Tell me everything I need to know about the 2005-2009 Mustang GT

Ron Burgandy

• Members

Looking at some Certified Pre-owned 2009 models.

I am getting the 5 speed manual, not an automatic. Hardtop. Do not want anything but the 05-09 body style. I don't race, I don't drive fast, I don't want to mod anything, and the body style is for nostalgia reasons as my first car was a '66.

Are they reliable?

Can you fit a Marshall 1960a in them? What about a compact Fender 2x12?

The price on these is great and this will be the last time in my life I can get this model with low mileage and factory warranty. My wife is going to take over my Volvo and I plan to trade her car in. Basically I drive about 30 miles a week and want some style and to relive my first car.

I love the interior. I love the power. I love the look.

Am I missing anything? Anything to watch for?

• Members

I had an '05 with the V6 for 3 years. Never had a problems with it. It was comfortable and fun to drive.

You could fit 2x12s by putting the back seats down and setting it on top of them but no 4x12. Hauling gear was the reason I got rid of it. Couldn't fit enough.

'07s and newer have the 1/8" aux jacks in them, fwiw.

• Members

I had an '05 with the V6 for 3 years. Never had a problems with it. It was comfortable and fun to drive.

You could fit 2x12s by putting the back seats down and setting it on top of them but no 4x12. Hauling gear was the reason I got rid of it. Couldn't fit enough.

'07s and newer have the 1/8" aux jacks in them, fwiw.

• Members

Hmmmm, well I can always take the Volvo to gigs where I'd need the 4x12 or make my drummer haul it haha.

No issues with reliability? No crazy hard to find parts that routinely go out? I'm choosing the Mustang because its a pretty mundane car drivetrain wise. I looked at the 3 series BMW but too worried about having 2 euro cars.

• Members

Hmmmm, well I can always take the Volvo to gigs where I'd need the 4x12 or make my drummer haul it haha.

No issues with reliability? No crazy hard to find parts that routinely go out? I'm choosing the Mustang because its a pretty mundane car drivetrain wise. I looked at the 3 series BMW but too worried about having 2 euro cars.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy View Post

icon_lol.gif

I have a soft spot for that gen of Mustangs. I have nothing to contribute other than to say my bass player has probably an 05 that has zero issues until recently...and they are fairly basic stuff

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy View Post

icon_lol.gif

I have a soft spot for that gen of Mustangs. I have nothing to contribute other than to say my bass player has probably an 05 that has zero issues until recently...and they are fairly basic stuff

• Members

I have a 07' GT I have owned since 2007.

It has been my longest lasting most reliable car I have owned.

Now at 130,000 Miles I have only had to replace the alternator.

A big no on the 4x12's
I own 4 of them and they just sit at home.

I have 2 differnt 2x12's that I use instead

• Members

A big no on the 4x12's

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by this is paul View Post
icon_lol.gif

When they came out in 2005 I creamed myself. It was such a perfect take on the 60's stang and felt like home when I test drove one. However at the time I was trying to be sensible since my wife was still in school. She's out now and I work from home so unless this gen has serious lurking issues then I'm going to do it. Get it paid off in a year or two and then keep it as a 3rd car.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa/Kramer View Post

A big no on the 4x12's

That's awesome to hear!

Well sucks on the 4x12 but like I said I can use my wife's car. Or just bring my combos to gigs.

Thanks for the response!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by this is paul View Post
icon_lol.gif

When they came out in 2005 I creamed myself. It was such a perfect take on the 60's stang and felt like home when I test drove one. However at the time I was trying to be sensible since my wife was still in school. She's out now and I work from home so unless this gen has serious lurking issues then I'm going to do it. Get it paid off in a year or two and then keep it as a 3rd car.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa/Kramer View Post

A big no on the 4x12's

That's awesome to hear!

Well sucks on the 4x12 but like I said I can use my wife's car. Or just bring my combos to gigs.

Thanks for the response!

Archived