OT: This forum has been nearly unusable for 2 days now...

KCTigerChief

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer View Post
I'm completely dissatisfied...and want my money back!
I understand this is a free forum, and I've actually used that argument in defense of this place before...

However, in the REAL world, as a developer myself, if this kind of performance happened on any of my applications, I would lose my job so fast my head would spin. The fact that it has been going on for YEARS?? Get out of here.

Also, don't kid yourself...with as many registered users as there are here, this site makes TONS of cash from the advertisements at the top of the page...Tons...

I know of a forum that is probably less than a quarter of this size in the automotive area, and they charge 900 bucks a month for a tiny banner ad on the site. 1200 for a bigger one, and I think for one of the ones at the top of the page it's 2000...A MONTH. They have over 500 companies advertising...Do the math...Then multiply it by 4, and I imagine that's about what MF gets off this site...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer View Post
I'm completely dissatisfied...and want my money back!
I understand this is a free forum, and I've actually used that argument in defense of this place before...

However, in the REAL world, as a developer myself, if this kind of performance happened on any of my applications, I would lose my job so fast my head would spin. The fact that it has been going on for YEARS?? Get out of here.

Also, don't kid yourself...with as many registered users as there are here, this site makes TONS of cash from the advertisements at the top of the page...Tons...

I know of a forum that is probably less than a quarter of this size in the automotive area, and they charge 900 bucks a month for a tiny banner ad on the site. 1200 for a bigger one, and I think for one of the ones at the top of the page it's 2000...A MONTH. They have over 500 companies advertising...Do the math...Then multiply it by 4, and I imagine that's about what MF gets off this site...

Archived