OT: XBOX 360 and Halo 4 newb!

Nazgul6

• Members

I have had a ps3 for years, and aside from watching my son play, my main thing was to play Black Ops online. I performed terribly like most 43 year old guys do against 15 year old kids in online 1st person shooters but it was fun.

Anyway, got an XBOX 360 Live for Christmas and I'll be using that and my son gets the ps3 all to himself. I want to get Halo 4. What do I need to know. Will this be impossible for me to play online? I feel ike the level of expertise out there is so off the charts I won't be able to get off the ground. Should I start with the campaign? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

• Members

Any of the Halo games will be much more challenging than almost any COD game. COD is more of a casual shooter where almost anyone can pick up the game and do ok some of the time. Halo is a bit tougher in a few ways. It takes more shots to kill people, players evade shots, and headshots count. You will not do well in Halo without working on your aim and going for headshots. It's not like COD where you hold the trigger down and just spray in the general vicinity of the other player's body. Although, the Assault Rifle is fairly cheap in that way compared to the other guns.

Playing through the campaign certainly won't hurt. It will give you time to adjust to the mechanics of the game. Halo 4 is more noobed down than Halo 1 or 2, so it won't be that hard to adjust. Assault Rifle is easy to use, as long as you're within range. The BR seems like it's easier to use than the DMR, but the DMR has more potential if you get better with it. Four shots to the body, then one to the head with the DMR and BR. They don't all have to be headshots. Also, learn to be more aware of your surroundings. Know where to expect other players to be coming from, and especially get very familiar with the maps(however {censored}ty they might be). Learn to strafe to avoid being hit in a shootout. Even better yet if you can do it while shooting back. biggrin.gif

Hope this helps.

• Members

Any of the Halo games will be much more challenging than almost any COD game. COD is more of a casual shooter where almost anyone can pick up the game and do ok some of the time. Halo is a bit tougher in a few ways. It takes more shots to kill people, players evade shots, and headshots count. You will not do well in Halo without working on your aim and going for headshots. It's not like COD where you hold the trigger down and just spray in the general vicinity of the other player's body. Although, the Assault Rifle is fairly cheap in that way compared to the other guns.

Playing through the campaign certainly won't hurt. It will give you time to adjust to the mechanics of the game. Halo 4 is more noobed down than Halo 1 or 2, so it won't be that hard to adjust. Assault Rifle is easy to use, as long as you're within range. The BR seems like it's easier to use than the DMR, but the DMR has more potential if you get better with it. Four shots to the body, then one to the head with the DMR and BR. They don't all have to be headshots. Also, learn to be more aware of your surroundings. Know where to expect other players to be coming from, and especially get very familiar with the maps(however {censored}ty they might be). Learn to strafe to avoid being hit in a shootout. Even better yet if you can do it while shooting back. biggrin.gif

Hope this helps.

• Members

I heard Halo 4 is as badass as halo 1 was when it came out. I love all the halo games. Theyre {censored}ing awesome and super fun. Just play a bunch in campaign mode and build up your skills until you feel you can get online. The skill level online is pretty ridiculous.

• Members

I heard Halo 4 is as badass as halo 1 was when it came out. I love all the halo games. Theyre {censored}ing awesome and super fun. Just play a bunch in campaign mode and build up your skills until you feel you can get online. The skill level online is pretty ridiculous.

• Members

Halo is fun, but much more team based. When I play with buddies we are almost unstoppable, when I play with randoms it is much harder

I will say that Halo has one main advantage in that games are based on ranking. You usually get put in with people who have a similar rank, where COD is based mainly on region.

Campaign will help, but like CoD it's all about hopping in and playing. Head shots are the name of the game in Halo, much more so than CoD

• Members

Halo is fun, but much more team based. When I play with buddies we are almost unstoppable, when I play with randoms it is much harder

I will say that Halo has one main advantage in that games are based on ranking. You usually get put in with people who have a similar rank, where COD is based mainly on region.

Campaign will help, but like CoD it's all about hopping in and playing. Head shots are the name of the game in Halo, much more so than CoD

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sinnerx96 View Post

Hope this helps.
Yeah this helps. It helps me to say I shouldn't buy it!!!!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sinnerx96 View Post

Hope this helps.
Yeah this helps. It helps me to say I shouldn't buy it!!!!

Archived