Are Mesas like the Diezels of Europe?

Tommy Horrible

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GRANKOR

View Post

New Dual Rec in England is over $3000. I think Diezels are rare there too, I never saw one in the 24 years I lived there. I've seen more in the USA

{censored} that noise. You can can get used ones for $700 here on craigslist. I saw the 19th recto produced, serial number R-00019 sit on my local craigslist for months at $900.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GRANKOR

View Post

New Dual Rec in England is over $3000. I think Diezels are rare there too, I never saw one in the 24 years I lived there. I've seen more in the USA

{censored} that noise. You can can get used ones for $700 here on craigslist. I saw the 19th recto produced, serial number R-00019 sit on my local craigslist for months at $900.

• Members

"Introductory" mesa models cost more or less as much as the einstein. Their top notch models, some sit way below the VH4 or herbert though. And they are not really scarce but of course not really cheap used either.

Lowest prices for some mesas in my area and or/ebay

1000 euros for a dual rec

400 euros for a dc-3

750 for a single rectoverb

600 for mark III 60 watt, 900-1000 for a purple stripe

about 1200 euros for a wooden (custom mesa) mark IV with flightcase, 900 pounds shipped for a mark IV with flightcase from england from the boogie board.

600-700 for mesa f-series.

But not as rare as diezel or soldano.

Peavey XXX/JSX are far more rare for the last year or so and I can't ever seem to find a good enough deal on 6505s with shipping even from england due to the economy. As if they prefer not to sell.

Marshall DSLs seem to go super low so do laneys

• Members

"Introductory" mesa models cost more or less as much as the einstein. Their top notch models, some sit way below the VH4 or herbert though. And they are not really scarce but of course not really cheap used either.

Lowest prices for some mesas in my area and or/ebay

1000 euros for a dual rec

400 euros for a dc-3

750 for a single rectoverb

600 for mark III 60 watt, 900-1000 for a purple stripe

about 1200 euros for a wooden (custom mesa) mark IV with flightcase, 900 pounds shipped for a mark IV with flightcase from england from the boogie board.

600-700 for mesa f-series.

But not as rare as diezel or soldano.

Peavey XXX/JSX are far more rare for the last year or so and I can't ever seem to find a good enough deal on 6505s with shipping even from england due to the economy. As if they prefer not to sell.

Marshall DSLs seem to go super low so do laneys

• Members

New DualRec is ~$3300 in Germany, Mark V is $3900 and a new Herbert is like $3700. I see a lot of Rectifiers around probably a bit more Diezels but I haven't come across a single Mesa Mark on Gigs or when jamming with ppl so from my point of view the Mark Series are like Diezels in the US biggrin.gif

FWIW the main advantage of playing a Diezel in (southern) Germany is the service. When I have a problem with my Herbert or am just unhappy with the way it sounds I can just give Peter a call drive to his place and have the amp taken care of by the guy who designed/built it and thats worth a lot to me...

• Members

New DualRec is ~$3300 in Germany, Mark V is $3900 and a new Herbert is like $3700. I see a lot of Rectifiers around probably a bit more Diezels but I haven't come across a single Mesa Mark on Gigs or when jamming with ppl so from my point of view the Mark Series are like Diezels in the US biggrin.gif

FWIW the main advantage of playing a Diezel in (southern) Germany is the service. When I have a problem with my Herbert or am just unhappy with the way it sounds I can just give Peter a call drive to his place and have the amp taken care of by the guy who designed/built it and thats worth a lot to me...

• Members

Just re checked prices, the herbert mk II is about 100 euros more expensive than a mesa triple rectifier which, is more or less similar to (both cold clippers high gainers) and the mesa came from the US and got customs and such!

Plus, the diezels seem to hold their value better.

I don't like their tone at all though, to be honest excluding the einstein. I'd take a mesa any day but I guess it is all about taste.

• Members

Just re checked prices, the herbert mk II is about 100 euros more expensive than a mesa triple rectifier which, is more or less similar to (both cold clippers high gainers) and the mesa came from the US and got customs and such!

Plus, the diezels seem to hold their value better.

I don't like their tone at all though, to be honest excluding the einstein. I'd take a mesa any day but I guess it is all about taste.

Archived