Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: So my other OCD hobby, gunsmithing... (Epic 1911 .45 build pix)

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: So my other OCD hobby, gunsmithing... (Epic 1911 .45 build pix)

I think I started another thread a while back showing the various things I've been doing to this pistol...

Picked it up from Jesse (Ceriakote guy) today. Gotta decide what I want to do for sights.

I'm really happy with the color (Graphite Black) This is going to be a carry gun and it'll get banged around so I wanted a nice long wearing finish that looked great and the Ceriakote should fit the bill nicely. The company who developed Ceriakote is local and the guy who coated this used to be their head coater when they did jobs in house.

Here's the crappy cellphone pix... I'll shoot some better ones later with my DSLR

More in a sec...

• chevybusa
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by madryan
    View Post

You'll love this pic I did up last night then...

BWAHAHAH **************** yeah man that is genius!!! I love it!!!!

Leave a comment:

• chevybusa
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by madryan
    View Post

BWAHAHAH **************** yeah man that is genius!!! I love it!!!!

Leave a comment:

• madryan
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by chevybusa
    View Post

HOO RAH leatherneck!!! ****************ing A man that is ****************ing MINT!!! Very cool man congrats. I've always wanted a 1911 .45, ESPECIALLY something like you've got, unfortunately I just can't ****************ing afford it, it really ****************ing sucks, I could've snagged one years and years ago back when I was actually making good money and guns were so much ****************ing cheaper, I've been kicking myself ever since...

Leave a comment:

• madryan
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by chevybusa
    View Post

HOO RAH leatherneck!!! ****************ing A man that is ****************ing MINT!!! Very cool man congrats. I've always wanted a 1911 .45, ESPECIALLY something like you've got, unfortunately I just can't ****************ing afford it, it really ****************ing sucks, I could've snagged one years and years ago back when I was actually making good money and guns were so much ****************ing cheaper, I've been kicking myself ever since...

Leave a comment:

• syscrusher
    replied
    That turned out pretty sweet looking, I like the rounded sides.

I want one of these to screw around with. Might go for the J-22 just because it's dirt cheap, won't kill my pocket. Not scared to ruin it if a mod goes bad. The others are not much less than a 1911.

Leave a comment:

• syscrusher
    replied
    That turned out pretty sweet looking, I like the rounded sides.

I want one of these to screw around with. Might go for the J-22 just because it's dirt cheap, won't kill my pocket. Not scared to ruin it if a mod goes bad. The others are not much less than a 1911.

Leave a comment:

• Soundstorm
    replied
    Love these 1911s in this thread. All of them. I have no handgun at the moment and have been planning on a Beretta M9 for awhile. I'd love to own a Springfield or Colt 1911 some day

Leave a comment:

• Soundstorm
    replied
    Love these 1911s in this thread. All of them. I have no handgun at the moment and have been planning on a Beretta M9 for awhile. I'd love to own a Springfield or Colt 1911 some day

Leave a comment:

• chevybusa
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chevybusa
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Viesczy
    replied
    Okay, now up the ante and get some cross over barrels and such. C'mon.

40 Super.

460 Roland.

450 SMC.

45 Super.

38 Cassull.

C'mon, what fun is having a gun with only one barrel? That like having sechs missionary style with the lights off.

Derek

BTW Fine work there!

Leave a comment:

• Viesczy
    replied
    Okay, now up the ante and get some cross over barrels and such. C'mon.

40 Super.

460 Roland.

450 SMC.

45 Super.

38 Cassull.

C'mon, what fun is having a gun with only one barrel? That like having sechs missionary style with the lights off.

Derek

BTW Fine work there!

Leave a comment:

• Y0UNGBL00D
    replied
    My brother does slide to frame fits up at sti now. Awesome work!

Leave a comment:

• Y0UNGBL00D
    replied
    My brother does slide to frame fits up at sti now. Awesome work!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X