- 2097 - Second highest yardage total all time
- 6.0 - top five yards per carry for the season all time (behind Jim Brown's 6.4 in 1963 and Barry Sanders's 6.1 in 1997, tied with OJ Simpson's 6.0 in 1973)
- Carried a team starting Christian Freaking Ponder at QB to the playoffs despite playing in the toughest division in the NFL, during an era when it's nearly impossible to be competitive without a good QB
- Rushed for more yards in the last 11 games of the season than any other RB did in all 16
- Rushed for almost 900 yards during the month of December alone (as a full season total, that would be #19 in the league, just ahead of LeSean McCoy and just behind Trent Richardson
- Faced 8 or 9 man fronts nearly every down, and STILL delivered
I guess Manning is the competition, and I can understand that. He had a great year. But while he had one of the three or four best seasons of any QB this season, Peterson had one of the two or three best seasons of any RB EVER.
Another way of looking at it: There were at least three other QBs that would have had as much success with Denver as Manning did (Rodgers, Brady, and Brees for sure, maybe Roethlisberger and Ryan as well). There were ZERO who would have had as much success with the Vikings.
Can anyone give me a good reason why AD isn't MVPeterson?