No announcement yet.

is iis it safe to run only two power tubes in vc3112

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is iis it safe to run only two power tubes in vc3112

I was wondering if it is safe. I really want to chase down a bad tube or just lower output a bit. I understand you need to change ohms but would 8 ohms go to 16 or 4ohms? The crate is cathod bias i believe if that makes a dofference.
    proud member EPIPHONE EMPIRE
    --Epiphone Elitist les paul plain top with Kahler, Planet waves locking tuners.
    --Carvin ls175 kahler steeler dimarzio pro track, carvin ap11, tobe zone s
    --traynor ycv50 blue

You would go from 8 to 4, but if it is safe with your exact amp, I don't know.
    Knut E Evenmo before the great update

Comment

You would go from 8 to 4, but if it is safe with your exact amp, I don't know.
      Knut E Evenmo before the great update

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by vexed73
        View Post

I was wondering if it is safe. I really want to chase down a bad tube or just lower output a bit. I understand you need to change ohms but would 8 ohms go to 16 or 4ohms? The crate is cathod bias i believe if that makes a dofference.

you could try e-mailing Obeid @Reason Amps and see if he is interested in responding.
        tlbonehead@yahoo.com
        www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
        -For Sale:
        -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
        -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
        - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
        - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
        - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by vexed73
          View Post

you could try e-mailing Obeid @Reason Amps and see if he is interested in responding.
          tlbonehead@yahoo.com
          www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
          -For Sale:
          -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
          -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
          - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
          - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
          - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

I'm pretty sure those are cathode biased so no.

Comment

I'm pretty sure those are cathode biased so no.

Comment

Thanks was afraod of that.
                proud member EPIPHONE EMPIRE
                --Epiphone Elitist les paul plain top with Kahler, Planet waves locking tuners.
                --Carvin ls175 kahler steeler dimarzio pro track, carvin ap11, tobe zone s
                --traynor ycv50 blue

Comment

Working...
                X