Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home Theater: What do you have, and do you like it?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by RSBro
    View Post

yeah i'm kinda onboard with this- if i get some new floorstanding speaks i'm just going to put my current ones in my bedroom and get a decent amp or whatnot to run them with. i finally got rid of the TV in my bedroom so i'd like to have something other than my clock radio in there

and get some vinyl and a deck man you'll think you've been reborn in heaven
    Marshall JCM800 2205
    Marshall JMP 2203
    Line 6 DT25 Combo
    Blackstar HT40
    HD147
    POD HD500

Checkerboard Marshall 4x12 (Blackbacks)
    Mesa 1x12 3/4

2007 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Suhr Aldrich's)
    Edwards Les Paul Custom (JB/59)
    Ibanez 570EX (BK Cold Sweats)
    Yamaha APX700ii

Knight Of The Marshall Circle Of Tone

Comment

Lol, I have a big fat ass (non flat) Sony 32" HD TV, a Sony 7.1 receiver, and Kenwood speakers from an old Kenwood 5.1 system that I bought in 1999 for like $500.00.

For what I do, I still like it. I RARELY get to watch movies, and even if so, it's without much volume, so, I don't need a lot.

My keyboard player is about to give me his old 51" Plasma TV, so, I'm excited about that.
      PRS, Godin, Carvin, & Ibanez guitars
      Digitech GSP1101/Control 2
      Sennheiser G2 in-ear system

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

For real. Anomaly shreds not only his balls off, but the balls off two out of every five children born after 1992.

Band
      YouTube
      Facebook

Transactions with: OceansBetweenUs, eagertokill, rbasaria, outkastin2g, jonny_toetags, Findthetone, chriscnb, and CAC

Comment

Lol, I have a big fat ass (non flat) Sony 32" HD TV, a Sony 7.1 receiver, and Kenwood speakers from an old Kenwood 5.1 system that I bought in 1999 for like $500.00.

For what I do, I still like it. I RARELY get to watch movies, and even if so, it's without much volume, so, I don't need a lot.

My keyboard player is about to give me his old 51" Plasma TV, so, I'm excited about that.

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

For real. Anomaly shreds not only his balls off, but the balls off two out of every five children born after 1992.

Band
        YouTube
        Facebook

Transactions with: OceansBetweenUs, eagertokill, rbasaria, outkastin2g, jonny_toetags, Findthetone, chriscnb, and CAC

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Oops-A-Paisley
          View Post

my drumtard got a pretty slick LP deck from his gal that i helped pick out for christmas. he loves it.
          #NoLimitCornballBrother

BRO CLUB: RSBro

Originally Posted by Phrophus

Look man, if RSBro is telling you not to give in to the pimp side and keep it rational, I'd listen.

Originally Posted by Holy War

I thought you were black for some reason...

Originally Posted by Murdoch

Not to be a dick, but you're a pretentious douche, and a closet Periphery fan.

Originally Posted by jnurp

im in nyc, you are in texas, will a long distance relationship work?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Oops-A-Paisley
            View Post

my drumtard got a pretty slick LP deck from his gal that i helped pick out for christmas. he loves it.
            #NoLimitCornballBrother

Look man, if RSBro is telling you not to give in to the pimp side and keep it rational, I'd listen.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by The Anomaly
              View Post

lol i had that same Kenwood "HTIAB" setup too those speaks were so nasty sounding and i blew out a few of them IIRC.
              #NoLimitCornballBrother

Comment

View Post

lol i had that same Kenwood "HTIAB" setup too those speaks were so nasty sounding and i blew out a few of them IIRC.
                #NoLimitCornballBrother

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.novak
                  View Post

Only a bigger picture. They can be a pain unless you have a dedicated movie room. They suck if you have light in the room. They can be noisy. You still need a screen to get the best out of them. The bulbs are expensive when they blow and are not covered by guarantee.

We recently tried a new traditional projector and a LED one side by side. The regular one had better colors but with calibration the LED would probably be pretty close. The downside is that good LED projectors are still rather expensive.

Me, I just rely on my 50" Panasonic plasma. For audio I have a midrange Denon receiver and a pair of Magnat Quantum 503 speakers (inexpensive but really nice sounding) and a BK Electronic XLS200 subwoofer.
                  "Walking the fine line between bacon and Christian."

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.novak
                    View Post

Only a bigger picture. They can be a pain unless you have a dedicated movie room. They suck if you have light in the room. They can be noisy. You still need a screen to get the best out of them. The bulbs are expensive when they blow and are not covered by guarantee.

We recently tried a new traditional projector and a LED one side by side. The regular one had better colors but with calibration the LED would probably be pretty close. The downside is that good LED projectors are still rather expensive.

Me, I just rely on my 50" Panasonic plasma. For audio I have a midrange Denon receiver and a pair of Magnat Quantum 503 speakers (inexpensive but really nice sounding) and a BK Electronic XLS200 subwoofer.
                    "Walking the fine line between bacon and Christian."

Comment

I run a 250watt Rogers sub (250watts seems small but this thing will smash windows) and a pair of old studiocraft monitors into a pioneer AV receiver.
                      amps
                      Engl fireball
                      ht-20 combo
                      blackstar HT-5
                      Peavey Classic 50H
                      Baez 100 something
                      cabs
                      engl slant (V30 one)
                      marshall 1960a
                      classic 4x12 tweed
                      E-tone 1x12
                      Baez 4x12
                      guitars
                      Shecter Blackjack 08
                      Schecter Classic Blue
                      Schecter Elite vintage white
                      LTD M-302 natural finish
                      my vids of shred
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/gtjumper

Comment

I run a 250watt Rogers sub (250watts seems small but this thing will smash windows) and a pair of old studiocraft monitors into a pioneer AV receiver.
                        amps
                        Engl fireball
                        ht-20 combo
                        blackstar HT-5
                        Peavey Classic 50H
                        Baez 100 something
                        cabs
                        engl slant (V30 one)
                        marshall 1960a
                        classic 4x12 tweed
                        E-tone 1x12
                        Baez 4x12
                        guitars
                        Shecter Blackjack 08
                        Schecter Classic Blue
                        Schecter Elite vintage white
                        LTD M-302 natural finish
                        my vids of shred
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/gtjumper

Comment

View Post

Lol, what is HTIAB?

My jaunt was a floor model from Circuit City

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

Band
                          YouTube
                          Facebook

Comment

View Post

Lol, what is HTIAB?

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

Band
                            YouTube
                            Facebook

Comment

View Post

Lol, what is HTIAB?

HomeTheaterInABox (usually referred to as/pronounced H-TIB) = receiver, sub, satellite speakers, maybe DVD player. Typically just an entry level setup that has everything you need to get surround on the cheap without worrying about what components to buy. Some aren't bad at all.
                              Jet City EarhartJet City JCA100H -> Avatar 2x12 -> Celestion LynchbacksPRS SE 245Sterling AX40FOR SALEBuy/sell/trade referencesMy primary band page (Seventh Day)My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)Proud member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

View Post

Lol, what is HTIAB?

HomeTheaterInABox (usually referred to as/pronounced H-TIB) = receiver, sub, satellite speakers, maybe DVD player. Typically just an entry level setup that has everything you need to get surround on the cheap without worrying about what components to buy. Some aren't bad at all.
                                Jet City EarhartJet City JCA100H -> Avatar 2x12 -> Celestion LynchbacksPRS SE 245Sterling AX40FOR SALEBuy/sell/trade referencesMy primary band page (Seventh Day)My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)Proud member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

Working...
                                X