Would you take a week off of work to play a gig?

Marshallmel

• Members

Our drummer has us a gig at Bike Week in Daytona Florida. Two gigs, one on Tuesday and one on Thursday. Lodging is provided so our only expenses will be travel and meals for a week. The dilemma is, I would make more $$$ if I just went to work that week.

What do?

• Members

yeah I would. I actually took a month off in '09 to play a mini-tour with my older band, opening for L.A. Guns and Y&T. I had a great time. Touring is a lot easier when your financial situation doesn't depend on it and you have a stable job to come back to.

But yeah, definitely do it and have fun, it's worth it.

• Members

yeah I would. I actually took a month off in '09 to play a mini-tour with my older band, opening for L.A. Guns and Y&T. I had a great time. Touring is a lot easier when your financial situation doesn't depend on it and you have a stable job to come back to.

But yeah, definitely do it and have fun, it's worth it.

• Members

Depends on your work. If you are employer or employee. There is no gig(s) that would make me take a week off from work and it is of course about money and because I am the employer. There is no person to substitute me anyway.

If it wasn't my own work and could take the week off I would I guess, still depends on the money. If still there wasn't anybody to substitute me I still wouldn't do the gig, it is about responsibility.

• Members

Depends on your work. If you are employer or employee. There is no gig(s) that would make me take a week off from work and it is of course about money and because I am the employer. There is no person to substitute me anyway.

If it wasn't my own work and could take the week off I would I guess, still depends on the money. If still there wasn't anybody to substitute me I still wouldn't do the gig, it is about responsibility.

• Members

I would if I could. Personally, my band is talking about doing some long weekends in the spring...which is perfect for me.

I only have 2 weeks vacation this year, so taking one off to play 2 shows wouldn't be ideal for me. If I took a week off it'd be to do a 7-8 day mini tour. But if I had a month of vacation...I'd easily consider it.

I'm also in sales, so when I'm not here I'm losing out on money. If I went on the road I'd probably take a laptop and aircard to try and still make some sales icon_lol.gif

• Members

I would if I could. Personally, my band is talking about doing some long weekends in the spring...which is perfect for me.

I only have 2 weeks vacation this year, so taking one off to play 2 shows wouldn't be ideal for me. If I took a week off it'd be to do a 7-8 day mini tour. But if I had a month of vacation...I'd easily consider it.

I'm also in sales, so when I'm not here I'm losing out on money. If I went on the road I'd probably take a laptop and aircard to try and still make some sales icon_lol.gif

• Members

I'm not the only band member in the same boat. One guy has vacation time but has a trip planned with his family this summer. The singer has no vacation time so it's looking like it probably won't happen. I could have gone either way. It would have been cool to hang out at Daytona Beach...but I really don't like bikers, and I LOATHE drunken bikers.

• Members

I'm not the only band member in the same boat. One guy has vacation time but has a trip planned with his family this summer. The singer has no vacation time so it's looking like it probably won't happen. I could have gone either way. It would have been cool to hang out at Daytona Beach...but I really don't like bikers, and I LOATHE drunken bikers.

• Members

I wouldn't. Especially not for Daytona Bike Week. It's no where near what it used to be. And especially not for a Tuesday/Thursday gig.

Just 2 cents from a guy who lives here & has played many a Daytona bikeweek/biketoberfest.

btw, what club ? There are some good ones & some bad ones, as well as good/bad owners & managers

• Members

I wouldn't. Especially not for Daytona Bike Week. It's no where near what it used to be. And especially not for a Tuesday/Thursday gig.

Just 2 cents from a guy who lives here & has played many a Daytona bikeweek/biketoberfest.

btw, what club ? There are some good ones & some bad ones, as well as good/bad owners & managers

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBarrel

View Post

Thanks for the heads up. Not sure of the club or if it is a club at all. Word I got was we'd be playing on the beach.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBarrel

View Post

Thanks for the heads up. Not sure of the club or if it is a club at all. Word I got was we'd be playing on the beach.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Marshallmel

View Post

pm me some details, and I'l let you know what's up. Also remember, you'll probably be playing outside, and although it is Florida, it's still February, and can still be cold, rainy, and windy outside.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Marshallmel

View Post

pm me some details, and I'l let you know what's up. Also remember, you'll probably be playing outside, and although it is Florida, it's still February, and can still be cold, rainy, and windy outside.

Archived