X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New EVH Combos and guitars

Saw these over on Rog Tolk and thought I'd share.

The combos kind of look cheap, like a B52 or something. They are renders though, so the real deal might look better. I'm sure they will sound killer though and built in reverb is nice. Rafs next amp?
    Originally Posted by James Hetfield

I AM THE TABLE!!

Guitars:
    LTD EC256:EMG's, Tonepros, Grovers
    Agile PS900 Blue Flame
    Ibanez Acoustic: V300CW
    Amps:
    EVH 5150 III 100w
    EVH 5150 III 4x12
    Effects:
    POD HD300
    MXR 10 Band EQ

Good Transactions: cadfael, kev324, sahlomonic, Lucius

Butt-adjust Thumbwheel?
    Have a listen and like my rock/stoner/thrash band Longhorn on Facebook

Comment

Butt-adjust Thumbwheel?
      Have a listen and like my rock/stoner/thrash band Longhorn on Facebook

Comment

I'm really thinking about getting a yellow/black one of that guitars. The only thing I dislike is the giant EVH logo. The Charvel artist series headstocks looked better imho.

Nice price though. Made in Ensenada I see.

Comment

I'm really thinking about getting a yellow/black one of that guitars. The only thing I dislike is the giant EVH logo. The Charvel artist series headstocks looked better imho.

Nice price though. Made in Ensenada I see.

Comment

Bumble bee for me please.
            "You won't like me when I'm angry because I back up my rage with facts and documented sources" ~ The Credible Hulk

Comment

Bumble bee for me please.
              "You won't like me when I'm angry because I back up my rage with facts and documented sources" ~ The Credible Hulk

Comment

84lbs for the combo!

Phuck, can't they make these things weigh less?
                YouTube Video: Children of the Damned (Band: Children of the Damned in Berkeley - 2009)
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vquPPpKC9XA

YouTube Video: Hot for Teacher (Band: Overdrive) - Dans Bar in Walnut Creek (2006)
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyw--8L7tig[/

Comment

84lbs for the combo!

Phuck, can't they make these things weigh less?
                  YouTube Video: Children of the Damned (Band: Children of the Damned in Berkeley - 2009)
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vquPPpKC9XA

YouTube Video: Hot for Teacher (Band: Overdrive) - Dans Bar in Walnut Creek (2006)
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyw--8L7tig[/

Comment

1 volume knob - labeled TONE!!
                    Sig: don't care enough to have oneWAIT!!! - www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

1 volume knob - labeled TONE!!
                      Sig: don't care enough to have oneWAIT!!! - www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

I want that ****************ing combo!!!!!

I miss the head I had. This ****************er has built in reverb!!! 84lbs though Are they gonna release a 1x12?
                        ORANGE CONGLOMERATE
                        VTM VANDALS

Originally Posted by cobrahead1030

Gibsons are like that crazy ex gf, the one you'd wanna strangle on a daily basis...but was dynamite in bed.

She always calls up during a dry spell, and ya have to hit it one more time.

Originally Posted by Mr. Brady

This is the reason modelers don't sound good. They don't have a standby switch modelled so the virtual tubes never get a chance to warm up.

Comment

I want that ****************ing combo!!!!!

I miss the head I had. This ****************er has built in reverb!!! 84lbs though Are they gonna release a 1x12?
                          ORANGE CONGLOMERATE
                          VTM VANDALS

Originally Posted by cobrahead1030

Gibsons are like that crazy ex gf, the one you'd wanna strangle on a daily basis...but was dynamite in bed.

She always calls up during a dry spell, and ya have to hit it one more time.

Originally Posted by Mr. Brady

This is the reason modelers don't sound good. They don't have a standby switch modelled so the virtual tubes never get a chance to warm up.

Comment

Yeah, the old pv 2x12 combo had spring reverb as well.. Honestly, after using it as a combo for umpteen million years, I built a headshell and use it as a head. I wonder if the dimensions are similar to the PV.. It was a little thin.. I want to say 10 or 11 inches deep..So, while it did sound great, once you put it thru a bigger 2x12 or 4x12 it became clear it didn't have near the depth and low end.. This one looks a little weird. With the way the front looks, it appears like the chassis may game down into the cab..? More than likely the front of the cab is proportioned so that just the controls are in it's own area and the speakers and chassis aren't in the same part of the amp.. Otherwise, that can't be good for the tubes and tube rattle to have them in there with the speakers..lol

The guitars? Meh.. I guess it's about time he cashed in on that stripped old strat thru his brand, but the Wolfgang is a far superior guitar than just a standard old Basswood body strat.. Although, that type of guitar does sound nice. My old fender hm strat is Basswood and I have the evh Frankenstein in there and it sounds great.
                            SPAM

-Dimarzio Paf 7-$45 or trade for a Duncan custom 7

-Mick Thomson Blackouts set- $110 or $100 for just pickups, no pots/harnesses

emg 81 or 85. $50. I'm keeping one, so whichever one sells first..

-Ibanez Ts9- like new $60

-Modded ProCo Rat (pm for info) $70

pm for pics

Good transactions with- too many.

Comment

Yeah, the old pv 2x12 combo had spring reverb as well.. Honestly, after using it as a combo for umpteen million years, I built a headshell and use it as a head. I wonder if the dimensions are similar to the PV.. It was a little thin.. I want to say 10 or 11 inches deep..So, while it did sound great, once you put it thru a bigger 2x12 or 4x12 it became clear it didn't have near the depth and low end.. This one looks a little weird. With the way the front looks, it appears like the chassis may game down into the cab..? More than likely the front of the cab is proportioned so that just the controls are in it's own area and the speakers and chassis aren't in the same part of the amp.. Otherwise, that can't be good for the tubes and tube rattle to have them in there with the speakers..lol

The guitars? Meh.. I guess it's about time he cashed in on that stripped old strat thru his brand, but the Wolfgang is a far superior guitar than just a standard old Basswood body strat.. Although, that type of guitar does sound nice. My old fender hm strat is Basswood and I have the evh Frankenstein in there and it sounds great.
                              SPAM

-Dimarzio Paf 7-$45 or trade for a Duncan custom 7

-Mick Thomson Blackouts set- $110 or $100 for just pickups, no pots/harnesses

emg 81 or 85. $50. I'm keeping one, so whichever one sells first..

-Ibanez Ts9- like new $60

-Modded ProCo Rat (pm for info) $70

pm for pics

Good transactions with- too many.

Comment

Working...
                              X