X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy
    View Post

No, it's not. Thinking an above average rb is more deserving than Peyton is ridiculous. Hell, Brady, Brees and megatron deserve it more than AP

Peyton = best ever

AP = after thought after his career is ended

RB, while I agree with your conclusion that Peyton should win, your path to getting there is so completely flawed its not even funny. Actually, I find it quite funny.

AP isn't gonna be an afterthought. He's gonna be remembered as one of the greatest RBs to play the game if he has 2 more productive seasons. I can't imagine him having more than 2 more left in him at any sort of top level. Not with the punishment he puts his body through.
    Originally Posted by TheEternal

Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

life's too short not to eat bee's

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
    Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy
      View Post

No, it's not. Thinking an above average rb is more deserving than Peyton is ridiculous. Hell, Brady, Brees and megatron deserve it more than AP

Peyton = best ever

AP = after thought after his career is ended

RB, while I agree with your conclusion that Peyton should win, your path to getting there is so completely flawed its not even funny. Actually, I find it quite funny.

AP isn't gonna be an afterthought. He's gonna be remembered as one of the greatest RBs to play the game if he has 2 more productive seasons. I can't imagine him having more than 2 more left in him at any sort of top level. Not with the punishment he puts his body through.

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
      Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

I love AP, and I think he deserves serious consideration, but regarding the knee argument, Wes Welker had the same injury at the end of 2009 and was able to return to start the next season. I know he didn't have as good a season statistically, but still, 85 catches is pretty damn impressive.

Comment

I love AP, and I think he deserves serious consideration, but regarding the knee argument, Wes Welker had the same injury at the end of 2009 and was able to return to start the next season. I know he didn't have as good a season statistically, but still, 85 catches is pretty damn impressive.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by markus50607
            View Post

Wes Welker is a WR on a team with multiple weapons. A bit different than a RB who is THE ONLY offensive weapon on his team.

Good Transactions

Fix Congress First

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by markus50607
              View Post

Wes Welker is a WR on a team with multiple weapons. A bit different than a RB who is THE ONLY offensive weapon on his team.

Good Transactions

Fix Congress First

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9
                View Post

Part of the reason AP had the season he had is BECAUSE he's on the Vikings. He is literally all they have on offense, especially since Harvin went down. Now, AP is beast enough to step up and take the team on his back, so I take nothing away from him, but his star shone especially bright this year because the Viking's offense pretty much sucks donkey balls.

Peyton MVP

AP Comeback player of the year.

I think you just defined what it is to be the Most Valuable Player...and you just voted for AP

Here's my thing, **************** Manning. He has enough MVP's...he can win the ****************ing Super Bowl. Give the MVP to someone more deserving. My vote goes to Jay Cutler.

Comment

View Post

Part of the reason AP had the season he had is BECAUSE he's on the Vikings. He is literally all they have on offense, especially since Harvin went down. Now, AP is beast enough to step up and take the team on his back, so I take nothing away from him, but his star shone especially bright this year because the Viking's offense pretty much sucks donkey balls.

Peyton MVP

AP Comeback player of the year.

I think you just defined what it is to be the Most Valuable Player...and you just voted for AP

Here's my thing, **************** Manning. He has enough MVP's...he can win the ****************ing Super Bowl. Give the MVP to someone more deserving. My vote goes to Jay Cutler.

Comment

Wes Welker is the toughest dude in the NFL. It's a whole different conversation, I know. But it should be a award voted on by the players alone.
                    Look how hard my heart hurts.
                    I need help, give me the works.

I haven't been drunk on sale for a long time either.

Originally Posted by telephant

You sound like an uptight loser and I suspect you have a lot less friends than you claim. Also, your wife is probably a fatty.

Comment

Wes Welker is the toughest dude in the NFL. It's a whole different conversation, I know. But it should be a award voted on by the players alone.
                      Look how hard my heart hurts.
                      I need help, give me the works.

I haven't been drunk on sale for a long time either.

Originally Posted by telephant

You sound like an uptight loser and I suspect you have a lot less friends than you claim. Also, your wife is probably a fatty.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by chad_sux
                        View Post

I know it looks like that, but I didn't.

The Vikings aren't going to win a SB because of AP.

The Broncos quite possible are because of Peyton.

I just don't believe in this era of the NFL any player besides a QB can be the legit MVP. The position has become too important.

Good Transactions

Fix Congress First

Comment

View Post

I just don't believe in this era of the NFL any player besides a QB can be the legit MVP. The position has become too important.

Good Transactions

Fix Congress First

Comment

View Post

Which makes it all the more special what Peterson managed to do this year. Seriously, I was pissed that the Vikings decided to run the clock down and kick the field goal at the end of the game...not because I wanted them to lose (a whole other thread could be dedicated to my feelings on that), but I wanted AP to get some more carries because he DESERVES to have that record.

I love Peyton Manning. But he didn't even have the best QB season this season. Sorry, he's not the MVP. Not this season. He may be the All-Time MVP though...he's that ****************ing good.

Comment

View Post

Which makes it all the more special what Peterson managed to do this year. Seriously, I was pissed that the Vikings decided to run the clock down and kick the field goal at the end of the game...not because I wanted them to lose (a whole other thread could be dedicated to my feelings on that), but I wanted AP to get some more carries because he DESERVES to have that record.

I love Peyton Manning. But he didn't even have the best QB season this season. Sorry, he's not the MVP. Not this season. He may be the All-Time MVP though...he's that ****************ing good.

Comment

View Post

Its a legit conversation and honestly while I have my opinions, if AP I totally understand (and don't really care one way or another really) I just don't agree.

Are da bears gonna steal your OC? Will he bring A Rodgers with him?

And yeah, I'd say Manning is probably all-time MVP and if he gets another ring, no question about it.

Good Transactions

Fix Congress First

Comment

Working...
                                X