Just did the C12 mod on my DSL

guitarbilly74

• Members

Probably the simplest mod ever.. the "hard" part is taking the chassis out icon_lol.gif other than that, it literally takes a second.

Anyway, I love it. It turns the red channel into a natural extension of the green channel. Just about the same tone but with more gain. I really liked the red channel stock but this is way better. I definitely recommend anyone with a DSL to take a second to do this mod, it's absolutely worth it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post
Probably the simplest mod ever.. the "hard" part is taking the chassis out icon_lol.gif other than that, it literally takes a second.

Anyway, I love it. It turns the red channel into a natural extension of the green channel. Just about the same tone but with more gain. I really liked the red channel stock but this is way better. I definitely recommend anyone with a DSL to take a second to do this mod, it's absolutely worth it.

Holy crap this sounds awesome...

• Members

Holy crap this sounds awesome...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by K-Bizzle View Post
Uh that sounds perfect.
That is if you're saying its like an extension of Green crunch.
yeah green crunch... I can switch between the green crunch and red now and the only that changes is the gain level.. tone and fullness remain the exact same love.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by K-Bizzle View Post
Uh that sounds perfect.
That is if you're saying its like an extension of Green crunch.
yeah green crunch... I can switch between the green crunch and red now and the only that changes is the gain level.. tone and fullness remain the exact same love.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief View Post
Billy, what are the cleans on a DSL like? Are they good or just passable?

For some reason, as much as I've been around DSL's, I've never actually played one icon_lol.gif
It's probably the best cleans on a Marshall amp, ever. Seriously, it sounds great.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief View Post
Billy, what are the cleans on a DSL like? Are they good or just passable?

For some reason, as much as I've been around DSL's, I've never actually played one icon_lol.gif
It's probably the best cleans on a Marshall amp, ever. Seriously, it sounds great.

• Members
{censored}ing hell, I LOVE the crunch and red channel on those, just never paid attention to the cleans...I need to play one...

Thanks for answering dude, and glad you dig the mod...GAS icon_lol.gif

• Members
{censored}ing hell, I LOVE the crunch and red channel on those, just never paid attention to the cleans...I need to play one...

Thanks for answering dude, and glad you dig the mod...GAS icon_lol.gif

• Members
Awesome!
That was always my issue with the red channel, you could never dial in a great sound for both green crunch and red.
Maybe its time for another...

Fully agree, best cleans on any Marshall I ever played.

• Members
Awesome!
That was always my issue with the red channel, you could never dial in a great sound for both green crunch and red.
Maybe its time for another...

Fully agree, best cleans on any Marshall I ever played.

Archived