Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Flames cover...Miced the Peavey Vypyr LOL!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74
    View Post

potential Samson combo pt 2

and yeah man sound great, I really like the tone... a little too bass heavy on the palm mutes but that's easy to fix.

ROFL. Thanks!! Yeah, I can run an EQ and kill some bass if I need to....but Im just gonna leave it for now lol.
    Peavey ESP DiMarzio

I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!

Good Transactions

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74
      View Post

potential Samson combo pt 2

and yeah man sound great, I really like the tone... a little too bass heavy on the palm mutes but that's easy to fix.

ROFL. Thanks!! Yeah, I can run an EQ and kill some bass if I need to....but Im just gonna leave it for now lol.
      Peavey ESP DiMarzio

Good Transactions

Comment

Haha. Nice!! Sounded killer. My buddy has one of those little Mustang 1's and he gets some pretty good recorded tones from it too
        Originally Posted by James Hetfield

I AM THE TABLE!!

Guitars:
        LTD EC256:EMG's, Tonepros, Grovers
        Agile PS900 Blue Flame
        Ibanez Acoustic: V300CW
        Amps:
        EVH 5150 III 100w
        EVH 5150 III 4x12
        Effects:
        POD HD300
        MXR 10 Band EQ

Good Transactions: cadfael, kev324, sahlomonic, Lucius

Comment

Haha. Nice!! Sounded killer. My buddy has one of those little Mustang 1's and he gets some pretty good recorded tones from it too
          Originally Posted by James Hetfield

I AM THE TABLE!!

Guitars:
          LTD EC256:EMG's, Tonepros, Grovers
          Agile PS900 Blue Flame
          Ibanez Acoustic: V300CW
          Amps:
          EVH 5150 III 100w
          EVH 5150 III 4x12
          Effects:
          POD HD300
          MXR 10 Band EQ

Good Transactions: cadfael, kev324, sahlomonic, Lucius

Comment

Definitely doesn't sound anything like a 6505, but it sounds good in it's own right. But dude - tune your guitar
            Main Rig:
            LTD EC1000
            Peavey 6505+
            Mesa/Boogie Recto 2x12 with V30's
            TC Nova System

FOR SALE:
            Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.
            M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Sound Card

Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

Comment

Definitely doesn't sound anything like a 6505, but it sounds good in it's own right. But dude - tune your guitar
              Main Rig:
              LTD EC1000
              Peavey 6505+
              TC Nova System

FOR SALE:
              Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.

Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

Comment

Thanks guys. I disagree, I think it sounds a lot like a 6505. Guitars tuned, but it's setup for drop c and the song is in c standard, so floppy strings make it hard to keep the playing in tune.
                Peavey ESP DiMarzio

Good Transactions

Comment

Thanks guys. I disagree, I think it sounds a lot like a 6505. Guitars tuned, but it's setup for drop c and the song is in c standard, so floppy strings make it hard to keep the playing in tune.
                  Peavey ESP DiMarzio

Good Transactions

Comment

Vypyrs are fine sounding amps. I bought the 75 when they first came out and just sold it a few weeks ago when I bought my Blackstar HT40. I'm not sure I made the right decision but too late now.

A few years ago when the 6505+ 112 was released I ordered one with the intent of selling the Vyp and keeping the 6505. However after about a week and comparing them side by side, I was able to dial in the Vyp to sound almost exactly like the 6505 at low to moderate volumes. Pushed to gig level the Vyp showed it's weaknesses but that shouldn't be a surprise.

Great clip.
                    "You won't like me when I'm angry because I back up my rage with facts and documented sources" ~ The Credible Hulk

Comment

Vypyrs are fine sounding amps. I bought the 75 when they first came out and just sold it a few weeks ago when I bought my Blackstar HT40. I'm not sure I made the right decision but too late now.

A few years ago when the 6505+ 112 was released I ordered one with the intent of selling the Vyp and keeping the 6505. However after about a week and comparing them side by side, I was able to dial in the Vyp to sound almost exactly like the 6505 at low to moderate volumes. Pushed to gig level the Vyp showed it's weaknesses but that shouldn't be a surprise.

Great clip.
                      "You won't like me when I'm angry because I back up my rage with facts and documented sources" ~ The Credible Hulk

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven
                        View Post

I think the 6505 model on the Vypyr sounds scary close to the real deal personally
                        ----------------------------------------
                        1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom- Wine Red
                        1971 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
                        1995 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                        2010 Fender American Tele
                        2011 Fender Am. Std Strat
                        1984 Marshall JCM 800 2203
                        1974 Marshall JMP Superlead
                        Orange Rockerverb 100 MK II
                        Peavey JSX
                        Peavey XXX
                        Line 6 Spider IV 75 (2) for the cover band
                        Orange cabs
                        Beer & Whiskey

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven
                          View Post

I think the 6505 model on the Vypyr sounds scary close to the real deal personally
                          ----------------------------------------
                          1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom- Wine Red
                          1971 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
                          1995 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                          2010 Fender American Tele
                          2011 Fender Am. Std Strat
                          1984 Marshall JCM 800 2203
                          1974 Marshall JMP Superlead
                          Orange Rockerverb 100 MK II
                          Peavey JSX
                          Peavey XXX
                          Line 6 Spider IV 75 (2) for the cover band
                          Orange cabs
                          Beer & Whiskey

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Norton666
                            View Post

It sounds like an emulation of a 6505, but it's way fuzzier and less punchy than the real thing. Just like most digital amps, it sounds digital. That said, I like that sound. People for some reason think digital = a knock on the sound, but IMO it's good, just different. I can certainly hear the 6505 tone they were shooting for in the model, so I guess saying it sounds nothing like it was a bit of hyperbole.
                            Main Rig:
                            LTD EC1000
                            Peavey 6505+
                            TC Nova System

FOR SALE:

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Norton666
                              View Post

It sounds like an emulation of a 6505, but it's way fuzzier and less punchy than the real thing. Just like most digital amps, it sounds digital. That said, I like that sound. People for some reason think digital = a knock on the sound, but IMO it's good, just different. I can certainly hear the 6505 tone they were shooting for in the model, so I guess saying it sounds nothing like it was a bit of hyperbole.
                              Main Rig:
                              LTD EC1000
                              Peavey 6505+
                              TC Nova System

FOR SALE:

Comment

Overdriven, I know what you mean about the low end...it definitely has a digital quality. It is also fizzier than my 5150 by a bunch. Otherwise, I think the core tone is pretty close.
                                Peavey ESP DiMarzio

Good Transactions

Comment

Working...
                                X