Line 6 MkII HD100 half stack

Lonnie99

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie99 View Post
Anyone have one? I'm picking up one in a trade but most of the videos on YouTube are showcasing metal payers, which I am not. tongue.gif I'm guessing its a pretty good all around amp but I'd love to hear some clips that aren't metal.

23aeb9d8c6dce38a39e195f84f31542d.jpg
^^^WTF is going on in this pic? Left side of the front panel looks like the input jack (and part of the circuit board) are taped to the front!!!eek.gif

• Members

I can tell you that it is a pretty cool amp. Not all of the models are damn good sounding though. The biggest problem with the amp that my other band mate had (the spider valve mk II HD 100) is that it was super sensitive with the volume. You messed with the volume, it was like you changed an amp model or something. Other than that I managed to get some killer plexi sounds, orange, cleans. For metal I ended up liking one of their own models.

It is a really good all in one unit but I expected a bit more user friendliness, it plays in low volumes but there are tube amps that are more consistent than this one and it is modelling!!!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Hardness

View Post

^^^WTF is going on in this pic? Left side of the front panel looks like the input jack (and part of the circuit board) are taped to the front!!!eek.gif

I am utterly confused by this as well.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by FalseRevRG View Post
Spider Valve is still a Spider. The DT line is much better.
Not exactly. First of all it doesn't have speaker simulation or "IR" which was the weakest point of the pod series at the time. It was exlcusively developed with V30s. Secondly the tube power amp pretty much makes it a loud tube amp. As I said it also hinders its playability but the more you open it the more the fizz goes away etc. Half of your sound, the power amp and the cab are totally different than any spider/pod iteration. The only thing that comes close is the spider IV series.

What it didn't change for the better is the "player/dynamics" interplay which was at pod X3 levels...the effects are much better. Every extenal (good) preamp or modeller we've tried in the SV power amp was better than the internal modelling. And the preamp signal feeding a good power amp was better than the internal power amp. But you have got to remember that these were built to a price and that they play good overall. They are perfect grab n go rehearsal cover band amps or for gig with multiple sounds and the convenience of the floor board is unparallaled.

So yeah it has its "faults" but it does things others won't.

To have something similar from the DT series you need to integrate a whole pod HD. Which, almost cost as much as a sv 100 mk II head used alone. If tone, core tone is what one wants I wouldn't even bother with the DT amps for what they go new for anyway to be honest. Used, is another story.

• Members

The input jack was cracked and this is the "fix". The guitar I'm trading cost me $240, plus probably $20 to ship it. These heads are going for $4-500 by themselves and he's throwing in the 4x12 cab. I'm pretty handy so I'm sure I can make the jack look better before flipping it.

Archived