Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jet City JCA12S 70w and Lne 6 Spider Valve HD100 MKII 100W Guitar Amp - Will it Work?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse







X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jet City JCA12S 70w and Lne 6 Spider Valve HD100 MKII 100W Guitar Amp - Will it Work?

    Hi Everyone,

    I have a quick quesiton that I am sure most of you know already.



    I have a Jet City Amplification JCA12S 1x12 Guitar Speaker, Here are the specs:

    12 inch Jet City Custom Eminence Driver

    16 ohm, 70 watt design



    I have a chnace to buy a new head a Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 MKII 100W Guitar Amp Head.



    Will the 100W head work with my 70w speaker or I am going to damage the speaker? I don't plan on cranking the amp up very high so if I keep it low will it be ok?



    Thanks for your help

  • #2
    It should be ok and you can always add another cab later on. This amp was designed with V30's though. Difficult amp in the sense that it was really volume dependent. It could sound good, you went up in volume and it was like you changed the amp model.



    Great all in one amp though.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;is this tone obtainable using the HD500 or Axe Fx? Overall, for convenience and volume control, should I buy the Axe Fx over actual tube amps? I don't plan on playing loud; just playing at home and recording on my Mac. Thanks man, you are awesome!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    short answer: no...<br />
    <br />
    long answer: no way...&quot;</div>

    Comment


    • #3
      Yea, I just got a really good deal on the amp and I already have the cab so I didn't want to to buy another one. Thanks for the input.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah, you can do it if you arent cranking it. Any reason youre going for this amp? You could probably get something better for a similar price. They arent bad amps, but the issue that Tech21man stated is apparent, plus there are other options that sound better...depending on what youre paying for this one, I guess.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">Peavey ESP DiMarzio<br />
        <br />
        <a href="http://www.valvequeen.com/" target="_blank">I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!</a><br />
        <br />
        <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showpost.php?p=38462822&amp;postcount=265" target="_blank">Good Transactions</a></div>

        Comment


        • #5






          Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRaf
          View Post

          Yeah, you can do it if you arent cranking it. Any reason youre going for this amp? You could probably get something better for a similar price. They arent bad amps, but the issue that Tech21man stated is apparent, plus there are other options that sound better...depending on what youre paying for this one, I guess.




          I got the amp for $135. That's the reason I am getting it. If there are better options please let me know. Thanks for the help.

          Comment


          • #6






            Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRaf
            View Post

            Yeah, you can do it if you arent cranking it. Any reason youre going for this amp? You could probably get something better for a similar price. They arent bad amps, but the issue that Tech21man stated is apparent, plus there are other options that sound better...depending on what youre paying for this one, I guess.




            I got the amp for $135. That's the reason I am getting it. If there are better options please let me know. Thanks for the help.

            Comment


            • #7






              Quote Originally Posted by lespaulist
              View Post

              I got the amp for $135. That's the reason I am getting it. If there are better options please let me know. Thanks for the help.




              That's a steal for the Spidervalve. Those are pretty cool amps if you aren't playing really loud.

              Comment


              • #8
                You should be ok but really get another cab as soon as possible, something with over 50w of handling. Just keep the volume low.



                $135 is a great deal on the Spider Valve, i would have jumped on it too.
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.lastchanceisrock.com" target="_blank">www.lastchanceisrock.com</a><br />
                <br />
                <br />
                Brand new cd ...And Then It Rains now available <br />
                here&gt;&gt;&gt; <a href="http://cdbaby.com/cd/lastchance2" target="_blank">http://cdbaby.com/cd/lastchance2</a><br />
                <br />
                And also on iTunes and Napster<br />
                <br />
                <font color="red"><br />
                Rogue Analog Delay $25 shipped<br />
                </font><br />
                <br />
                <br />
                <br />
                <br />
                <b>Good traders: KLeeneX, Solcat, DARKMETL/,Procreatur,TheAmazingBlob,SnoMan97,Steve the Hero, NITROHOLIC<img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/thumb.gif" border="0" alt="" title="thumbs up" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/thumb.gif" border="0" alt="" title="thumbs up" class="inlineimg" />, jrcorp,madryan,iblastoff,Doctor Morbius,teletaylor</b><br />
                <br />
                <font color="Blue">Bad trader ontariomaximus(Randy Fay of Phaez Amps)</font></div>

                Comment


                • #9






                  Quote Originally Posted by lespaulist
                  View Post

                  I got the amp for $135. That's the reason I am getting it. If there are better options please let me know. Thanks for the help.




                  Yeah, for that price you probably wont find anything better unless youre SUPER lucky.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">Peavey ESP DiMarzio<br />
                  <br />
                  <a href="http://www.valvequeen.com/" target="_blank">I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!</a><br />
                  <br />
                  <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showpost.php?p=38462822&amp;postcount=265" target="_blank">Good Transactions</a></div>

                  Comment


                  • #10






                    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRaf
                    View Post

                    Yeah, for that price you probably wont find anything better unless youre SUPER lucky.




                    Thanks. I thought for the price I couldn't go wrong. For the speaker, I should just look for anything with V30's... right? I can keep my eye out for a good deal. Thanks

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Like everyone said, long as you're not running full out there should be no worries.



                      I mean how often do we run our 100 watt heads at 2/3rd + levels? I know the only time I do that is when I am using my Hotplate as most elements start to hit critical mass w/o it. I mean my VH100R can set ciderblocks on fire @ 200 yards at level 4, I've never opened her up w/o the Hotplate on for fear of the end of the world as we all know it!



                      Derek

                      Comment


                      • #12






                        Quote Originally Posted by lespaulist
                        View Post

                        Thanks. I thought for the price I couldn't go wrong. For the speaker, I should just look for anything with V30's... right? I can keep my eye out for a good deal. Thanks




                        Depends greatly on what you like. I personally like v30s but youll find a lot of people dont.
                        <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.lastchanceisrock.com" target="_blank">www.lastchanceisrock.com</a><br />
                        <br />
                        <br />
                        Brand new cd ...And Then It Rains now available <br />
                        here&gt;&gt;&gt; <a href="http://cdbaby.com/cd/lastchance2" target="_blank">http://cdbaby.com/cd/lastchance2</a><br />
                        <br />
                        And also on iTunes and Napster<br />
                        <br />
                        <font color="red"><br />
                        Rogue Analog Delay $25 shipped<br />
                        </font><br />
                        <br />
                        <br />
                        <br />
                        <br />
                        <b>Good traders: KLeeneX, Solcat, DARKMETL/,Procreatur,TheAmazingBlob,SnoMan97,Steve the Hero, NITROHOLIC<img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/thumb.gif" border="0" alt="" title="thumbs up" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/thumb.gif" border="0" alt="" title="thumbs up" class="inlineimg" />, jrcorp,madryan,iblastoff,Doctor Morbius,teletaylor</b><br />
                        <br />
                        <font color="Blue">Bad trader ontariomaximus(Randy Fay of Phaez Amps)</font></div>

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X