Price check: Marshall JCM 900 SL-X 2100 (EL34s)

PlayboyChris

• Members

Sounds reasonable to me, assuming that's all the amp needs. I'd pay that for it and put in some contact cleaner as well as new tubes. Some have gone for higher or about the same on ebay recently, and the amps already running el34's are the ones I'd be looking for.

but I wonder what the amp is doing to make him think it may need rebiased. And I'd want to play it loud for several minutes after letting it warm up on standy for probably around 10 minutes or so.

Maybe he could be convinced to reduce the cost a bit to go in on the buyer at least being able to get a tech to check it out since the seller won't be around later.

• Members

Sounds reasonable to me, assuming that's all the amp needs. I'd pay that for it and put in some contact cleaner as well as new tubes. Some have gone for higher or about the same on ebay recently, and the amps already running el34's are the ones I'd be looking for.

but I wonder what the amp is doing to make him think it may need rebiased. And I'd want to play it loud for several minutes after letting it warm up on standy for probably around 10 minutes or so.

Maybe he could be convinced to reduce the cost a bit to go in on the buyer at least being able to get a tech to check it out since the seller won't be around later.

Archived