Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you take a week off of work to play a gig?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you take a week off of work to play a gig?

Our drummer has us a gig at Bike Week in Daytona Florida. Two gigs, one on Tuesday and one on Thursday. Lodging is provided so our only expenses will be travel and meals for a week. The dilemma is, I would make more $$$ if I just went to work that week.

What do?
    Originally Posted by isvoid

I approve of this thread. Marshallmel ur a ****************ing legend.

Originally Posted by Sheik_Yerbouti

If that's your mom, I wanna do my one-stick rendition of "Moby Dick" on her fun bags.

Originally Posted by Pepi

This thread makes me want to suck a big fat cock

Originally Posted by BerkleeBill

Rick Santorum: a frothy mixture of ****************ing stupid and bat**************** crazy that is sometimes the byproduct of being a Republican.

Who gives a **************** if you would make more money at your regular job, it's about having fun and taking a little vacation. Think of all dat biker meth ********************!
    Originally Posted by Sixtonoize

It's cool...you don't have to have any idea what you're talking about to post here.

It's alright.

Originally Posted by Wizard of Ozz

I've owned at least 50 Marshalls...

Comment

Who gives a **************** if you would make more money at your regular job, it's about having fun and taking a little vacation. Think of all dat biker meth ********************!
      Originally Posted by Sixtonoize

It's cool...you don't have to have any idea what you're talking about to post here.

It's alright.

Originally Posted by Wizard of Ozz

I've owned at least 50 Marshalls...

Comment

yeah I would. I actually took a month off in '09 to play a mini-tour with my older band, opening for L.A. Guns and Y&T. I had a great time. Touring is a lot easier when your financial situation doesn't depend on it and you have a stable job to come back to.

But yeah, definitely do it and have fun, it's worth it.
        http://www.guitarampboard.comLike my band on FB: http://www.facebook.com/thefew1All prices include shipping to ConUS.

Comment

yeah I would. I actually took a month off in '09 to play a mini-tour with my older band, opening for L.A. Guns and Y&T. I had a great time. Touring is a lot easier when your financial situation doesn't depend on it and you have a stable job to come back to.

But yeah, definitely do it and have fun, it's worth it.
          http://www.guitarampboard.comLike my band on FB: http://www.facebook.com/thefew1All prices include shipping to ConUS.

Comment

i easily would. i cashed out 100 hours of vacation last dec and still have over 100. if it was going to be fun i would do it in a second.
            strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

i easily would. i cashed out 100 hours of vacation last dec and still have over 100. if it was going to be fun i would do it in a second.
              strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

Depends on your work. If you are employer or employee. There is no gig(s) that would make me take a week off from work and it is of course about money and because I am the employer. There is no person to substitute me anyway.

If it wasn't my own work and could take the week off I would I guess, still depends on the money. If still there wasn't anybody to substitute me I still wouldn't do the gig, it is about responsibility.
                "is this tone obtainable using the HD500 or Axe Fx? Overall, for convenience and volume control, should I buy the Axe Fx over actual tube amps? I don't plan on playing loud; just playing at home and recording on my Mac. Thanks man, you are awesome!

short answer: no...

long answer: no way..."

Comment

Depends on your work. If you are employer or employee. There is no gig(s) that would make me take a week off from work and it is of course about money and because I am the employer. There is no person to substitute me anyway.

If it wasn't my own work and could take the week off I would I guess, still depends on the money. If still there wasn't anybody to substitute me I still wouldn't do the gig, it is about responsibility.
                  "is this tone obtainable using the HD500 or Axe Fx? Overall, for convenience and volume control, should I buy the Axe Fx over actual tube amps? I don't plan on playing loud; just playing at home and recording on my Mac. Thanks man, you are awesome!

short answer: no...

long answer: no way..."

Comment

I would if I could. Personally, my band is talking about doing some long weekends in the spring...which is perfect for me.

I only have 2 weeks vacation this year, so taking one off to play 2 shows wouldn't be ideal for me. If I took a week off it'd be to do a 7-8 day mini tour. But if I had a month of vacation...I'd easily consider it.

I'm also in sales, so when I'm not here I'm losing out on money. If I went on the road I'd probably take a laptop and aircard to try and still make some sales

Comment

I would if I could. Personally, my band is talking about doing some long weekends in the spring...which is perfect for me.

I only have 2 weeks vacation this year, so taking one off to play 2 shows wouldn't be ideal for me. If I took a week off it'd be to do a 7-8 day mini tour. But if I had a month of vacation...I'd easily consider it.

I'm also in sales, so when I'm not here I'm losing out on money. If I went on the road I'd probably take a laptop and aircard to try and still make some sales

Comment

I'm not the only band member in the same boat. One guy has vacation time but has a trip planned with his family this summer. The singer has no vacation time so it's looking like it probably won't happen. I could have gone either way. It would have been cool to hang out at Daytona Beach...but I really don't like bikers, and I LOATHE drunken bikers.

If that's your mom, I wanna do my one-stick rendition of "Moby Dick" on her fun bags.

Rick Santorum: a frothy mixture of ****************ing stupid and bat**************** crazy that is sometimes the byproduct of being a Republican.

Comment

I'm not the only band member in the same boat. One guy has vacation time but has a trip planned with his family this summer. The singer has no vacation time so it's looking like it probably won't happen. I could have gone either way. It would have been cool to hang out at Daytona Beach...but I really don't like bikers, and I LOATHE drunken bikers.

Comment

I wouldn't. Especially not for Daytona Bike Week. It's no where near what it used to be. And especially not for a Tuesday/Thursday gig.

Just 2 cents from a guy who lives here & has played many a Daytona bikeweek/biketoberfest.

btw, what club ? There are some good ones & some bad ones, as well as good/bad owners & managers
                            Spam: shipped to lower 48 only, MO & Cashiers check or Paypal gift no spam today shipped conusGood trans : Dominick, Bass_n_Drums, Gitfiddler, cobrahead1030, STEEL KAGE, 17 Tubes, cursed1, Moshaholic, tele0507, Dangles ct, Assumer, Yabba, Jopop, Troublehead, detunedman, tsunamijesus, Norton666, SkyHighRocks, archers6, Billcheckrules, Juggernaut.

Comment

I wouldn't. Especially not for Daytona Bike Week. It's no where near what it used to be. And especially not for a Tuesday/Thursday gig.

Just 2 cents from a guy who lives here & has played many a Daytona bikeweek/biketoberfest.

btw, what club ? There are some good ones & some bad ones, as well as good/bad owners & managers
                              Spam: shipped to lower 48 only, MO & Cashiers check or Paypal gift no spam today shipped conusGood trans : Dominick, Bass_n_Drums, Gitfiddler, cobrahead1030, STEEL KAGE, 17 Tubes, cursed1, Moshaholic, tele0507, Dangles ct, Assumer, Yabba, Jopop, Troublehead, detunedman, tsunamijesus, Norton666, SkyHighRocks, archers6, Billcheckrules, Juggernaut.

Comment

Working...
                              X