EVH Special opinions ????

stompboxfreak72

• Members

I think Im about to pull the trigger on an EVH Special in antique white. I have played one. A few times at GC. Loved the neck but the particular guitar was beat to {censored} so I passed. I thought it played better than myPeavey Wolfgang standard.

Anyone have any personal experience with these ? I need another superstrat but this will work nicely for my purposes. If I only could justify a Luxxtone.......

Thoughts ?

• Members

I had one for a few weeks, the hardtail version. While the neck was great and it sounded amazing, I couldn't get the action to where I wanted it and the frets were small for my taste. I ended up selling it for for $150 more than what I paid for it, it was one of those lowball ebay bids that ended up winning. They're solid guitars IMO.

• Members

I had one for a few weeks, the hardtail version. While the neck was great and it sounded amazing, I couldn't get the action to where I wanted it and the frets were small for my taste. I ended up selling it for for $150 more than what I paid for it, it was one of those lowball ebay bids that ended up winning. They're solid guitars IMO.

• Members

I ordered an EMBB Axis earlier this year and its somewhere in transit. I was playing it back to back with the EVH Wolfie. I found the neck to be great on the axis, the PU's to be more to my liking. I thought the EVH had cool SS frets (though they were too small) and liked the ebony fingerboard on the stealth model, but the guitar didn't speak to me.

On the subject of superstrats, I have a shredders dream for sale if you're interested------------> http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...s-Style-2-Tele

• Members

I ordered an EMBB Axis earlier this year and its somewhere in transit. I was playing it back to back with the EVH Wolfie. I found the neck to be great on the axis, the PU's to be more to my liking. I thought the EVH had cool SS frets (though they were too small) and liked the ebony fingerboard on the stealth model, but the guitar didn't speak to me.

On the subject of superstrats, I have a shredders dream for sale if you're interested------------> http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...s-Style-2-Tele

Archived