Charvels

guidedbyechoes

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by guidedbyechoes

View Post

I don't think they look that great and they are kind of expensive. I always wondered what the deal was.

To me, it's a strat style guitar with dual humbuckers and a floyd...I'm sure they are nice guitars, I've never played one, and maybe that's why i don't "get it" idn_smilie.gif

• Members

View Post

I don't think they look that great and they are kind of expensive. I always wondered what the deal was.

To me, it's a strat style guitar with dual humbuckers and a floyd...I'm sure they are nice guitars, I've never played one, and maybe that's why i don't "get it" idn_smilie.gif

• Members

View Post

They are basically just simple guitars made to high standards. They may seem expensive for what you get, but you get high quality and simple instead of flashy and mediocre quality. They play extremely well. idn_smilie.gif I love mine....

• Members

View Post

They are basically just simple guitars made to high standards. They may seem expensive for what you get, but you get high quality and simple instead of flashy and mediocre quality. They play extremely well. idn_smilie.gif I love mine....

• Members

they started out as an out of warranty fender repair shop, then their parts started getting copied so they started making complete guitars. then charvel sold the business to jackson. then they popped right when metal and the superstrat were the hip {censored}. then randy rhodes wanted a crazy metal guitar, and it wasn't anything like the superstrat, so jackson was born.

the end.

now go the {censored} to sleep.

• Members

they started out as an out of warranty fender repair shop, then their parts started getting copied so they started making complete guitars. then charvel sold the business to jackson. then they popped right when metal and the superstrat were the hip {censored}. then randy rhodes wanted a crazy metal guitar, and it wasn't anything like the superstrat, so jackson was born.

the end.

now go the {censored} to sleep.

• Members

Mine was a great guitar. Quartersawn maple neck, great fretwork, resonant body, Duncan pickups from the factory, skb flight case, made in Japan and $900 brand new before lewp discount.

I only sold mine because I bought too much gear and I don't use Floyds. It was a very nice axe for the price.

Plus they stopped selling them so they're no longer available new.

• Members

Mine was a great guitar. Quartersawn maple neck, great fretwork, resonant body, Duncan pickups from the factory, skb flight case, made in Japan and $900 brand new before lewp discount.

I only sold mine because I bought too much gear and I don't use Floyds. It was a very nice axe for the price.

Plus they stopped selling them so they're no longer available new.

• Members

The old USA ones were special.
They were the original hotrod guitar back in the early 80's.
Those are known for their necks and custom finishes.
Each one was a special order.

The new ones for while were again made in USA, but then they moved them to Japan. They are nice guitars - but still production line made.

Check out www.usacharvels.com for lots of pics and info about the old ones.

• Members

The old USA ones were special.
They were the original hotrod guitar back in the early 80's.
Those are known for their necks and custom finishes.
Each one was a special order.

The new ones for while were again made in USA, but then they moved them to Japan. They are nice guitars - but still production line made.

Check out www.usacharvels.com for lots of pics and info about the old ones.

• Members

I really miss both of mine. The SoCal and San Dimas were awesome. The necks were amazing feeling. Compound 12-16, not the standard fender 9.5. The guitar felt right. I will own another one one day. The fact that they were discontinued by Charvel makes them less of a big deal now. Why in the world they would discontinue the, and replace them with the {censored}ty looking schecter wannabe Desolations makes me shake my head.

• Members

I really miss both of mine. The SoCal and San Dimas were awesome. The necks were amazing feeling. Compound 12-16, not the standard fender 9.5. The guitar felt right. I will own another one one day. The fact that they were discontinued by Charvel makes them less of a big deal now. Why in the world they would discontinue the, and replace them with the {censored}ty looking schecter wannabe Desolations makes me shake my head.

Archived