converting to a p90

chip39

• Members

A forumite "soulsurfer" GAVE me out of the kindess of his heart a P90 to try out in my Les Paul Deluxe. It has that PCB board which seems like it would make it easier to swap seeing as all I have to do is splice the new wires to the connecter. But the p90 only has one wire coming from it. I assume it is the hot and the metal shielding is the ground so I think I am going to try to splice it all together somehow.

How do I get this:

F2DE675B-orig.jpg

into this:

AEDAE533-orig.jpg

Any suggestions?

And again thank you soulsurfer you da best

• Members

hey can we see the front of that geetar . IIRC Green is ground and black is hot , perhaps you can push back that ground braid and solder a wire onto that . If you cut the other pickup off that connector , leave enough wire to solder onto .

• Members

hey can we see the front of that geetar . IIRC Green is ground and black is hot , perhaps you can push back that ground braid and solder a wire onto that . If you cut the other pickup off that connector , leave enough wire to solder onto .

• Members

if it were mine I'd yank the PCB and put in a Jonesyblues 50s kit or somesuch . There are many mini's or P90's to choose from so eventually you get'r dialed in . Not that the PCB is a bad thing , IIRC it has Bourns pots , which I like and use but I like oldschool better .

• Members

if it were mine I'd yank the PCB and put in a Jonesyblues 50s kit or somesuch . There are many mini's or P90's to choose from so eventually you get'r dialed in . Not that the PCB is a bad thing , IIRC it has Bourns pots , which I like and use but I like oldschool better .

• Members

i thought that initially and it seems like that's everybody's advice. But it was pretty damn easy changing that pickup and if had the connnecter on it to begin with it would have been instantaneous. What's the beef with the circuit board? I'll be the first one throwing it under the bus if it goes out but it seems fine.

• Members

i thought that initially and it seems like that's everybody's advice. But it was pretty damn easy changing that pickup and if had the connnecter on it to begin with it would have been instantaneous. What's the beef with the circuit board? I'll be the first one throwing it under the bus if it goes out but it seems fine.

Archived