No announcement yet.

CyberPower PC Black Pearl I am considering buying

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. 32GB of RAM lol

2. That case is an abomination...but as long as you like it, go nuts.

3. Would not buy from CyberPower. They may be inexpensive, but I can't recall seeing a single person saying anything good about them. Source the parts and build it yourself if possible.
    VHT | Reeves | Fender

Good transactions

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend179
      View Post

I'd +1 on a Cosmos II if it's an option, it's a fantastic, sturdy, quiet case with tons of options. I'm in a HAF X right now and my next case will be a Cosmos II.

I have the original Cosmos and I see no reason to ever change cases...ever. It is built like a tank, quiet, easy to work on. Honestly, it is perfect.
      Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.

Great Transactions with: blima, draggboy, Pilot08, Elixirmm, Christobevii3, Sixtonoize (actually his friend)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend179
        View Post

I'd +1 on a Cosmos II if it's an option, it's a fantastic, sturdy, quiet case with tons of options. I'm in a HAF X right now and my next case will be a Cosmos II.

I have the original Cosmos and I see no reason to ever change cases...ever. It is built like a tank, quiet, easy to work on. Honestly, it is perfect.
        Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.

Great Transactions with: blima, draggboy, Pilot08, Elixirmm, Christobevii3, Sixtonoize (actually his friend)

Comment

I would stay away from Cyberpower. Had one of their laptops that had some issues and they were just horrible to deal with.
          PROLETARIAT

Originally Posted by Norton666

Man , Ive held off replying to any Klops threads because its kind of like the sweet , naive retarded kid down the street who is out putting in hours on his pogo stick every single night with dreams of someday going pro . You have to admire his ambition and determination , but at some point , he will realize he is retarded and there isnt a pro pogo stick league. I just dont wanna be the guy to tell him . Wait...............

Comment

I would stay away from Cyberpower. Had one of their laptops that had some issues and they were just horrible to deal with.
            PROLETARIAT

Originally Posted by Norton666

Man , Ive held off replying to any Klops threads because its kind of like the sweet , naive retarded kid down the street who is out putting in hours on his pogo stick every single night with dreams of someday going pro . You have to admire his ambition and determination , but at some point , he will realize he is retarded and there isnt a pro pogo stick league. I just dont wanna be the guy to tell him . Wait...............

Comment

I still don't really understand why anybody would spend the extra on an i7 when you can just buy one of the GOOD i5's
              GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

Originally Posted by Ovid9

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

How did you fap in a room like that?

Proud owner of the first NAD of the new HC

Comment

I still don't really understand why anybody would spend the extra on an i7 when you can just buy one of the GOOD i5's
                GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

Comment

money > sense

and at the Transformers case
                  If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

Comment

money > sense

and at the Transformers case
                    If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face...forever

Comment

If you like wasting money, go for it.
                      Main Rig:
                      LTD EC1000
                      Peavey 6505+
                      Mesa/Boogie Recto 2x12 with V30's
                      TC Nova System

FOR SALE:
                      Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.
                      M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Sound Card

Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

Comment

Main Rig:
                        LTD EC1000
                        Peavey 6505+
                        Mesa/Boogie Recto 2x12 with V30's
                        TC Nova System

FOR SALE:
                        Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.
                        M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Sound Card

Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven
                          View Post

Here's one simple example of how OP is paying too much:

The base video card for that model is the GTX 650, looking on Tiger Direct a middle-of-the-road model of that card will run about $120. The premium for the HD 7970 is $280, so he's paying $400 for the video card.

Literally JUST YESTERDAY I bought an HD 7970 from Tiger Direct, I bought an XFX Double D, it has a lifetime warranty unlike a lot of the other cards and from what I can tell is one of the highest regarded brands for buying a Radeon card. I paid $379 for it and get $60 in rebates, so I effectively paid $319 for it.

That's just one component.

The Band

Good Transactions

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven
                            View Post

Here's one simple example of how OP is paying too much:

The base video card for that model is the GTX 650, looking on Tiger Direct a middle-of-the-road model of that card will run about $120. The premium for the HD 7970 is $280, so he's paying $400 for the video card.

Literally JUST YESTERDAY I bought an HD 7970 from Tiger Direct, I bought an XFX Double D, it has a lifetime warranty unlike a lot of the other cards and from what I can tell is one of the highest regarded brands for buying a Radeon card. I paid $379 for it and get $60 in rebates, so I effectively paid $319 for it.

That's just one component.

The Band

Good Transactions

Comment

Yup, I called them. Just now.

That was an absolutely horrible experience. The sales guy couldnt answer a ****************in question I had for him. I mentioned alot of what you guys have been saying in this thread about the computer. And all I got was a lot of um's, ah's and I dont knows.

I was asking him about the possiblity of upgrading the sound card to have front input plug ins and he said it would be possible to upgrade to the Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Champion PCIe Sound Card, for 200 bucks. I just went on newegg and found it for 99.

I'm beginning to see the light I think. I heart you guys.
                              I'm reaching up and reaching out.
                              I'm reaching for the random or whatever will bewilder me.
                              And following our will and wind, we may just go where no one's been.
                              We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

Comment

Yup, I called them. Just now.

That was an absolutely horrible experience. The sales guy couldnt answer a ****************in question I had for him. I mentioned alot of what you guys have been saying in this thread about the computer. And all I got was a lot of um's, ah's and I dont knows.

I was asking him about the possiblity of upgrading the sound card to have front input plug ins and he said it would be possible to upgrade to the Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Champion PCIe Sound Card, for 200 bucks. I just went on newegg and found it for 99.

I'm beginning to see the light I think. I heart you guys.
                                I'm reaching up and reaching out.
                                I'm reaching for the random or whatever will bewilder me.
                                And following our will and wind, we may just go where no one's been.
                                We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

Comment

Working...
                                X