Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My band is getting together as whole for the 1st time in 22 years, opening for DRI..

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46






    Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74
    View Post

    as for amp advice, I'd go with the Laney Pro Tube or the Mesa Caliber... both are awesome amps for crossover...




    Heh. I was gonna say the mesa.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/primeholy






    Originally Posted by decode6


    Way to go primeholy, you've just killed Independent George.









    Originally Posted by Arpanoid


    I was meditating on the finer things of life and then I realized that PrimeHoly is the god of this forum. For real. no troll.









    Originally Posted by eudaimonia02912


    Just think: There must be thread ideas that pop in Charveldan's head, but which, after some thought, he rejects and decides not to post. Imagine how bizarre those ideas must be, if they don't even meet Charveldan's standards.

    Comment


    • #47






      Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74
      View Post

      as for amp advice, I'd go with the Laney Pro Tube or the Mesa Caliber... both are awesome amps for crossover...




      Heh. I was gonna say the mesa.
      http://www.youtube.com/user/primeholy






      Originally Posted by decode6


      Way to go primeholy, you've just killed Independent George.









      Originally Posted by Arpanoid


      I was meditating on the finer things of life and then I realized that PrimeHoly is the god of this forum. For real. no troll.









      Originally Posted by eudaimonia02912


      Just think: There must be thread ideas that pop in Charveldan's head, but which, after some thought, he rejects and decides not to post. Imagine how bizarre those ideas must be, if they don't even meet Charveldan's standards.

      Comment


      • #48






        Quote Originally Posted by Filter500
        View Post

        It seems like any of those amps would be a good choice. I have a Recto and an SL-X, and the SL-X is more toneful and alive sounding, but Rectos do have that wide, big sound. I would boost it if you went with the Triple Rec.




        I know they all would work, thats the problem unfortunately! I don't know which way to go, lol.
        My gear thread:
        http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=1625196


        www.myspace.com/zedthez
        www.myspace.com/pusserqchc
        www.myspace.com/distemperqchc
        www.myspace.com/rocketparkrip20042008
        webcast of ZED:
        http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2375190

        Comment


        • #49






          Quote Originally Posted by Filter500
          View Post

          It seems like any of those amps would be a good choice. I have a Recto and an SL-X, and the SL-X is more toneful and alive sounding, but Rectos do have that wide, big sound. I would boost it if you went with the Triple Rec.




          I know they all would work, thats the problem unfortunately! I don't know which way to go, lol.
          My gear thread:
          http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=1625196


          www.myspace.com/zedthez
          www.myspace.com/pusserqchc
          www.myspace.com/distemperqchc
          www.myspace.com/rocketparkrip20042008
          webcast of ZED:
          http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2375190

          Comment


          • #50






            Quote Originally Posted by primeholy
            View Post

            Heh. I was gonna say the mesa.




            If I could use one of the Mesa's and the Marshall would be tits.
            My gear thread:
            http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=1625196


            www.myspace.com/zedthez
            www.myspace.com/pusserqchc
            www.myspace.com/distemperqchc
            www.myspace.com/rocketparkrip20042008
            webcast of ZED:
            http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2375190

            Comment


            • #51






              Quote Originally Posted by primeholy
              View Post

              Heh. I was gonna say the mesa.




              If I could use one of the Mesa's and the Marshall would be tits.
              My gear thread:
              http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=1625196


              www.myspace.com/zedthez
              www.myspace.com/pusserqchc
              www.myspace.com/distemperqchc
              www.myspace.com/rocketparkrip20042008
              webcast of ZED:
              http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2375190

              Comment


              • #52






                Quote Originally Posted by primeholy
                View Post

                Heh. I was gonna say the mesa.




                yeah crossover is all about trashy guitar sounds.. I think the Mesa or Laney would fit the bill perfectly. The Marshall is cool too, but the Caliber or Laney are trashier.
                http://www.guitarampboard.com

                Comment


                • #53






                  Quote Originally Posted by primeholy
                  View Post

                  Heh. I was gonna say the mesa.




                  yeah crossover is all about trashy guitar sounds.. I think the Mesa or Laney would fit the bill perfectly. The Marshall is cool too, but the Caliber or Laney are trashier.
                  http://www.guitarampboard.com

                  Comment


                  • #54






                    Quote Originally Posted by DARKMETL/
                    View Post

                    I know they all would work, thats the problem unfortunately! I don't know which way to go, lol.




                    I would think about which one is the most simple and reliable for what you play. Which one would put you most at ease knowing it does the job with little fuss. The Rectos can get pretty fizzy easily if the knobs are tweaked even a little, so maybe I'd avoid that one if I were worried about my settings getting unintentionally adjusted. The SL-X is pretty simple, plug and play.

                    Comment


                    • #55






                      Quote Originally Posted by DARKMETL/
                      View Post

                      I know they all would work, thats the problem unfortunately! I don't know which way to go, lol.




                      I would think about which one is the most simple and reliable for what you play. Which one would put you most at ease knowing it does the job with little fuss. The Rectos can get pretty fizzy easily if the knobs are tweaked even a little, so maybe I'd avoid that one if I were worried about my settings getting unintentionally adjusted. The SL-X is pretty simple, plug and play.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        SL-X or Ampeg.
                        When shopping for some cans, The Hiryuu passed away...he floated up toward heaven, but got lost along the way. Now he's the Love-Matic Gramp........err, Thy God.

                        ABNORMALITY - Contaminating the Hive Mind out now on Sevared Records!
                        Abnormality Merch! Shirts and CDs!

                        ...and here's the Youtube.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          SL-X or Ampeg.
                          When shopping for some cans, The Hiryuu passed away...he floated up toward heaven, but got lost along the way. Now he's the Love-Matic Gramp........err, Thy God.

                          ABNORMALITY - Contaminating the Hive Mind out now on Sevared Records!
                          Abnormality Merch! Shirts and CDs!

                          ...and here's the Youtube.

                          Comment


                          • #58






                            Quote Originally Posted by DARKMETL/
                            View Post

                            If I could use one of the Mesa's and the Marshall would be tits.




                            Yes, like peanut butter and jelly. Mesa for more saturation, Marshall for a more dry midrange crunch.

                            Comment


                            • #59






                              Quote Originally Posted by DARKMETL/
                              View Post

                              If I could use one of the Mesa's and the Marshall would be tits.




                              Yes, like peanut butter and jelly. Mesa for more saturation, Marshall for a more dry midrange crunch.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                MARSHALL
                                no more sig

                                Comment













                                Working...
                                X