Convince me that Adrian Peterson shouldn't win the MVP

la0tsu

• Members

• 2097 - Second highest yardage total all time
  • 6.0 - top five yards per carry for the season all time (behind Jim Brown's 6.4 in 1963 and Barry Sanders's 6.1 in 1997, tied with OJ Simpson's 6.0 in 1973)
  • Carried a team starting Christian Freaking Ponder at QB to the playoffs despite playing in the toughest division in the NFL, during an era when it's nearly impossible to be competitive without a good QB
  • Rushed for more yards in the last 11 games of the season than any other RB did in all 16
  • Rushed for almost 900 yards during the month of December alone (as a full season total, that would be #19 in the league, just ahead of LeSean McCoy and just behind Trent Richardson
  • Faced 8 or 9 man fronts nearly every down, and STILL delivered

I guess Manning is the competition, and I can understand that. He had a great year. But while he had one of the three or four best seasons of any QB this season, Peterson had one of the two or three best seasons of any RB EVER.

Another way of looking at it: There were at least three other QBs that would have had as much success with Denver as Manning did (Rodgers, Brady, and Brees for sure, maybe Roethlisberger and Ryan as well). There were ZERO who would have had as much success with the Vikings.

Can anyone give me a good reason why AD isn't MVPeterson?

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bc Manning would beat God out for a starting QB position, no matter the team. snacks.gif

That's why.

To say those other QB's could basically implement their system and win the division in the offseason is crazy, because they don't have their own systems like PM. It's not really even comparable anymore in my book with what he's done with this team in Year 1.

• Members

Bc Manning would beat God out for a starting QB position, no matter the team. snacks.gif

That's why.

To say those other QB's could basically implement their system and win the division in the offseason is crazy, because they don't have their own systems like PM. It's not really even comparable anymore in my book with what he's done with this team in Year 1.

• Members

Because Peyton was flat out better. Peterson is great but Peyton took over an entire team after a year off and has dominated like no other. Peterson is just spinning his wheels in a rut, and Minnesota will fail in the first round. Peyton will annihilate the playoffs and maybe just kill Peterson to grill for dinner.

• Members

Because Peyton was flat out better. Peterson is great but Peyton took over an entire team after a year off and has dominated like no other. Peterson is just spinning his wheels in a rut, and Minnesota will fail in the first round. Peyton will annihilate the playoffs and maybe just kill Peterson to grill for dinner.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by RSBro View Post

That's why.

thumb.gif

Peterson is just another back. People will remember Peyton for the rest of time.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by RSBro View Post

That's why.

thumb.gif

Peterson is just another back. People will remember Peyton for the rest of time.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief View Post
FYI, Jamaal Charles had 6.4 YPC in 2010 on the season...not sure why you left that out...
Because the Chiefs suck, and no one in their entire pathetic organization should receive any praise for a 2-14 season tongue.gif

Except the guy that fired Romeo but even then he failed for keeping pioli freak.gif

• Members
FYI, Jamaal Charles had 6.4 YPC in 2010 on the season...not sure why you left that out...
Because the Chiefs suck, and no one in their entire pathetic organization should receive any praise for a 2-14 season tongue.gif

Except the guy that fired Romeo but even then he failed for keeping pioli freak.gif

• Members

Also, I believe AP should be in the discussion certainly. Personally, I think he was more valuable to his team than Peyton Manning...But Peyton Manning is Peyton Manning. Everyone knows his name, because he's in embarassingly terrible commercials. He's also one of the top 5 QB's to ever play the game, and he's almost near the end of his career. He will likely get it, even though if I were voting, I'd vote for Peterson...And not because I hate Peyton Manning, but because a RUNNING BACK lead his team to the playoffs, when generally it's the QB who does that...

• Members

Also, I believe AP should be in the discussion certainly. Personally, I think he was more valuable to his team than Peyton Manning...But Peyton Manning is Peyton Manning. Everyone knows his name, because he's in embarassingly terrible commercials. He's also one of the top 5 QB's to ever play the game, and he's almost near the end of his career. He will likely get it, even though if I were voting, I'd vote for Peterson...And not because I hate Peyton Manning, but because a RUNNING BACK lead his team to the playoffs, when generally it's the QB who does that...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy View Post
thumb.gif

Yep. I think I put this up on my FB, but this is basically like MJ going to the Wizards and winning the Eastern Conference his first year. What PM did this season is unprecedented and you'll not likely see it again for a very long time. Those guys are good QB's, but when you hear the Broncos Defensive players talk about he changes the team on the other side of the ball and how they've responded, you start to get the picture. No contest MVP = PM.

• Members
thumb.gif

Yep. I think I put this up on my FB, but this is basically like MJ going to the Wizards and winning the Eastern Conference his first year. What PM did this season is unprecedented and you'll not likely see it again for a very long time. Those guys are good QB's, but when you hear the Broncos Defensive players talk about he changes the team on the other side of the ball and how they've responded, you start to get the picture. No contest MVP = PM.

• Members

Ahh, wasn't talking about this year dude. The year Charles rushed with Jim Brown-esque numbers was the year we went 10-6, and won the division.

No one is praising this years team buddy, trust me icon_lol.gif Not even me! icon_lol.gif

• Members

Ahh, wasn't talking about this year dude. The year Charles rushed with Jim Brown-esque numbers was the year we went 10-6, and won the division.

No one is praising this years team buddy, trust me icon_lol.gif Not even me! icon_lol.gif

• Members
Good catch. So, slide Peterson down to ... still top five all time.

• Members
Good catch. So, slide Peterson down to ... still top five all time.

Archived