CyberPower PC Black Pearl I am considering buying

kooter82

• Members

I just configed this computer....
blu_400.jpg

CAS: * Azza Genesis 9000 Full Tower Gaming Case w/ 2 x 230mm fans, 4x Easy Swap HDD, Dual Power Supply Support, & front USB 3.0 Port (White Color [+0])
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CPU: Intel

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't think you need a 2011 board for gaming, or 32gb of ram, and the Z506 is a {censored}-tastic 5.1 system (I own one and there's hella cross-talk between the channels), but it looks like a killer rig. I'd probably go with an 1155 mobo and an i5 3570k, 16gb of RAM, and then get a second video card for CrossFire.

• Members

Don't think you need a 2011 board for gaming, or 32gb of ram, and the Z506 is a {censored}-tastic 5.1 system (I own one and there's hella cross-talk between the channels), but it looks like a killer rig. I'd probably go with an 1155 mobo and an i5 3570k, 16gb of RAM, and then get a second video card for CrossFire.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Reverend179 View Post
Don't think you need a 2011 board for gaming, or 32gb of ram, and the Z506 is a shit-tastic 5.1 system (I own one and there's hella cross-talk between the channels), but it looks like a killer rig. I'd probably go with an 1155 mobo and an i5 3570k, 16gb of RAM, and then get a second video card for CrossFire.

Thats with shipping too.

But can you say all that in English please again. lol

2011 board? Z506?

• Members
Don't think you need a 2011 board for gaming, or 32gb of ram, and the Z506 is a shit-tastic 5.1 system (I own one and there's hella cross-talk between the channels), but it looks like a killer rig. I'd probably go with an 1155 mobo and an i5 3570k, 16gb of RAM, and then get a second video card for CrossFire.

Thats with shipping too.

But can you say all that in English please again. lol

2011 board? Z506?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BerkleeBill View Post
I have a CyberPower from a few years ago. They promised a couple of things on the build they later reneged on, citing compatibility issues. But other than that, it's been a kick ass, rock solid box!!! Fuckin screams with anything you throw at it Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif
Yah, I used to have a siiiiick Alienware.

I've been considering Digital Storm, but then I heard about these guys....gawd damn, fuckin killer PC's for the money. I configed about the same computer on DS's site and it was like a grand more.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BerkleeBill View Post
I have a CyberPower from a few years ago. They promised a couple of things on the build they later reneged on, citing compatibility issues. But other than that, it's been a kick ass, rock solid box!!! Fuckin screams with anything you throw at it Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif
Yah, I used to have a siiiiick Alienware.

I've been considering Digital Storm, but then I heard about these guys....gawd damn, fuckin killer PC's for the money. I configed about the same computer on DS's site and it was like a grand more.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by marshallnoise View Post
Overkill on the whole thing. I agree with the Rev. 3570K, 8gb ram (or 16gb if you must), SSD primary & HDD secondary, 660 ti is more than enough, Coolermaster 212+, I am a fan of the Coolermaster Cosmos cases, decent powersupply about 750w. Build it yourself!
I know that its overkill, but every PC i do buy is always overkill. My alienware was WAYYYY ahead of its time and lasted me for 10 plus years without a hitch until a while back.

But why not go overkill? Wont it just be better in the long run?

• Members
Overkill on the whole thing. I agree with the Rev. 3570K, 8gb ram (or 16gb if you must), SSD primary & HDD secondary, 660 ti is more than enough, Coolermaster 212+, I am a fan of the Coolermaster Cosmos cases, decent powersupply about 750w. Build it yourself!
I know that its overkill, but every PC i do buy is always overkill. My alienware was WAYYYY ahead of its time and lasted me for 10 plus years without a hitch until a while back.

• Members
Reason I use 16gb is so I can run a RAMdisc with the last 8gb.

Kooter, what I mean is that the motherboard and processor you have selected are workstation quality- they support and do a lot of things that you'll never ever use unless you're doing programming or video editing. You're spending a lot of money on components you'll never ever ever use, when there are cheaper (yet still massively overkill) components out there that would let you put cash into other things that WILL net you a noticeable upgrade (second video card).

• Members

Kooter, what I mean is that the motherboard and processor you have selected are workstation quality- they support and do a lot of things that you'll never ever use unless you're doing programming or video editing. You're spending a lot of money on components you'll never ever ever use, when there are cheaper (yet still massively overkill) components out there that would let you put cash into other things that WILL net you a noticeable upgrade (second video card).

• Members

Its not gonna be just a gaming computer. I want to do video editing and once I get this computer, I am going to teach myself how to program and website build again. I used to have a site years ago, and have been out of the loop. I have a website idea (music related) that I want to pursue and I want the best of everything so I will get motivated and strap down to at least try to build the fuckin website. It's a killer idea, that I know everybody on here would use.

• Members

Its not gonna be just a gaming computer. I want to do video editing and once I get this computer, I am going to teach myself how to program and website build again. I used to have a site years ago, and have been out of the loop. I have a website idea (music related) that I want to pursue and I want the best of everything so I will get motivated and strap down to at least try to build the fuckin website. It's a killer idea, that I know everybody on here would use.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kooter82

View Post

Mmkay, most everything (and I really do mean most) you want to do could be done with a less expensive rig. If you've got the cash, that's a gnarly system and it'll serve you well. Almost anything will do website design nowadays.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kooter82

View Post

Mmkay, most everything (and I really do mean most) you want to do could be done with a less expensive rig. If you've got the cash, that's a gnarly system and it'll serve you well. Almost anything will do website design nowadays.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by kooter82 View Post

I think the biggest reason to not go crazy is that between the top of the line and a run of the mill system, there isn't much in it. If you can save a grand and have 95% of the performance, why waste the cash? I built my system based on the best prices I could find because I discovered that there hasn't been much advancement in the past 2 years or so. I built a system for a family member with the i5-2500 almost 2 years ago and I just built my i5-3570k system a couple of weeks ago. The performance (when not overclocked) is almost identical.

If you aren't super technical, then I understand having it built. But in this case, I think you are throwing money out there and just wasting it. Rev is right, go back to the 1155 based system and get a second graphics card. If you get an Asus board in there, FanControl2 works amazingly well.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by kooter82 View Post

I think the biggest reason to not go crazy is that between the top of the line and a run of the mill system, there isn't much in it. If you can save a grand and have 95% of the performance, why waste the cash? I built my system based on the best prices I could find because I discovered that there hasn't been much advancement in the past 2 years or so. I built a system for a family member with the i5-2500 almost 2 years ago and I just built my i5-3570k system a couple of weeks ago. The performance (when not overclocked) is almost identical.

If you aren't super technical, then I understand having it built. But in this case, I think you are throwing money out there and just wasting it. Rev is right, go back to the 1155 based system and get a second graphics card. If you get an Asus board in there, FanControl2 works amazingly well.

• Members

I'm about medium technical right now. lol

I understand where both of you are coming from.

If, hypothetically speaking, I asked you to build the system for me, what would the price you could build that exact system for? Do you think that I am getting seriously boned out of 1000 dollars for that rig? Why not get the top of the line stuff, if I can afford it? Isn't it just going to be that much more compatible in the future?

I'm looking ahead....not just whats suitable for now.

• Members

I'm about medium technical right now. lol

I understand where both of you are coming from.

If, hypothetically speaking, I asked you to build the system for me, what would the price you could build that exact system for? Do you think that I am getting seriously boned out of 1000 dollars for that rig? Why not get the top of the line stuff, if I can afford it? Isn't it just going to be that much more compatible in the future?

I'm looking ahead....not just whats suitable for now.

Archived