NPD Bareknuckle content within!

lealand987

• Members

so i got a bareknuckle piledriver for my tele from my brother and his wife for christmas and had a chance to install it tonight

before:
XUnUHl.jpg

after:
XUnUHl.jpg

jk those are the same picture but the pickup looks exactly like the stock one anyways blah.gif

so far it sounds AWESOME
really really impressed with the humbucker type character this thing puts out while still maintaining clarity and really convincing tele clean sounds(with the volume knob down a bit)

decided to compare it to the 498t in my melody maker and the results were spooky:

https://soundcloud.com/lealand-david...-bk-piledriver

the similarity is just uncanny
the piledriver has a bit more top end sizzle to my ears but yeah just that quick practice amp/cellphone clip nicely illustrates the flavour of this pickup

inb4 geeks flame for changing a PURFECT INSTRUMENT OMG U DEFILER

sounds awesome to me / BKP lives up to the hype IMHO

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by madryan View Post
I think lots of folks try them but don't get the right pup matched to the right guitar. When you do get the right pup matched up to the right guitar they're worth every penny and more.

Stellar pickups.
I would have said that's true of any pickup, isn't it? I've had good results with recommendations from BK, Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio. Near enough each time they were spot on.

I've had a couple of BKs now. The ones that everyone told me to get, the Warpigs, I absolutely hated. I couldn't find any one of my guitars that they didn't turn into a big muddy swampfest. The Nailbombs though were just grand! I have a set in my V and I think my LP will be getting the same treatment. There's just so much meat to the higher strings it's rather pleasureable.

But, I still maintain that EMGs are my go-to pickup!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by madryan View Post
I think lots of folks try them but don't get the right pup matched to the right guitar. When you do get the right pup matched up to the right guitar they're worth every penny and more.

Stellar pickups.
I would have said that's true of any pickup, isn't it? I've had good results with recommendations from BK, Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio. Near enough each time they were spot on.

I've had a couple of BKs now. The ones that everyone told me to get, the Warpigs, I absolutely hated. I couldn't find any one of my guitars that they didn't turn into a big muddy swampfest. The Nailbombs though were just grand! I have a set in my V and I think my LP will be getting the same treatment. There's just so much meat to the higher strings it's rather pleasureable.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by satannica View Post

Funny that, EMGs are probably the most hated pickups and yet the most used pickups around. For high gain rhythm, I swear by an EMG-85 in the bridge position, just delivers every time.

O/T I have yet to try Bareknuckles, I may yet try some in my Steinberger. The SD Livewires just don't do it for me, especially the neck pickup. I am currently undecided whether to get Bareknuckles or Lace Alumitones

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by satannica View Post

Funny that, EMGs are probably the most hated pickups and yet the most used pickups around. For high gain rhythm, I swear by an EMG-85 in the bridge position, just delivers every time.

O/T I have yet to try Bareknuckles, I may yet try some in my Steinberger. The SD Livewires just don't do it for me, especially the neck pickup. I am currently undecided whether to get Bareknuckles or Lace Alumitones

Archived