Not So Loved Albums That You Love

AdrianPOA

• Members

What album from a reputable band/artist do you love that isn't considered among their best? It can be from any genre. Share a few songs from it if you don't mind.

I personally love Carcass' Swansong album. A lot of people didn't like the "death n' roll" direction of this album, and since this was their intended major label debut album (it ended up getting released on their original label after they broke up), people think of it as a sellout album. Personally, I think it was next logical step from Heartwork. The songs are direct, to the point, and catchy as {censored}. The lead playing kicks ass too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXwatdG30Y

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by DracoAran View Post
Their best record in my humble opinion.
Agreed. Also:
Aerosmith: Rock in a Hard Place.
The Rolling Stones: Black and Blue, Goat's Head Soup, Emotional Rescue.
Kreator: Cause For Conflict
Black Sabbath: The Eternal Idol, Tyr.
Kiss: Music From the Elder.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by DracoAran View Post
Their best record in my humble opinion.
Agreed. Also:
Aerosmith: Rock in a Hard Place.
The Rolling Stones: Black and Blue, Goat's Head Soup, Emotional Rescue.
Kreator: Cause For Conflict
Black Sabbath: The Eternal Idol, Tyr.
Kiss: Music From the Elder.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by GRANKOR View Post
One Hot Minute by RHCP springs to mind.
Yeah, a great album. Quite an interesting listen. Also, it sounds great - the drums are punchy, the bass has depth and clarity, the songs have dynamics etc. After that record they became some of the worst victims of the loudness war, you just can't squash all the life out of a band like that.

Mine are maybe of a slightly different taste to some here.

U2 - Pop completely bombed in the US and didn't do very well here either, but I think it's a very cool record that sounds like a band living on the edge of their comfort zone.

Bloc Party - A Weekend in the City Their first album was a breakthough instant hit here, then this one was felt to be a damp squib, the following album was thought of as a return to form. But for me the songs on this album are open and heartfelt, and I don't listen to it much because there are moments I find pretty damn emotional.

REM - Up They lost their drummer before this record and most of their fans immediately after it I think. icon_lol.gif I guess I like the sound of bands that are struggling to find themselves again. Much more interesting than the 15th Pearl Jam album that still sounds quite like the first one.

• Members
One Hot Minute by RHCP springs to mind.
Yeah, a great album. Quite an interesting listen. Also, it sounds great - the drums are punchy, the bass has depth and clarity, the songs have dynamics etc. After that record they became some of the worst victims of the loudness war, you just can't squash all the life out of a band like that.

Mine are maybe of a slightly different taste to some here.

U2 - Pop completely bombed in the US and didn't do very well here either, but I think it's a very cool record that sounds like a band living on the edge of their comfort zone.

Bloc Party - A Weekend in the City Their first album was a breakthough instant hit here, then this one was felt to be a damp squib, the following album was thought of as a return to form. But for me the songs on this album are open and heartfelt, and I don't listen to it much because there are moments I find pretty damn emotional.

REM - Up They lost their drummer before this record and most of their fans immediately after it I think. icon_lol.gif I guess I like the sound of bands that are struggling to find themselves again. Much more interesting than the 15th Pearl Jam album that still sounds quite like the first one.

• Members
Uplift Mofo Party Plan by RHCP springs to mind. A more rocking record than most of theirs but with some really good tracks. Inside The Torn Apart by Napalm Death too
Fixed.

For me, Down On The Floor-The Zulus. Long gone legends of the Boston underground. They never achieved commercial success. But they spawned a million othet bands.

• Members
Uplift Mofo Party Plan by RHCP springs to mind. A more rocking record than most of theirs but with some really good tracks. Inside The Torn Apart by Napalm Death too
Fixed.

For me, Down On The Floor-The Zulus. Long gone legends of the Boston underground. They never achieved commercial success. But they spawned a million othet bands.

Archived