Halp, my Deliverance isn't delivering

vangkm

• Members

I just bought a second hand Fryette Deliverance 60 and it just arrived last weekend. I've been pretty busy so I haven't had a chance to fire it up till last night.

I already made sure the amp was in good condition physically before trying to turn it on and there were no problems I could see. All the tubes seem intact and when I turn the amp on they all light up.

The amp is way too quiet and barely audible until about noon on the master volume dial. This can't be normal? Also Gain 1 and Gain 2 barely add any gain at all, the most gain I can get out of this amp some crunch starting to happen with gain 1 + 2 maxed out and the switch on gain 2 on "more". When I flip that switch to "less" the amp instantly becomes barely audible.

Are they just built this way? Once got an amp I thought was broken but turns out it just sucked.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by vangkm View Post
{censored}, well that sucks. Any idea what might be the problem?
Tubes are fragile and tend to get banged around during shipping.
It's hardly the end of the world - they're designed to be replaceable for just that reason.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by vangkm View Post
{censored}, well that sucks. Any idea what might be the problem?
Tubes are fragile and tend to get banged around during shipping.
It's hardly the end of the world - they're designed to be replaceable for just that reason.

• Members

Yes check the preamp tubes for sure. If it doesn't work though, don't freak out until you check inside and make sure all of the ribbon cables and everything else are attached on all of the boards and everything.

I had a similar sounding issue with a Framus Dragon I bought recently, and everyone immediately said tubes tubes tubes, so I bought a new set of tubes and still nothing! One person recommended me to open it up and check inside for anything that could have disconnected in shipping getting tossed around, and that was exactly the issue. One of the ribbon cables must have gotten jarred loose during shipping and all it took was reconnecting it and everything worked great afterwards.

The D60 should be LOUD! My buddy (in a metal band) sold his because it was TOO loud icon_lol.gif

• Members

Yes check the preamp tubes for sure. If it doesn't work though, don't freak out until you check inside and make sure all of the ribbon cables and everything else are attached on all of the boards and everything.

I had a similar sounding issue with a Framus Dragon I bought recently, and everyone immediately said tubes tubes tubes, so I bought a new set of tubes and still nothing! One person recommended me to open it up and check inside for anything that could have disconnected in shipping getting tossed around, and that was exactly the issue. One of the ribbon cables must have gotten jarred loose during shipping and all it took was reconnecting it and everything worked great afterwards.

The D60 should be LOUD! My buddy (in a metal band) sold his because it was TOO loud icon_lol.gif

• Members

Yes check the preamp tubes for sure. If it doesn't work though, don't freak out until you check inside and make sure all of the ribbon cables and everything else are attached on all of the boards.

The D60 should be LOUD! My buddy (in a metal band btw) sold his because it was TOO loud icon_lol.gif

• Members

Yes check the preamp tubes for sure. If it doesn't work though, don't freak out until you check inside and make sure all of the ribbon cables and everything else are attached on all of the boards.

The D60 should be LOUD! My buddy (in a metal band btw) sold his because it was TOO loud icon_lol.gif

• Members

and while the chassis is pulled out you might as well clean the tube sockets, jacks, and pots with contact cleaner/lubricant that you can get from radioshack. I recently bought a Laney VH100R used that was having some volume issues and I gave it some cleaning TLC and it resolved the issue completely.

• Members

and while the chassis is pulled out you might as well clean the tube sockets, jacks, and pots with contact cleaner/lubricant that you can get from radioshack. I recently bought a Laney VH100R used that was having some volume issues and I gave it some cleaning TLC and it resolved the issue completely.

Archived