X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 MkII HD100 half stack

Anyone have one? I'm picking up one in a trade but most of the videos on YouTube are showcasing metal payers, which I am not. I'm guessing its a pretty good all around amp but I'd love to hear some clips that aren't metal.

I one day hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.WORDS OF WISDOM FROM VARIOUS MEMBERS"most often the guitar will rise or fall to the level of the player""people overthink ****************""Sometimes you gotta know when to shut the **************** up and have a little class. Not you, you're special.""If it sounds good to you then it sounds good"The bull**************** and myths in the guitar world are stacked very high.

I have never played a Line 6 amp that I liked. Some have sounded "ok" initially, but in time all became sterile and lifeless to my ears.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie99
      View Post

Anyone have one? I'm picking up one in a trade but most of the videos on YouTube are showcasing metal payers, which I am not. I'm guessing its a pretty good all around amp but I'd love to hear some clips that aren't metal.

^^^WTF is going on in this pic? Left side of the front panel looks like the input jack (and part of the circuit board) are taped to the front!!!
      Originally Posted by KCTigerChief

Rock hardness called that one

Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

But then again, it's the internet and everyone is a hunk with a 12" cock, great job, fast car, hot gf and loads money in the bank and Mila Kunis has pointy knees.

Comment

I can tell you that it is a pretty cool amp. Not all of the models are damn good sounding though. The biggest problem with the amp that my other band mate had (the spider valve mk II HD 100) is that it was super sensitive with the volume. You messed with the volume, it was like you changed an amp model or something. Other than that I managed to get some killer plexi sounds, orange, cleans. For metal I ended up liking one of their own models.

It is a really good all in one unit but I expected a bit more user friendliness, it plays in low volumes but there are tube amps that are more consistent than this one and it is modelling!!!
        "is this tone obtainable using the HD500 or Axe Fx? Overall, for convenience and volume control, should I buy the Axe Fx over actual tube amps? I don't plan on playing loud; just playing at home and recording on my Mac. Thanks man, you are awesome!

short answer: no...

long answer: no way..."

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Hardness
          View Post

^^^WTF is going on in this pic? Left side of the front panel looks like the input jack (and part of the circuit board) are taped to the front!!!

I am utterly confused by this as well.
          Originally Posted by TheEternal

Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

life's too short not to eat bee's

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
          Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

wtf us up with the front panel?
            http://www.youtube.com/user/primeholy

Originally Posted by decode6

Way to go primeholy, you've just killed Independent George.

Originally Posted by Arpanoid

I was meditating on the finer things of life and then I realized that PrimeHoly is the god of this forum. For real. no troll.

Originally Posted by eudaimonia02912

Just think: There must be thread ideas that pop in Charveldan's head, but which, after some thought, he rejects and decides not to post. Imagine how bizarre those ideas must be, if they don't even meet Charveldan's standards.

Comment

Looks like a inline volume potentiometer placed in the input of the amp
              Amps/Cabs used ::EVH 5150 III 50w,Genz Benz 212 g-flex

Guitars Used :: 2001 PRS Singlecut 10 top, Ernie Ball Musicman JP6, LTD MV-200

Spam:: VOX ac4 head, mxr custom comp.

Good/Awesome People to deal with:: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...&postcount=521

Comment

It looks like an old school cable that is opened up to show the inside. I'm sure the amp is fine
                Check out my website and download my cd, Carousel @:
                www.johnmendozamusic.com
                www.myspace.com/johnmendozamusic

My Gear:
                PRS Custom 22 PURPLE
                PRS Custom 22 Vintage Yellow
                Peavey Wolfgang
                EB MM Morse y2k in PURPLE!!!!!
                Gibson LP Standard
                Ibanez Jem 7EAFX
                Fender Lonestar Strat
                Taylor 314CE
                EVH 5150 III MINI

XT Brotherhood

Buy my first CD
                http://cdbaby.com/cd/johnmendoza

Comment

Spider Valve is still a Spider. The DT line is much better.
                  Shroud of Bereavement - Symphonic Death/Doom metal from New England
                  Recently Vacated Graves: True Zombie Metal
                  My Guitar Center Microsite Profile

Agile PS-900
                  B.C. Rich USA Gunslinger
                  Charvel CX390
                  HevAri Dragonrider 7-string (custom built)
                  LTD M-207 7-string
                  Schecter Damien Elite 8

Engl E102 Digitalamp head
                  Fryette Sig:X head
                  VHT Deliverance 60 head
                  Veretone custom 4x12 w/ VHT P50Es
                  VHT FatBottom 4x12

VHT/Fryette Death Squad
                  Extended Range Players Club

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by FalseRevRG
                    View Post

Spider Valve is still a Spider. The DT line is much better.

Not exactly. First of all it doesn't have speaker simulation or "IR" which was the weakest point of the pod series at the time. It was exlcusively developed with V30s. Secondly the tube power amp pretty much makes it a loud tube amp. As I said it also hinders its playability but the more you open it the more the fizz goes away etc. Half of your sound, the power amp and the cab are totally different than any spider/pod iteration. The only thing that comes close is the spider IV series.

What it didn't change for the better is the "player/dynamics" interplay which was at pod X3 levels...the effects are much better. Every extenal (good) preamp or modeller we've tried in the SV power amp was better than the internal modelling. And the preamp signal feeding a good power amp was better than the internal power amp. But you have got to remember that these were built to a price and that they play good overall. They are perfect grab n go rehearsal cover band amps or for gig with multiple sounds and the convenience of the floor board is unparallaled.

So yeah it has its "faults" but it does things others won't.

To have something similar from the DT series you need to integrate a whole pod HD. Which, almost cost as much as a sv 100 mk II head used alone. If tone, core tone is what one wants I wouldn't even bother with the DT amps for what they go new for anyway to be honest. Used, is another story.
                    "is this tone obtainable using the HD500 or Axe Fx? Overall, for convenience and volume control, should I buy the Axe Fx over actual tube amps? I don't plan on playing loud; just playing at home and recording on my Mac. Thanks man, you are awesome!

Comment

The input jack was cracked and this is the "fix". The guitar I'm trading cost me $240, plus probably $20 to ship it. These heads are going for $4-500 by themselves and he's throwing in the 4x12 cab. I'm pretty handy so I'm sure I can make the jack look better before flipping it.
                      I one day hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.WORDS OF WISDOM FROM VARIOUS MEMBERS"most often the guitar will rise or fall to the level of the player""people overthink ****************""Sometimes you gotta know when to shut the **************** up and have a little class. Not you, you're special.""If it sounds good to you then it sounds good"The bull**************** and myths in the guitar world are stacked very high.

Comment

Seems a pretty good deal. I'd even keep the 4x12 cab. If I remember it is ply if not all over at least the baffles.

Comment

Working...
                        X