Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would like to buy one of them mini tube heads. Which are good?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to buy one of them mini tube heads. Which are good?

I don't want to spend much. I want something that is fun playing through with lots of gain but with a good tone. Any recommendations? I ain't going to Guitar Center to try them out. I'll order online. I like high gain but with nice tone.

Dude, the Orange Micro Terror, that unless you want something bigger and ALL tube

For $150, you can't go wrong.

Comment

Dude, the Orange Micro Terror, that unless you want something bigger and ALL tube

Comment

Comment

Comment

My vote goes for the Rebel 20.
            Originally Posted by isvoid

I approve of this thread. Marshallmel ur a ****************ing legend.

Originally Posted by Sheik_Yerbouti

If that's your mom, I wanna do my one-stick rendition of "Moby Dick" on her fun bags.

Originally Posted by Pepi

This thread makes me want to suck a big fat cock

Originally Posted by BerkleeBill

Rick Santorum: a frothy mixture of ****************ing stupid and bat**************** crazy that is sometimes the byproduct of being a Republican.

Comment

My vote goes for the Rebel 20.
              Originally Posted by isvoid

I approve of this thread. Marshallmel ur a ****************ing legend.

Originally Posted by Sheik_Yerbouti

If that's your mom, I wanna do my one-stick rendition of "Moby Dick" on her fun bags.

Originally Posted by Pepi

This thread makes me want to suck a big fat cock

Originally Posted by BerkleeBill

Rick Santorum: a frothy mixture of ****************ing stupid and bat**************** crazy that is sometimes the byproduct of being a Republican.

Comment

Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18. /thread
                This:
                Gibsons w/ Dimarzios, Duncans, & Bare Knuckles
                '95 Mesa Dual Rectifier
                '78 Marshall JMP 2204
                Mesa Trad 4x12
                Marshall 1960B
                Any pedal(s) I happen to pull off the shelf
                Heavy strings, heavy picks, heavy hand(shakes)

Originally Posted by wrongnote85

they had their cash and their gear in a ****************in bag? whadda they take on the road, 6 dollars in quarters and a POD?

Comment

Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18. /thread
                  This:
                  Gibsons w/ Dimarzios, Duncans, & Bare Knuckles
                  '95 Mesa Dual Rectifier
                  '78 Marshall JMP 2204
                  Mesa Trad 4x12
                  Marshall 1960B
                  Any pedal(s) I happen to pull off the shelf
                  Heavy strings, heavy picks, heavy hand(shakes)

Originally Posted by wrongnote85

they had their cash and their gear in a ****************in bag? whadda they take on the road, 6 dollars in quarters and a POD?

Comment

How small and how much are you looking to spend?

I thoroughly enjoyed my blackstar HT5 when I had it. It's not exactly my favorite tone or anything, but it sounded plenty good for a small amp.

Egnater tweakers are fun as well, but if you're looking for high gain as in modern metal territory, I don't think it's the best option. But, for more classic rockish type stuff, it's nice.

I played a mini recto once in a music store and thought it was pretty killer, but it's about a grand new.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

It's not prostitution as long as you film it.

Comment

How small and how much are you looking to spend?

I thoroughly enjoyed my blackstar HT5 when I had it. It's not exactly my favorite tone or anything, but it sounded plenty good for a small amp.

Egnater tweakers are fun as well, but if you're looking for high gain as in modern metal territory, I don't think it's the best option. But, for more classic rockish type stuff, it's nice.

I played a mini recto once in a music store and thought it was pretty killer, but it's about a grand new.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

It's not prostitution as long as you film it.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by omni
                        View Post

I don't want to spend much. I want something that is fun playing through with lots of gain but with a good tone. Any recommendations? I ain't going to Guitar Center to try them out. I'll order online. I like high gain but with nice tone.

Reason Bambino is pretty nice. I've had mine for a couple years now.
                        tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                        www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
                        -For Sale:
                        -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
                        -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
                        - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
                        - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
                        - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by omni
                          View Post

Reason Bambino is pretty nice. I've had mine for a couple years now.
                          tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                          www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
                          -For Sale:
                          -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
                          -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
                          - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
                          - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
                          - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

The Micro Terror is tempting as hell. I also like that little Kustom one. From the online vids I think the Greta would be fun. VHT6 looks like what I would typically prefer, but I havn't tried it.

The main reason I havn't bought a small tube head is I dont have a cab. But since Im getting my Bassman overhauled thats about to change.

I can see the real possibility of a Tiny Terror(or the head cabinet version with the effects loop) in my future. I grown to really appreciate the sounds an Orange puts out, not quite like anything else IMO.

Comment

The Micro Terror is tempting as hell. I also like that little Kustom one. From the online vids I think the Greta would be fun. VHT6 looks like what I would typically prefer, but I havn't tried it.

The main reason I havn't bought a small tube head is I dont have a cab. But since Im getting my Bassman overhauled thats about to change.

I can see the real possibility of a Tiny Terror(or the head cabinet version with the effects loop) in my future. I grown to really appreciate the sounds an Orange puts out, not quite like anything else IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X