In Flames cover...Miced the Peavey Vypyr LOL!!

NinjaRaf

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
Pretty good for a cheap ss amp. Playing sounded good to.

You should mod it so a v30 can fit in it....
Thanks!!

haha...I think itd be pretty easy to build a {censored}ty new casing for the whole thing thatd fit a 12" speaker, but that would defeat the point of having it. I wanted something tiny and light. Ive got the 5150 for bigger stuff. I wanted to use that, but my buddy borrowed it last saturday and hasnt been back around my place to return it yet. He has practice about 5 minutes from me, and they usually take a week and change off after a show. Luckily, Im not playing shows right now, so no biggie. This little turd amp sounds awesome.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
Pretty good for a cheap ss amp. Playing sounded good to.

You should mod it so a v30 can fit in it....
Thanks!!

haha...I think itd be pretty easy to build a {censored}ty new casing for the whole thing thatd fit a 12" speaker, but that would defeat the point of having it. I wanted something tiny and light. Ive got the 5150 for bigger stuff. I wanted to use that, but my buddy borrowed it last saturday and hasnt been back around my place to return it yet. He has practice about 5 minutes from me, and they usually take a week and change off after a show. Luckily, Im not playing shows right now, so no biggie. This little turd amp sounds awesome.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRaf View Post
Thanks!!

Oh yeah, good point lol

• Members
Thanks!!

Oh yeah, good point lol

• Members

Yeah, if I needed something not so portable, I would rather have grabbed the 30, but I wanted something that I could carry easily with 1 hand up and down stairs, throw it in the car, jam with my buddy, who is rocking a crate 15 watter for practicing...that kinda stuff. They are really sweet little stupid amps. HILARIOUSLY great tones for almost nothing lol. I REALLY wish they had made these 15 years ago.

• Members

Yeah, if I needed something not so portable, I would rather have grabbed the 30, but I wanted something that I could carry easily with 1 hand up and down stairs, throw it in the car, jam with my buddy, who is rocking a crate 15 watter for practicing...that kinda stuff. They are really sweet little stupid amps. HILARIOUSLY great tones for almost nothing lol. I REALLY wish they had made these 15 years ago.

• Members
Thanks!!

potential Samson combo pt 2 love.gif

and yeah man sound great, I really like the tone... a little too bass heavy on the palm mutes but that's easy to fix.

• Members
Thanks!!

and yeah man sound great, I really like the tone... a little too bass heavy on the palm mutes but that's easy to fix.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post

ROFL. Thanks!! Yeah, I can run an EQ and kill some bass if I need to....but Im just gonna leave it for now lol.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post

ROFL. Thanks!! Yeah, I can run an EQ and kill some bass if I need to....but Im just gonna leave it for now lol.

• Members

Vypyrs are fine sounding amps. I bought the 75 when they first came out and just sold it a few weeks ago when I bought my Blackstar HT40. I'm not sure I made the right decision but too late now.

A few years ago when the 6505+ 112 was released I ordered one with the intent of selling the Vyp and keeping the 6505. However after about a week and comparing them side by side, I was able to dial in the Vyp to sound almost exactly like the 6505 at low to moderate volumes. Pushed to gig level the Vyp showed it's weaknesses but that shouldn't be a surprise.

Great clip.

• Members

Vypyrs are fine sounding amps. I bought the 75 when they first came out and just sold it a few weeks ago when I bought my Blackstar HT40. I'm not sure I made the right decision but too late now.

A few years ago when the 6505+ 112 was released I ordered one with the intent of selling the Vyp and keeping the 6505. However after about a week and comparing them side by side, I was able to dial in the Vyp to sound almost exactly like the 6505 at low to moderate volumes. Pushed to gig level the Vyp showed it's weaknesses but that shouldn't be a surprise.

Great clip.

Archived