My Second Partsocaster Project...

STEEL KAGE

• Members

Just finished this up and its another home run!!!! This guitar looks,sounds and plays insanely well. Here is the parts list;

Mighty Mite Neck-22 jumbo frets, maple, full Scallop
Warmoth Body-Swamp Ash,Heavily Relicd( seriously abused) by my son and I
DiMarzio Pickups-Area 61 neck,Area 67 middle, Single Coil Sized Tone Zone Bridge
Schaller Bridge-Old ass German Recessed Schaller Floyd

I am blown away at how great this guitar is. Its sounds incredible across the gain spectrum on every pickup and once you get used to the scallops, it plays like a dream. Other than the frets needing a leveling,grind and polish, the guitar went together pretty quickly and for the most part, is little more than cheap parts that were lovingly assembled. Ive got 2 more in the works; One will be ready in a week or so and the other will be a little longer as Im not sure how I want to finish it yet. So far, these parsocaster projects are just about as good as any guitar that Ive ever owned and Ive owned quite a few over the years..

8358166554_bf5da6759d.jpg

Kage

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phrophus

View Post

Well done. Something about a beat up strat with a floyd makes my loins moist. I do prefer scalloped potatoes to scalloped fretboards, though.

The Scallops are definitely an acquired taste and while I love them, I wouldnt want to be limited to only scalloped boards. Truth be told, its all Ive playing since I put together that other scalloped strat and Ive really been in the zone playingwise.

Kage

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phrophus

View Post

Well done. Something about a beat up strat with a floyd makes my loins moist. I do prefer scalloped potatoes to scalloped fretboards, though.

The Scallops are definitely an acquired taste and while I love them, I wouldnt want to be limited to only scalloped boards. Truth be told, its all Ive playing since I put together that other scalloped strat and Ive really been in the zone playingwise.

Kage

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by STEEL KAGE

View Post

Kage

Honestly, the only scalloped fretboard that I've ever played was one I did myself on my el cheapo first guitar, and I really didn't know what I was doing, so the scallops are extremely deep. I didn't get along well with that fretboard, but I might be fine with one that's done well.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by STEEL KAGE

View Post

Kage

Honestly, the only scalloped fretboard that I've ever played was one I did myself on my el cheapo first guitar, and I really didn't know what I was doing, so the scallops are extremely deep. I didn't get along well with that fretboard, but I might be fine with one that's done well.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by twisty571

View Post

Do you like those Area 61/67 pups? I am sticking a Tone Zone in mine soon but hadn't decided on the SC's yet? My favorite SC I have personally owned was the Duncan AP II's?

I absolutely love them..Hands down, my favorite noiseless singles in those positions... Absolutely amazing pickups..

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by twisty571

View Post

Do you like those Area 61/67 pups? I am sticking a Tone Zone in mine soon but hadn't decided on the SC's yet? My favorite SC I have personally owned was the Duncan AP II's?

I absolutely love them..Hands down, my favorite noiseless singles in those positions... Absolutely amazing pickups..

Archived