Quick Eleven Rack questions

Markdude

• Members

Can you record a clean DI track simultaneously with the amp track?

Can the cab sims be turned off?

The USB connection functions as a full-fledged audio interface, correct? I don't need to buy an audio interface to run the 11R's analog outputs into?

EDIT: On that note, can you also turn hardware monitoring off? So that you can monitor through only the DAW (for using impulses with the cab sims turned off)

I know that you have to use Pro Tools to update and tweak patches on the computer, but can you record with any DAW?

Thanks!

• Members

I'm not very familiar with all the terms of recording. You can do reamping via Pro Tools if that's what you mean by a clean DI track. The cab sims can be turned off. You can record with any DAW and the 11R is the interface so you won't need a separate one. I'm not sure what you mean by turning off hardware monitoring but you can use a separate cab sim plugin and hear the results through the 11R via your monitors or headphones.

• Members

I'm not very familiar with all the terms of recording. You can do reamping via Pro Tools if that's what you mean by a clean DI track. The cab sims can be turned off. You can record with any DAW and the 11R is the interface so you won't need a separate one. I'm not sure what you mean by turning off hardware monitoring but you can use a separate cab sim plugin and hear the results through the 11R via your monitors or headphones.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by LoopQuantum View Post
You can't turn off hardware monitoring unless you're using PT.

As an Ableton user, that drives me bananas.
Damn! That's disappointing. Can you load custom IRs into the Eleven Rack?

If not, I suppose I wouldn't mind migrating to PT. Do you know if the version of PT bundled with the 11R has a good VST wrapper?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by LoopQuantum View Post
You can't turn off hardware monitoring unless you're using PT.

As an Ableton user, that drives me bananas.

If not, I suppose I wouldn't mind migrating to PT. Do you know if the version of PT bundled with the 11R has a good VST wrapper?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Orbis_Mortis

View Post

I don't necessarily want to reamp (well, I kind of do, but in the digital realm). I'd like to record the 11R's amp on one track (with no cab sim, so I can use a custom one through a VST plugin), and simultaneously record a totally dry DI signal to another track. Then if I end up not completely digging the tone when it comes time to mix, I can use a VST amp sims on the DI track instead, and not have to record a new take. I like to have options.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Orbis_Mortis

View Post

I don't necessarily want to reamp (well, I kind of do, but in the digital realm). I'd like to record the 11R's amp on one track (with no cab sim, so I can use a custom one through a VST plugin), and simultaneously record a totally dry DI signal to another track. Then if I end up not completely digging the tone when it comes time to mix, I can use a VST amp sims on the DI track instead, and not have to record a new take. I like to have options.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Markdude View Post

You can't load IR's INTO the unit, but you can always insert a sampling plugin like Kontakt or Recabinet on the track to run an IR after the signal in your DAW. This is what I do.

• Members

You can't load IR's INTO the unit, but you can always insert a sampling plugin like Kontakt or Recabinet on the track to run an IR after the signal in your DAW. This is what I do.

• Members
I'd like to record the 11R's amp on one track (with no cab sim, so I can use a custom one through a VST plugin), and simultaneously record a totally dry DI signal to another track. Then if I end up not completely digging the tone when it comes time to mix, I can use a VST amp sims on the DI track instead, and not have to record a new take. I like to have options.
You can do that with the Yamaha THR10 and Cubase smile.gif

Awesome feature love.gif

• Members
I'd like to record the 11R's amp on one track (with no cab sim, so I can use a custom one through a VST plugin), and simultaneously record a totally dry DI signal to another track. Then if I end up not completely digging the tone when it comes time to mix, I can use a VST amp sims on the DI track instead, and not have to record a new take. I like to have options.
You can do that with the Yamaha THR10 and Cubase smile.gif

Awesome feature love.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by LoopQuantum

View Post

That's my plan, but if I'm reading what you said correctly, I'm still going to be hearing the fizzy non-cab-sim'd signal through my monitors while recording in anything other than Pro Tools, right? If that's the case I'll make the switch to Pro Tools so I can record with hardware monitoring off, but I'd like to know if that version of PT comes with a good VST wrapper so I'm not limited to just RTAS plugins.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by LoopQuantum

View Post

That's my plan, but if I'm reading what you said correctly, I'm still going to be hearing the fizzy non-cab-sim'd signal through my monitors while recording in anything other than Pro Tools, right? If that's the case I'll make the switch to Pro Tools so I can record with hardware monitoring off, but I'd like to know if that version of PT comes with a good VST wrapper so I'm not limited to just RTAS plugins.

Archived