Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some speaker suggestions for the DSL

So while I love the K85s with the Laney, I am thinking they are a bit too thumpy and bass heavy with the Marshall. I've used the DSL with 75's and V30's in the past with good results so no need to discuss them, I know they will work... but I am also interested in other suggestions. Basically I am looking for a lot of clarity and cut while keeping a good amount of (tight) low end.
    http://www.guitarampboard.comLike my band on FB: http://www.facebook.com/thefew1All prices include shipping to ConUS.

G12-65's

Comment

G12-65's

Comment

CL-80's/BL-80's... because I've recently discovered these and will be recommending them on every "recommend me a speaker" thread until I get tired of them

But seriously, I'm thinking an interesting thought. Seeing as how I plan to swing by and try out your K85's on Saturday I can bring my new XL cab with V30's and maybe you won't care to try any new speakers because you'll be reminded of why they're one of your favorite speakers and then we can do a straight swap
        Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
        Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

Yes that's my girlfriend.

Comment

CL-80's/BL-80's... because I've recently discovered these and will be recommending them on every "recommend me a speaker" thread until I get tired of them

But seriously, I'm thinking an interesting thought. Seeing as how I plan to swing by and try out your K85's on Saturday I can bring my new XL cab with V30's and maybe you won't care to try any new speakers because you'll be reminded of why they're one of your favorite speakers and then we can do a straight swap
          Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
          Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

Comment

I have used GT-75's, V-30's and Greenbacks on a regular basis with my DSL.

Out of those 3, I like the GT-75's the least. (Kind of harsh top end)

V-30's i did like for the 5-months i used a cab at a rehearsal studio.

Overall i like the smooth creaminess of the Greenback for this amp.

Mesa Boogie MK III
            Marshall DSL 50
            JCA 20H
            ADA MP-1

Kramer Stagemaster
            Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus
            Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony
            Fender HM Strat
            Paul Reed Smith SE Custom

Comment

I have used GT-75's, V-30's and Greenbacks on a regular basis with my DSL.

Out of those 3, I like the GT-75's the least. (Kind of harsh top end)

V-30's i did like for the 5-months i used a cab at a rehearsal studio.

Overall i like the smooth creaminess of the Greenback for this amp.

Mesa Boogie MK III
              Marshall DSL 50
              JCA 20H
              ADA MP-1

Kramer Stagemaster
              Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus
              Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony
              Fender HM Strat
              Paul Reed Smith SE Custom

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R
                View Post

that's a good idea actually, I am open to it
                http://www.guitarampboard.comLike my band on FB: http://www.facebook.com/thefew1All prices include shipping to ConUS.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R
                  View Post

Comment

Greenbacks and Heritage 30s in an X-pattern.
                    Find me and the rest of the guise here: www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

Greenbacks and Heritage 30s in an X-pattern.
                      Find me and the rest of the guise here: www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74
                        View Post

Comment

View Post

Comment

View Post

So while I love the K85s with the Laney, I am thinking they are a bit too thumpy and bass heavy with the Marshall. I've used the DSL with 75's and V30's in the past with good results so no need to discuss them, I know they will work... but I am also interested in other suggestions. Basically I am looking for a lot of clarity and cut while keeping a good amount of (tight) low end.

Weber FC12 (Fane clones) I think they made my JCA100H cut through damn well. Ask KCTigerChief what he thinks of them.
                            Jet City EarhartJet City JCA100H -> Avatar 2x12 -> Celestion LynchbacksPRS SE 245Sterling AX40FOR SALEBuy/sell/trade referencesMy primary band page (Seventh Day)My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)Proud member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

View Post

Weber FC12 (Fane clones) I think they made my JCA100H cut through damn well. Ask KCTigerChief what he thinks of them.
                              Jet City EarhartJet City JCA100H -> Avatar 2x12 -> Celestion LynchbacksPRS SE 245Sterling AX40FOR SALEBuy/sell/trade referencesMy primary band page (Seventh Day)My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)Proud member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

Working...
                              X