Jet City JCA12S 70w and Lne 6 Spider Valve HD100 MKII 100W Guitar Amp - Will it Work?

lespaulist

• Members

Hi Everyone,
I have a quick quesiton that I am sure most of you know already.

I have a Jet City Amplification JCA12S 1x12 Guitar Speaker, Here are the specs:
12 inch Jet City Custom Eminence Driver
16 ohm, 70 watt design

I have a chnace to buy a new head a Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 MKII 100W Guitar Amp Head.

Will the 100W head work with my 70w speaker or I am going to damage the speaker? I don't plan on cranking the amp up very high so if I keep it low will it be ok?

Thanks for your help

• Members

It should be ok and you can always add another cab later on. This amp was designed with V30's though. Difficult amp in the sense that it was really volume dependent. It could sound good, you went up in volume and it was like you changed the amp model.

Great all in one amp though.

• Members

Yeah, you can do it if you arent cranking it. Any reason youre going for this amp? You could probably get something better for a similar price. They arent bad amps, but the issue that Tech21man stated is apparent, plus there are other options that sound better...depending on what youre paying for this one, I guess.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRaf

View Post

Yeah, you can do it if you arent cranking it. Any reason youre going for this amp? You could probably get something better for a similar price. They arent bad amps, but the issue that Tech21man stated is apparent, plus there are other options that sound better...depending on what youre paying for this one, I guess.

I got the amp for $135. That's the reason I am getting it. If there are better options please let me know. Thanks for the help.

• Members

View Post

I got the amp for $135. That's the reason I am getting it. If there are better options please let me know. Thanks for the help.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by lespaulist

View Post

That's a steal for the Spidervalve. Those are pretty cool amps if you aren't playing really loud.

• Members

View Post

Yeah, for that price you probably wont find anything better unless youre SUPER lucky.

• Members

View Post

Yeah, for that price you probably wont find anything better unless youre SUPER lucky.

Thanks. I thought for the price I couldn't go wrong. For the speaker, I should just look for anything with V30's... right? I can keep my eye out for a good deal. Thanks

• Members

Like everyone said, long as you're not running full out there should be no worries.

I mean how often do we run our 100 watt heads at 2/3rd + levels? I know the only time I do that is when I am using my Hotplate as most elements start to hit critical mass w/o it. I mean my VH100R can set ciderblocks on fire @ 200 yards at level 4, I've never opened her up w/o the Hotplate on for fear of the end of the world as we all know it!

Derek

• Members

View Post

Thanks. I thought for the price I couldn't go wrong. For the speaker, I should just look for anything with V30's... right? I can keep my eye out for a good deal. Thanks

Depends greatly on what you like. I personally like v30s but youll find a lot of people dont.

Archived