Convince me that Adrian Peterson shouldn't win the MVP

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by SnowStorm
    View Post

No way dude. Manning is not best ever and I have no idea how you could say he is without anyone being close. Tom Brady is way better than Manning. Montana was better than Manning. John Elway was better than Manning. Manning is like a slightly better Dan Marino, he puts up big numbers but has only been to one Super Bowl.

Clearly, you know nothing of football.

Brady is the product of an outstanding offensive line and a head coach that cheats.

Montana was the stereotypical 'system quarterback' that was truly average.

Marino was a great passer but played on a one-dimensional team.

Elway grew into being an outstanding QB, but it took him a long time to get there.

Maybe knitting is more your thing.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by SnowStorm
      View Post

No way dude. Manning is not best ever and I have no idea how you could say he is without anyone being close. Tom Brady is way better than Manning. Montana was better than Manning. John Elway was better than Manning. Manning is like a slightly better Dan Marino, he puts up big numbers but has only been to one Super Bowl.

Brady is the product of an outstanding offensive line and a head coach that cheats.

Elway grew into being an outstanding QB, but it took him a long time to get there.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Festus
        View Post

Then you two have something in common, based on what you wrote after the bolded part.

With that said, I do agree that Peyton is probably top 3 all-time.
        Good Transactions with: Hank Lady, JonathanD, thinkpad20, leod_74, GodBlessTexas, JerryP, ed_sped2, Sixtonoize, TheChopsyWanker, Silvertongue

Originally Posted by Hank Hill

Don't you realize you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.

Originally Posted by jnurp

My ex confided to me when we were madly in love that her ex before me was literally hung like a pringles can. That was one of the worst moments of my life.

Comment

View Post

Then you two have something in common, based on what you wrote after the bolded part.

Good Transactions with: Hank Lady, JonathanD, thinkpad20, leod_74, GodBlessTexas, JerryP, ed_sped2, Sixtonoize, TheChopsyWanker, Silvertongue

Don't you realize you're not making Christianity any better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse.

My ex confided to me when we were madly in love that her ex before me was literally hung like a pringles can. That was one of the worst moments of my life.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Sex Panther
            View Post

Except that the MVP is based on the regular season.

Yeah... and I disagree with that structure.

"Your own limitations render you incapable of realizing that not everyone is as limited as yourself."

Comment

View Post

Except that the MVP is based on the regular season.

Yeah... and I disagree with that structure.

"Your own limitations render you incapable of realizing that not everyone is as limited as yourself."

Comment

View Post

You're from Cleveland.

Bernie Kosar and Vinnie Intercepteverde exposure has rendered you confused about football.

You have my condolences.

Comment

View Post

You're from Cleveland.

Bernie Kosar and Vinnie Intercepteverde exposure has rendered you confused about football.

You have my condolences.

Comment

View Post

You're from Cleveland.

You have my condolences.

Where would Otto Graham rank on your list?

Comment

View Post

You're from Cleveland.

You have my condolences.

Where would Otto Graham rank on your list?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9
                        View Post

And yeah, I'd say Manning is probably all-time MVP and if he gets another ring, no question about it.

I find that comment hilarious actually,excuse me but how many SB rings does Brady have? Let's not forget the weapons that Manning had on the Colts? Yes Brady gets a name or 2 swapped out for a year or 2 but still produces no matter who is there. Manning had weapons that stayed with him for years. I do not think AP will get it because of the position he plays in. Barry Sanders carried the Lions for years and even into the Playoffs and the best he could do was a tie with Brett Favre & at that time he was already a lock for HOF. AP is great and he does deserve it but the best he can hope for is a tie. Peyton sure he went to another team but that team was in the playoffs last year. And as stated Brady has less INT's but nearly the same stats so don't call me all that impressed with what PM did,it was kinda expected IMHO as Brady is expected to produce every year to.
                        16' Gibson SG Std.
                        15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
                        OD9 Pro+>1962x>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
                        Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
                        Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9
                          View Post

And yeah, I'd say Manning is probably all-time MVP and if he gets another ring, no question about it.

I find that comment hilarious actually,excuse me but how many SB rings does Brady have? Let's not forget the weapons that Manning had on the Colts? Yes Brady gets a name or 2 swapped out for a year or 2 but still produces no matter who is there. Manning had weapons that stayed with him for years. I do not think AP will get it because of the position he plays in. Barry Sanders carried the Lions for years and even into the Playoffs and the best he could do was a tie with Brett Favre & at that time he was already a lock for HOF. AP is great and he does deserve it but the best he can hope for is a tie. Peyton sure he went to another team but that team was in the playoffs last year. And as stated Brady has less INT's but nearly the same stats so don't call me all that impressed with what PM did,it was kinda expected IMHO as Brady is expected to produce every year to.
                          16' Gibson SG Std.
                          15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
                          OD9 Pro+>1962x>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
                          Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
                          Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)

Comment

• Another moron enters the fray.

Pm > you

Comment

• Another moron enters the fray.

Pm > you

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Cibyl
                                View Post

Tha ****************?

You meant to say "of the last 11 teams the Broncos played only two made the playoffs."

And,...that's not a good argument to support your stance.

Oops... I sure screwed the pooch on that one. Had Colts on the mind...of course I meant Broncos.

I do think the stat is relevant though as the Broncos did not have a horribly difficult schedule. The Vikes have a ****************e QB and AP was still able to run for those insane yards even when the defense knew he was coming bc they had no passing threat.

The thing that makes this hard is what both players had to overcome injury wise to do what they did this year. They are both comeback player of the year candidates also.If I had to choose I really would lean towards AP but you might as well flip a coin bc all arguments for both are valid.
                                Splawn Quickrod 2012 B+ Option
                                Splawn Nitro 2012
                                Splawn Nitro 2008
                                Modded 6505+
                                Blackstar HT-5

Comment

Working...
                                X