Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Soloist SLX

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16






    Quote Originally Posted by Nick H
    View Post



    No, shut up. If the thing is going to ware out/break, its better to know what you're getting into.




    Dude, go dry hump a lawnmower or something. If he gets a bad floyd thats an easy fix. The overall guitar is whats to be considered, not just one single part that may or may not be bad.



    Do you even play? STFU & GTFO

    Comment


    • #17






      Quote Originally Posted by Nick H
      View Post



      No, shut up. If the thing is going to ware out/break, its better to know what you're getting into.




      Dude, go dry hump a lawnmower or something. If he gets a bad floyd thats an easy fix. The overall guitar is whats to be considered, not just one single part that may or may not be bad.



      Do you even play? STFU & GTFO

      Comment


      • #18
        I guess we're back to 'you get what you pay for' (why does that sound familiar?)



        do you want to spend the money for an SL2, or do you want the quality level of an SLX?
        Sig: don't care enough to have oneWAIT!!! - www.guitarampboard.com

        Comment


        • #19
          I guess we're back to 'you get what you pay for' (why does that sound familiar?)



          do you want to spend the money for an SL2, or do you want the quality level of an SLX?
          Sig: don't care enough to have oneWAIT!!! - www.guitarampboard.com

          Comment


          • #20






            Quote Originally Posted by mamberg
            View Post

            I guess we're back to 'you get what you pay for' (why does that sound familiar?)



            do you want to spend the money for an SL2, or do you want the quality level of an SLX?




            The quality factor is subjective. It always buggers me how so many musicians have such snotty/snobbish/smug attitudes about gear, and fail to accept the long standing principle that one mans junk is another mans treasure.

            Comment


            • #21






              Quote Originally Posted by mamberg
              View Post

              I guess we're back to 'you get what you pay for' (why does that sound familiar?)



              do you want to spend the money for an SL2, or do you want the quality level of an SLX?




              The quality factor is subjective. It always buggers me how so many musicians have such snotty/snobbish/smug attitudes about gear, and fail to accept the long standing principle that one mans junk is another mans treasure.

              Comment


              • #22






                Quote Originally Posted by LynchProtoge
                View Post

                The quality factor is subjective. It always buggers me how so many musicians have such snotty/snobbish/smug attitudes about gear, and fail to accept the long standing principle that one mans junk is another mans treasure.




                How is your Daisy Rock guitar treating you?
                HCAF Public Enemy #1
                VHT Pittbull CLX
                VHT Fat Bottom 4x12
                Jackson Soloist SL2H
                Jackson DKMG EMG 81/85 18v







                Originally Posted by nedezero


                You realize under Sharia law, she'll be required to get a circumcision.

                Comment


                • #23






                  Quote Originally Posted by LynchProtoge
                  View Post

                  The quality factor is subjective. It always buggers me how so many musicians have such snotty/snobbish/smug attitudes about gear, and fail to accept the long standing principle that one mans junk is another mans treasure.




                  How is your Daisy Rock guitar treating you?
                  HCAF Public Enemy #1
                  VHT Pittbull CLX
                  VHT Fat Bottom 4x12
                  Jackson Soloist SL2H
                  Jackson DKMG EMG 81/85 18v







                  Originally Posted by nedezero


                  You realize under Sharia law, she'll be required to get a circumcision.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Floyd Rose Special is the korean FR, right?



                    I think the only difference between it and the OFR is it has zinc saddles and block instead of steel/brass.



                    edit: yeah - from the Floyd Rose site



                    "The Floyd Rose Special is our Authentic version of a licensed Floyd Rose tremolo system manufactured in Korea exclusively for Floyd Rose. The Floyd Rose Special maintains the construction parameters and features of an Original Floyd Rose, while utilizing zinc alloy saddles in place of steel and a zinc alloy sustain block in place of brass. The design specifications and high quality materials of the Special Series Floyd Rose bridge will hold up to the demands of today's performers."



                    I have one of these on my Floyd Rose discovery guitar and it's awesome.
                    Originally Posted by Rampage


                    **************** cleans, play distortion?









                    Originally Posted by RiffDaemon


                    The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike









                    Originally Posted by buddhapaugh


                    I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----







                    Guitars:
                    Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez


                    Amps/Cabs
                    Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

                    FX
                    ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

                    Comment


                    • #25






                      Quote Originally Posted by LynchProtoge
                      View Post

                      The quality factor is subjective. It always buggers me how so many musicians have such snotty/snobbish/smug attitudes about gear, and fail to accept the long standing principle that one mans junk is another mans treasure.




                      I'll just call bull**************** on this right now.



                      If you are a bedroom player, then yeah, the quality factor MAY be subjective......especially if re-tuning your guitar every ten minutes is no big deal. But if you are a a working semi-pro or pro, and you don't want to have to re-tune your guitar between every song in a set, then you get an original Floyd with real hardened steel parts. And please don't tell us how great the licensed floyd is on your garbage 6 month old guitar .......blah, blah, blah. Go put 10,000 cycles on it, then come back here and tell us how it doesn't know what the **************** return to zero is.



                      Nothing "snobbish" about that. Just common sense.

                      Comment


                      • #26






                        Quote Originally Posted by peavey_impact
                        View Post

                        Floyd Rose Special is the korean FR, right?



                        I think the only difference between it and the OFR is it has zinc saddles and block instead of steel/brass.



                        edit: yeah - from the Floyd Rose site



                        "The Floyd Rose Special is our Authentic version of a licensed Floyd Rose tremolo system manufactured in Korea exclusively for Floyd Rose. The Floyd Rose Special maintains the construction parameters and features of an Original Floyd Rose, while utilizing zinc alloy saddles in place of steel and a zinc alloy sustain block in place of brass. The design specifications and high quality materials of the Special Series Floyd Rose bridge will hold up to the demands of today's performers."



                        I have one of these on my Floyd Rose discovery guitar and it's awesome.




                        Sorry, but the marketing material does nothing to change my mind. There are various degress of steel hardening and the Floyd special just doesn't have it. Plus I've cracked enough of those string retainers on the cheap floyd to know their is a difference.



                        I've read that little blurb about how the special are "just as good" as the real thing too, but the last FR special I filed down had a zinc plating on the posts and knife edges, and the posts were so soft the knife edges had gouged ridges in them. That was on a 4 year old guitar. I have never seen that type of wear on an original Floyd Rose.....not even a 20 year old one.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          ^ what guitar had this ****************ty FR Special you filed down? Just curious





                          Hell, I end up with cracked string retainers on my old german Schallers about once a year. I've only had the FR Special a couple years now but so far so good. Feel-wise it's as good as any other Floyd I've owned.



                          edit: mine actually looks EXACTLY like an OFR. It was before they started calling them "Floyd Rose Specials"
                          Originally Posted by Rampage


                          **************** cleans, play distortion?









                          Originally Posted by RiffDaemon


                          The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike









                          Originally Posted by buddhapaugh


                          I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----







                          Guitars:
                          Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez


                          Amps/Cabs
                          Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

                          FX
                          ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Just to add fuel to the fire, every licensed floyd I've had has been ****************e.



                            Every OFR I've had have lasted and lasted. I have a few bridges encroaching on near 20 years old and not needed the slightest bit of maintenance. And I abuse my trems plenty enough.



                            Trying to tell anyone with any common sense that a cheap licensed floyd is "just as good" as an OFR is like sticking feathers up your arse and making clucking sounds.
                            Zazas Zazas Nasatanada Zazas

                            Good transactions:
                            StevePage (b)
                            Deadeye Dom (s)
                            Maiden_Fan (s)
                            metareal (s)
                            YourGuitarHero (b)
                            Ratae Coritanorum (b)
                            ¤ Matt ¤ (s)

                            Comment


                            • #29






                              Quote Originally Posted by peavey_impact
                              View Post

                              ^ what guitar had this ****************ty FR Special you filed down? Just curious




                              It was a Wolfgang Special EXP. I believe the FR on that comes from Gotoh. But it wasn't just that guitar. It's every FR knockoff I've ever dealt with. They start out fine, but they just don't last. If you don't use them a lot you may never see it. The steel on them is just complete ****************.

                              Comment


                              • #30






                                Quote Originally Posted by Northernrebel
                                View Post

                                It was a Wolfgang Special EXP. I believe the FR on that comes from Gotoh.




                                Well, that's a completely different trem.
                                Originally Posted by Rampage


                                **************** cleans, play distortion?









                                Originally Posted by RiffDaemon


                                The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike









                                Originally Posted by buddhapaugh


                                I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----







                                Guitars:
                                Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez


                                Amps/Cabs
                                Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

                                FX
                                ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

                                Comment













                                Working...
                                X