Pickup question

DEADBYDAWN

• Members

My buddy has a Squire strat with single coils. He is going to buy a new pick guard and have a humbucker in the bridge position and single coil at the neck.

He wants a Duncan JB- which would be the right one for his string spacing TB-4 or the SH-4?

Thanks

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ke2 View Post
Or he could just get a Seymour Duncan Hot rails.
Best SC-sized pickup I played. Lots of balls, and no modification required smile.gif
I have never liked the look of hot rails, I'd got the humbucker route personally. But we all have different tastes! Rails do sound cool.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ke2 View Post
Or he could just get a Seymour Duncan Hot rails.
Best SC-sized pickup I played. Lots of balls, and no modification required smile.gif
I have never liked the look of hot rails, I'd got the humbucker route personally. But we all have different tastes! Rails do sound cool.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by the_gunslinger

View Post

Doesn't really matter, I highly doubt you'd hear any difference with either spacing, but if you want the poles to line up with the strings then you want the TB-4.

this.. the TB-4 will look better if you look closely but it really doesn't matter.

and btw, I have a JB Sh-4 for sale, if you're interested biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by the_gunslinger

View Post

Doesn't really matter, I highly doubt you'd hear any difference with either spacing, but if you want the poles to line up with the strings then you want the TB-4.

this.. the TB-4 will look better if you look closely but it really doesn't matter.

and btw, I have a JB Sh-4 for sale, if you're interested biggrin.gif

Archived