Goldeneye, the movie

Cougar Hunter

• Members

I must have been the exact, perfect age when this came out. It's still my favorite bond film.

I thought Natalya was about as good as it gets for a "Bond Girl" character. She was smart, independent, underestimated, strong, and a hot piece of ass.

Xenia was an awesome female Bond villain. Evil to the core, and sex-crazed to the core. Hot as hell as well.

Sean Bean was a great villain, since he is Bond's equal.

The comic relief/seriousness ratio was perfect. Judy Densch, Robby Coltrain, Minnie Driver, Joe Don Baker, and Alan Cumming, etc.

The music was awesome. FWIW, I didn't know who Eric Serra was until 5 minutes ago. His "Experience of Love" song during the credits was meant for Leon. Interesting.

The song, btw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TkoYnCIG80

I also didn't know Bono and the Edge wrote the title theme sung by Tina Turner.

Great, great movie. I love Sean Connery and Daniel Craig, but I thought Goldeneye was a superior film overall to most of the other offerings. Pierce Brosnan was born to play Bond. Not that the other guys aren't, however.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pierce Brosnan was the best Bond ever. Closely followed by Sean Connery. Too bad, apart from Goldeneye and The World is Not Enough (to a certain extent), the writers on the rest of his movies sucked balls.

*cough dieanotherday cough*

Famke Jensen was, and still is, hot as {censored}.

• Members

Pierce Brosnan was the best Bond ever. Closely followed by Sean Connery. Too bad, apart from Goldeneye and The World is Not Enough (to a certain extent), the writers on the rest of his movies sucked balls.

*cough dieanotherday cough*

Famke Jensen was, and still is, hot as {censored}.

• Members

I think it's the most fun Bond film. The Craig ones are gritty and realistic, the Connery and Dalton era stuff is darker in tone. Brosnan was over-the-top as bond, the fun cartoon Bond.

The problem with the rest of the Brosnan movies is that they didn't understand the over-the-top thing. They went big and dumb without having a handle on how to do big and dumb in a fun way. Kind of like how Quantum of Solace stumbled on how to handle Craig's Bond. But Goldeneye got the right ingredients. And, c'mon, Famke Janssen is a stone-cold fox.

Also, we all {censored}ing know know The Thomas Crown Affair was a Bond movie, and need to stop pretending it's not. It's exactly what his Bond would do between blowing things up in Madagascar or escaping a skyscraper by zip-line in Manilla. It's not Rene Russo's fault she misread his capsizing a catamaran as an act of boredom, not espionage... because Bond is a secret {censored}ing agent, you know? I stand by that, and it's maybe my fifth favorite Bond film. Also, Rene Russo was a stone-cold fox in this one. Dat dress.

• Members

I think it's the most fun Bond film. The Craig ones are gritty and realistic, the Connery and Dalton era stuff is darker in tone. Brosnan was over-the-top as bond, the fun cartoon Bond.

The problem with the rest of the Brosnan movies is that they didn't understand the over-the-top thing. They went big and dumb without having a handle on how to do big and dumb in a fun way. Kind of like how Quantum of Solace stumbled on how to handle Craig's Bond. But Goldeneye got the right ingredients. And, c'mon, Famke Janssen is a stone-cold fox.

Also, we all {censored}ing know know The Thomas Crown Affair was a Bond movie, and need to stop pretending it's not. It's exactly what his Bond would do between blowing things up in Madagascar or escaping a skyscraper by zip-line in Manilla. It's not Rene Russo's fault she misread his capsizing a catamaran as an act of boredom, not espionage... because Bond is a secret {censored}ing agent, you know? I stand by that, and it's maybe my fifth favorite Bond film. Also, Rene Russo was a stone-cold fox in this one. Dat dress.

• Members

Interesting comment Brendan. I wonder if Pierce tends to be somewhat type cast...playing Bond in whatever he does to a certain extent. After the Sunset is a kind of 'Retired Bond'....'Tailor of Panama' is a 'bored Bond assigned to a boring place'...then there is that contract killer movie...and the 4th Protocol..'A Soviet Bond'.

• Members

Interesting comment Brendan. I wonder if Pierce tends to be somewhat type cast...playing Bond in whatever he does to a certain extent. After the Sunset is a kind of 'Retired Bond'....'Tailor of Panama' is a 'bored Bond assigned to a boring place'...then there is that contract killer movie...and the 4th Protocol..'A Soviet Bond'.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sillypeoples

View Post

Remington Steel was kind of like bond IIRC.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sillypeoples

View Post

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BrendanO View Post

Also, we all fucking know know The Thomas Crown Affair was a Bond movie, and need to stop pretending it's not. It's exactly what his Bond would do between blowing things up in Madagascar or escaping a skyscraper by zip-line in Manilla. It's not Rene Russo's fault she misread his capsizing a catamaran as an act of boredom, not espionage... because Bond is a secret fucking agent, you know? I stand by that, and it's maybe my fifth favorite Bond film. Also, Rene Russo was a stone-cold fox in this one. Dat dress.
All the women talked about was that red hair color Rene Russo had. I think she was really gorgeous in that movie and hasn't been since.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter View Post
I think that's why he got the Bond gig. icon_lol.gif

Stephanie Zimbalist. love.gif

Remington_Steele_017.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BrendanO View Post

Also, we all fucking know know The Thomas Crown Affair was a Bond movie, and need to stop pretending it's not. It's exactly what his Bond would do between blowing things up in Madagascar or escaping a skyscraper by zip-line in Manilla. It's not Rene Russo's fault she misread his capsizing a catamaran as an act of boredom, not espionage... because Bond is a secret fucking agent, you know? I stand by that, and it's maybe my fifth favorite Bond film. Also, Rene Russo was a stone-cold fox in this one. Dat dress.
All the women talked about was that red hair color Rene Russo had. I think she was really gorgeous in that movie and hasn't been since.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter View Post
I think that's why he got the Bond gig. icon_lol.gif

Stephanie Zimbalist. love.gif

Remington_Steele_017.jpg

Archived