars

HC References
            http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=2242115

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by HumanFuseBen
              View Post

Interesting. So what do you prefer for the seven string? Which one has more growl and bark?
              "Follow your instinct.... It usually takes you home."

Heads:
              Egnater Armageddon
              VHT Deliverance
              Titan Custom 100
              Baron MII 100
              Marshall JCM 800 2203KK
              VHT 100 CL
              Splawn Nitro
              Peavey 6505 & FJA 6505 & 5150 II
              Krank Krankenstein +
              Bogner Uberschall Rev Blue
              Rivera K-Tre'
              Framus Cobra & Dragon
              Ampeg VH-140c
              Engl Savage 120 & Powerball
              Mesa Dual Rectifier
              ESP Guitars

HC References
              http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=2242115

Comment

MARKED FOR LATER!!!!
                Gear: 2 Marshall Slash Sig Jubilee 2555
                1 Marshall 1960BHW
                4 Les Pauls
                1 Taylor Acoustic

GoodDealsWith:
                Gregovertone,eecamichael,ihave27frets, Guitarted, VoodooChild24, Dimebag11(Thanks Keith) TU BE

Comment

MARKED FOR LATER!!!!
                  Gear: 2 Marshall Slash Sig Jubilee 2555
                  1 Marshall 1960BHW
                  4 Les Pauls
                  1 Taylor Acoustic

GoodDealsWith:
                  Gregovertone,eecamichael,ihave27frets, Guitarted, VoodooChild24, Dimebag11(Thanks Keith) TU BE

Comment

View Post

hmm.... it would really depend on what someone was wanting to use it for, honestly. For me, playing and writing mostly prog-ish heavy fusion-y stuff, i feel like the D Sonic is more ME, more my sound if that makes sense. I do love this Custom though!
                    Resident swirl guy

Comment

View Post

hmm.... it would really depend on what someone was wanting to use it for, honestly. For me, playing and writing mostly prog-ish heavy fusion-y stuff, i feel like the D Sonic is more ME, more my sound if that makes sense. I do love this Custom though!
                      Resident swirl guy

Comment

The SH-5 is on my list of pickups to try. Every time I hear it, it reminds me of a clearer/cleaner sounding Duncan Distortion....
                        Mesa Triple Recto
                        Marshall 2203 Clone
                        Axe-FX/POD HD500

Comment

The SH-5 is on my list of pickups to try. Every time I hear it, it reminds me of a clearer/cleaner sounding Duncan Distortion....
                          Mesa Triple Recto
                          Marshall 2203 Clone
                          Axe-FX/POD HD500

Comment

It really impressed me! Give it a whirl dude.
                            Resident swirl guy

Comment

It really impressed me! Give it a whirl dude.
                              Resident swirl guy

Comment

had one in a Carvin DC727, loved it , but I switched to an alnico nailbomb 7 and liked it a little better.

Definitely my favorite Duncan 7 string bridge pickup though.
                                Bernie Rico Jr. CS Hesperian 7
                                Axe -Fx II-MFC 101
                                RCF NX 12 sma
                                Jsx 2X12 Combo
                                7 Strings

Comment

Working...
                                X