No announcement yet.

The things that can happen to you...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colejustesen
    started a topic The things that can happen to you...

The things that can happen to you...

It amazes me the things that can go wrong in a day... I took today off from work so I could do some work on my wife's car [it was acting like it was sputtering when on the freeway]. After I was done, I took it on the freeway to to see if there was an improvement. Everything worked great, so I swang by her work to drop it off and pickup my truck that she took instead of her car. As I was going home on the freeway, another driver's Thule cargo carrier flew off his vehicle and into me at 65ish mph... Of course the first thing that went through my head was fuuuuuuu.... Though it turned out pretty good so far, as it did minimal damage to my truck.

It made me think... had I been a few seconds later/earlier leaving my wife's place of employment, I probably wouldn't have been involved... It is crazy more **************** doesn't happen...

TL;DR - **************** happened to me

Here are some images of what happened to my truck... It could have been a lot worse!

Cole

• chevybusa
    replied
    Sorry to hear it man, that really sucks....you're right, it is crazy going down the random path of chance, no joke, my great aunt and uncle were driving down the highway one day and a ****************ing wheel and tire from a truck in front of them flew off and went right into their windshield...this was years and years ago but I'm pretty sure they were on the opposite side of the highway...anyways it smashed the windshield and came through, and really ****************ed them both up, they were lucky that they weren't killed...it sucks, just the complete ****************ing randomness of accidents...

Leave a comment:

• chevybusa
    replied
    Sorry to hear it man, that really sucks....you're right, it is crazy going down the random path of chance, no joke, my great aunt and uncle were driving down the highway one day and a ****************ing wheel and tire from a truck in front of them flew off and went right into their windshield...this was years and years ago but I'm pretty sure they were on the opposite side of the highway...anyways it smashed the windshield and came through, and really ****************ed them both up, they were lucky that they weren't killed...it sucks, just the complete ****************ing randomness of accidents...

Leave a comment:

• zehn
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by knucklefux
    View Post

thanks.

forgot to mention that while i was under the car, i discovered that i have a broken motor mount too. the kicker is, they're solid motor mounts

What car?

Leave a comment:

• zehn
    replied

View Post

thanks.

forgot to mention that while i was under the car, i discovered that i have a broken motor mount too. the kicker is, they're solid motor mounts

What car?

Leave a comment:

• knucklefux
    replied
    thanks.

Leave a comment:

• knucklefux
    replied
    thanks.

Leave a comment:

• colejustesen
    replied

View Post

today, on my way home from work my car died while idling at a light a couple miles from home.

went to crank it back up, and the starter wouldn't jive.

then i smelled fuel.

the car died because the fuel supply hose came loose from the fitting. called the wife, she came and picked me up.

went to the parts store to get the stuff to fix it, then went and fixed it. tried jumping my car in case it was the battery, it wasn't. after a bunch of diagnosing and a trip home to get my floor jack, i determined that the starter solenoid was the problem. off to the parts store to buy one, then i got the starter removed and came home because it was getting cold and i was tired of ****************ing with it.

now i have to install the starter in order to get to work in the morning.

Cars.... Damned if you, damned if you don't. I hope you can get installed quickly and warmly

Cole

Leave a comment:

• colejustesen
    replied

View Post

today, on my way home from work my car died while idling at a light a couple miles from home.

then i smelled fuel.

the car died because the fuel supply hose came loose from the fitting. called the wife, she came and picked me up.

went to the parts store to get the stuff to fix it, then went and fixed it. tried jumping my car in case it was the battery, it wasn't. after a bunch of diagnosing and a trip home to get my floor jack, i determined that the starter solenoid was the problem. off to the parts store to buy one, then i got the starter removed and came home because it was getting cold and i was tired of ****************ing with it.

Cars.... Damned if you, damned if you don't. I hope you can get installed quickly and warmly

Cole

Leave a comment:

• knucklefux
    replied

then i smelled fuel.

Leave a comment:

• knucklefux
    replied

then i smelled fuel.

Leave a comment:

• colejustesen
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by draelyc
    View Post

Dude, as others have said, glad you're still in one piece!

And yeah, I think about the timing of things like that all the time ...

Quote Originally Posted by "sasquatch"
    View Post

man, that sucks

treat yourself. drive up to sandpoint and go skiing for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ke2
    View Post

Damn close call, man!

Good to hear the damage was only material, and FAIRLY minor as well

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! I plan on going up snowboarding this Sunday with one of my classmates

It is going to be super nice!!!

Cole

Leave a comment:

• colejustesen
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by draelyc
    View Post

Dude, as others have said, glad you're still in one piece!

And yeah, I think about the timing of things like that all the time ...

Quote Originally Posted by "sasquatch"
    View Post

man, that sucks

treat yourself. drive up to sandpoint and go skiing for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ke2
    View Post

Damn close call, man!

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! I plan on going up snowboarding this Sunday with one of my classmates

It is going to be super nice!!!

Cole

Leave a comment:

• ke2
    replied
    Damn close call, man!

Leave a comment:

• ke2
    replied
    Damn close call, man!