Found an iPhone. Can't get past the passcode. Any tips?

eyeball987

• Members

Found the phone in my work parking lot frozen into the ice and snow. I had to use my car keys to cut it out. Dropped it in a bag of rice for a couple days and it powers up just fine.

I have been trying to find the owner but Apple and Sprint have been completely unable to help. A little finger pointing between the two but in short, Apple puts the SS# inside their devices now and does not let Sprint open them up to see it. If they could, then I would be able to return the phone to the owner.

The Apple store pretty much told me to shove it. I am so glad that I am not an Apple follower.

Any tips on how to get past the passcode screen so that I can find the owner?

• Members

Should have installed the "find my iPhone" app...

It's amazing how accurate it is. A buddy of mine dropped his iPhone in my Jeep after a hard night of drinking. I went to a chick's house, and he was able to track it there.

• Members

It's amazing how accurate it is. A buddy of mine dropped his iPhone in my Jeep after a hard night of drinking. I went to a chick's house, and he was able to track it there.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Marshredder View Post
Take out the sim card, stick it in another phone.

Phone a number.
I don't have another iPhone. The sim card in my Droid is different. I guess I could try the Apple store again and make that suggestion. My last experience there didn't leave me with a sense of customer service being their priority.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Marshredder View Post
Take out the sim card, stick it in another phone.

Phone a number.
I don't have another iPhone. The sim card in my Droid is different. I guess I could try the Apple store again and make that suggestion. My last experience there didn't leave me with a sense of customer service being their priority.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by eyeball987

View Post

Just find a phone that takes a micro sim. Or get a micro sim to regular sim adapter from radio shack or something. Boom. Problem solved.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by eyeball987

View Post

Just find a phone that takes a micro sim. Or get a micro sim to regular sim adapter from radio shack or something. Boom. Problem solved.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by fretout View Post

Recently just had to use this for my gf's phone, tracked it smack bang in the middle of this house near me (she left it on the train), went over there and asked about it and they flat out denied that they had it and said I must be mistaken because they have never used the train before. I was pleasant to them and didn't accuse them, but I called the cops after and they said they can't do anything because "you can't trust the accuracy of those apps", I've since tried it on my own phone and you can literally pin point that {censored} moving around your house. The only small silver lining is that the app lets you remotely wipe your phone which is nice if you know the next time you'll see it is on ebay.

And yeah hand it in somewhere it's {censored}ing annoying losing your phone, man up and possibly make someone's day.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by fretout View Post

Recently just had to use this for my gf's phone, tracked it smack bang in the middle of this house near me (she left it on the train), went over there and asked about it and they flat out denied that they had it and said I must be mistaken because they have never used the train before. I was pleasant to them and didn't accuse them, but I called the cops after and they said they can't do anything because "you can't trust the accuracy of those apps", I've since tried it on my own phone and you can literally pin point that {censored} moving around your house. The only small silver lining is that the app lets you remotely wipe your phone which is nice if you know the next time you'll see it is on ebay.

And yeah hand it in somewhere it's {censored}ing annoying losing your phone, man up and possibly make someone's day.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by duncan

View Post

Sprint doesn't use sim cards. There is a port for them on the Sprint iphone but that's is you want to take it out of the country and use a GSM network.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by duncan

View Post

Sprint doesn't use sim cards. There is a port for them on the Sprint iphone but that's is you want to take it out of the country and use a GSM network.

Archived