Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have decided to rebuild the preamp on my Mortar - to a Mark.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just looking where I can get some perfboard with pads on it.. I'm doing the EQ on a separate board. I'm using regular pots, not sliders. I'm also looking into doing DC heaters for the first preamp valve..
    Everyone's Here -> GUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD .COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPB OARD.COM

Comment

I'm just looking where I can get some perfboard with pads on it.. I'm doing the EQ on a separate board. I'm using regular pots, not sliders. I'm also looking into doing DC heaters for the first preamp valve..
      Everyone's Here -> GUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD .COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPBOARD.COMGUITARAMPB OARD.COM

Comment

I've been contemplating something similar: doing a Mark IIC+ based build with gyrator-based graphic EQ. I only want to do the preamp, though. That would be similar to what Bancika did here: http://diy-fever.com/amps/mesa-mark-iic-pcb/. However, he left the EQ off, so that he could use a pedal-based graphic EQ. My build is on hold until I can get farther along on my 1U 6V6 rack poweramp to run it through.

As far as the perfboard, you could try etching your own PCBs. I've been toying with that a bit, and it's been coming out fine.

Jackson JDR-94 Dinky 1994
        Jackson SLSMG Soloist 2004
        Jackson DKMGT Dinky 2007
        Peerless Manhattan 2008
        Jackson SLSXMG Soloist 2012
        ---
        Peavey 5150 212 combo
        Mesa Trem-o-verb head + Avatar Contemporary 212 w/ V30's
        assorted home-brew amps
        ---
        MySpace
        Soundclick

Comment

I've been contemplating something similar: doing a Mark IIC+ based build with gyrator-based graphic EQ. I only want to do the preamp, though. That would be similar to what Bancika did here: http://diy-fever.com/amps/mesa-mark-iic-pcb/. However, he left the EQ off, so that he could use a pedal-based graphic EQ. My build is on hold until I can get farther along on my 1U 6V6 rack poweramp to run it through.

As far as the perfboard, you could try etching your own PCBs. I've been toying with that a bit, and it's been coming out fine.

Jackson DKMGT Dinky 2007
          Peerless Manhattan 2008
          ---
          Peavey 5150 212 combo
          assorted home-brew amps
          ---
          MySpace
          Soundclick

Comment

Wow looks nice man, how do you etch it like that?

Comment

Wow looks nice man, how do you etch it like that?

Comment

It's called the toner transfer method. There are a few ways to go about it. The short of it is to print the image of the traces with a laser printer on magazine paper. Iron the printout onto copper-clad garolite. Soak the garolite in a mixture of 2-parts hydrogen peroxide and 1-part muriatic acid. That will eat off the copper that's not covered by the toner. Google can give you more details.
                Jackson DKMGT Dinky 2007
                Peerless Manhattan 2008
                ---
                Peavey 5150 212 combo
                assorted home-brew amps
                ---
                MySpace
                Soundclick

Comment

It's called the toner transfer method. There are a few ways to go about it. The short of it is to print the image of the traces with a laser printer on magazine paper. Iron the printout onto copper-clad garolite. Soak the garolite in a mixture of 2-parts hydrogen peroxide and 1-part muriatic acid. That will eat off the copper that's not covered by the toner. Google can give you more details.
                  Jackson DKMGT Dinky 2007
                  Peerless Manhattan 2008
                  ---
                  Peavey 5150 212 combo
                  assorted home-brew amps
                  ---
                  MySpace
                  Soundclick