Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the consensus on Peavey guitar cabs?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyace
    View Post

this seems to be a sweet deal, in my area, but I have no need for a 4x12

http://lynchburg.craigslist.org/msg/3468071029.html

Randall use to make the XL line that I always thought would be sweet! There G3 series are supposed to be built to the same specs as the older XL, but they don't have a 2x12 version... There new RV line says that it uses a birch plywood baffle and an MDF back... I don't think I want that... If I could find one of the older 2x12 Randalls for a decent price, I would be totally interested!

Cole
    Amps
    Marshall JCM900 2500 MkIII
    Egnater Tweaker 15
    TRM Guitarcabs Wide Ported 1x12 (Fane Medusa 150)

Pedals
    Korg Pitchblack+
    Ibanez Weeping Demon Jr.
    Pro Tone Thruster
    Monte Allums GT Mod SD-1
    ISP Decimator (Loop)
    MXR 6 Band EQ (Loop)
    Hermida Reverb (Loop)
    Visual Sound V3 Single Tap Delay (Loop)
    Carl Martin Octaswitch
    Powered by Voodoo Labs & T-Rex

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyace
      View Post

this seems to be a sweet deal, in my area, but I have no need for a 4x12

http://lynchburg.craigslist.org/msg/3468071029.html

Randall use to make the XL line that I always thought would be sweet! There G3 series are supposed to be built to the same specs as the older XL, but they don't have a 2x12 version... There new RV line says that it uses a birch plywood baffle and an MDF back... I don't think I want that... If I could find one of the older 2x12 Randalls for a decent price, I would be totally interested!

Cole
      Amps
      Marshall JCM900 2500 MkIII
      Egnater Tweaker 15
      TRM Guitarcabs Wide Ported 1x12 (Fane Medusa 150)

Pedals
      Korg Pitchblack+
      Ibanez Weeping Demon Jr.
      Pro Tone Thruster
      Monte Allums GT Mod SD-1
      ISP Decimator (Loop)
      MXR 6 Band EQ (Loop)
      Hermida Reverb (Loop)
      Visual Sound V3 Single Tap Delay (Loop)
      Carl Martin Octaswitch
      Powered by Voodoo Labs & T-Rex

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by colejustesen
        View Post

Does Peavey make other 2x12 cabs?

They made an XXL 2x12 for a while.
        Originally Posted by diddlybo

Just last week I went to the local GC with my 18 inch cock to buy several guitars and amps. On the way out I punched a hole clean thru the body of a MIM Tele, which caused the entire store to give me a standing ovation.

Originally Posted by ShaneV2

I play gay through the amp- it involves plugging into the amp's output jack. Sometimes you end up blowing a tranny though.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by colejustesen
          View Post

Does Peavey make other 2x12 cabs?

They made an XXL 2x12 for a while.
          Originally Posted by diddlybo

Just last week I went to the local GC with my 18 inch cock to buy several guitars and amps. On the way out I punched a hole clean thru the body of a MIM Tele, which caused the entire store to give me a standing ovation.

Originally Posted by ShaneV2

I play gay through the amp- it involves plugging into the amp's output jack. Sometimes you end up blowing a tranny though.

Comment

They have sucked 30 years and counting ... u asked.
            I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

Comment

I endorse Laura & Valve Queen tubes, you should too.Marshall, Gibson, Fender, Charvel/Jackson."I'm happy to pay my tech $40 bucks to take the Zap for me."One kick-butt deal with johnpace2 Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS is a genius.After the Firebird X, i'm quite convinced Henry Juszkiewicz is crazy.Member of the JMP Hall of Fame.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by midnightlaundry
                View Post

No ****************ing way. And you'll never find anything Mesa for $200.

This. I dont think Ive ever seen a mesa 212 for 200 bucks.

The XXX cabs are pretty rare. Ive only ever seen one for sale. Id love to have one. Peavey cabs are built well enough. I played live with 3 different ones loaded with various speakers. The sheffields are meh, but they arent as bad as every one says they are. Raceu4her has a huge rage boner against peavey cabs lol, so Id take his opinion with a grain of salt. But yeah....I was ALWAYS able to get excellent tone out of my peavey cabs. Also, I dunno what the XXX 212 cab is made of, but the 5150 cabs were all ply, with the back on the newer ones being MDF or something...the older butcher cabs were ALL ply.
                Peavey ESP DiMarzio

I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!

Good Transactions

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by midnightlaundry
                  View Post

No ****************ing way. And you'll never find anything Mesa for $200.

This. I dont think Ive ever seen a mesa 212 for 200 bucks.

The XXX cabs are pretty rare. Ive only ever seen one for sale. Id love to have one. Peavey cabs are built well enough. I played live with 3 different ones loaded with various speakers. The sheffields are meh, but they arent as bad as every one says they are. Raceu4her has a huge rage boner against peavey cabs lol, so Id take his opinion with a grain of salt. But yeah....I was ALWAYS able to get excellent tone out of my peavey cabs. Also, I dunno what the XXX 212 cab is made of, but the 5150 cabs were all ply, with the back on the newer ones being MDF or something...the older butcher cabs were ALL ply.
                  Peavey ESP DiMarzio

I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!

Good Transactions

Comment

The old vintage butcher cabs are some of my favorite cabs. Thick ass 13 ply with Celestion 85's in them which are basically K100's. They sound great and are tanks they're just ugly.

My first cabinet ever was an oversized vintage Peavey 4x12 that was ported. It was very tall and very heavy but it always sounded great.

Their newer cabs sound like dog**************** to me but those particular cabs always sound good.
                    http://www.facebook.com/thegloriousrebellion
                    http://thegloriousrebellion.bandcamp.com

Comment

The old vintage butcher cabs are some of my favorite cabs. Thick ass 13 ply with Celestion 85's in them which are basically K100's. They sound great and are tanks they're just ugly.

My first cabinet ever was an oversized vintage Peavey 4x12 that was ported. It was very tall and very heavy but it always sounded great.

Their newer cabs sound like dog**************** to me but those particular cabs always sound good.
                      http://www.facebook.com/thegloriousrebellion
                      http://thegloriousrebellion.bandcamp.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRaf
                        View Post

Raceu4her has a huge rage boner against peavey cabs lol, so Id take his opinion with a grain of salt.

i think most people agree with me. how many people do you actually see using the peavey cabs with their 5150/xxx/jsx??? out of the 9824398 bands ive seen using those heads, i cant remember the last time i saw someone using one with a peavey cab, nor can i remember seeing a marshall or mesa on top a peavey cab my sheffield cab was on the level of low end crate and marshall cabs except it looked a lot cooler. you dont realize what a joke they are till you have one with 5 or 6 other cabs at your jam space to compare them with. with all the options for cabs, why someone would go with a peavey is beyond me

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRaf
                          View Post

Raceu4her has a huge rage boner against peavey cabs lol, so Id take his opinion with a grain of salt.

i think most people agree with me. how many people do you actually see using the peavey cabs with their 5150/xxx/jsx??? out of the 9824398 bands ive seen using those heads, i cant remember the last time i saw someone using one with a peavey cab, nor can i remember seeing a marshall or mesa on top a peavey cab my sheffield cab was on the level of low end crate and marshall cabs except it looked a lot cooler. you dont realize what a joke they are till you have one with 5 or 6 other cabs at your jam space to compare them with. with all the options for cabs, why someone would go with a peavey is beyond me

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by charveldan
                            View Post

I love you Dan, but honestly, when was the last time you ever played out with a band? Serious.

You can post all the Friedman-related threads as much as you want, but the fact that you haven't really played out with this rig of yours invalidates all this ****************-talking you have against anything that isn't a Gibson or a Marshall.

Again, love ya bro.
                            Find me and the rest of the guise here: www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by charveldan
                              View Post

I love you Dan, but honestly, when was the last time you ever played out with a band? Serious.

You can post all the Friedman-related threads as much as you want, but the fact that you haven't really played out with this rig of yours invalidates all this ****************-talking you have against anything that isn't a Gibson or a Marshall.

Again, love ya bro.
                              Find me and the rest of the guise here: www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

Er...it's a Triple XXX...2x12...cab??? I didn't know such a thing existed. Just to clarify, not a combo, but a cab?

Peavey cabs are built great. Most of their speakers are kinda meh. Depends on the application, you might like them for certain stuff (I actually ended up keeping my windsor 4x12 and find it great for low to mid gain stuff, different speakers in that though) - sheffields can be hit or miss, and there are a lot of different sheffields. I forget the guy's username but that guy from Maine did a blind speaker comparison and people ended up liking certain sheffields more than you would've expected.

The cabs themselves are well built. But if it's a 2x12 cab, I'd say 200 bucks is kinda high. You should be able to score a loaded 4x12 peavey for that much.
                                GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

Originally Posted by Ovid9

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

How did you fap in a room like that?

Proud owner of the first NAD of the new HC

Comment

Working...
                                X