Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Anyone else interested in Valve's Piston gaming console?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Anyone else interested in Valve's Piston gaming console?

I think dusting off counter strike on my home theater would be a riot:

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/s...t-ces-2013018/

Valve grabbed the headlines last year with a number of announcements, not least of which was the introduction of Big Picture Mode and a move to support Linux with Steam. Gabe Newell also confirmed in December that Valve will be releasing a Steam games console, and an early version of the so-called Steam Box has appeared at CES.

Valve isn
    Check out my band "Tock" Debut album coming out soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQoQgpMooyY

Very excited to see how this works out. Cool idea for sure!
    PROLETARIAT

Originally Posted by Norton666

Man , Ive held off replying to any Klops threads because its kind of like the sweet , naive retarded kid down the street who is out putting in hours on his pogo stick every single night with dreams of someday going pro . You have to admire his ambition and determination , but at some point , he will realize he is retarded and there isnt a pro pogo stick league. I just dont wanna be the guy to tell him . Wait...............

Comment

Very excited to see how this works out. Cool idea for sure!
      PROLETARIAT

Originally Posted by Norton666

Man , Ive held off replying to any Klops threads because its kind of like the sweet , naive retarded kid down the street who is out putting in hours on his pogo stick every single night with dreams of someday going pro . You have to admire his ambition and determination , but at some point , he will realize he is retarded and there isnt a pro pogo stick league. I just dont wanna be the guy to tell him . Wait...............

Comment

Extremely cool! Can't wait.

On a related note, did Gabe say anything about Half life 3 yet? Probably not...

Comment

Comment

so what does it do?
            Originally Posted by OverDriven

That is probably the single most ****************ed up thing I've ever seen posted on HCAF. Congrats.

Good deals with: jnepo1

Comment

so what does it do?

That is probably the single most ****************ed up thing I've ever seen posted on HCAF. Congrats.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Kuh
                View Post

Hermegerrrd what good bloody games they were.
                Check out my band "Tock" Debut album coming out soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQoQgpMooyY

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Kuh
                  View Post

Hermegerrrd what good bloody games they were.

Comment

Half Life 3...

maybe in 20 years

Comment

Half Life 3...

maybe in 20 years

Comment

Performance still seems a question, especially in a tiny box like that. You can easily fit a pretty good dual or quad core CPU in that but a proper graphics card might be more difficult. AMD has some half decent integrated graphics, Intel doesn't though their next CPU is supposed to at least improve that. Mobile GPUs are still not that great.
                        "Walking the fine line between bacon and Christian."

Comment

Performance still seems a question, especially in a tiny box like that. You can easily fit a pretty good dual or quad core CPU in that but a proper graphics card might be more difficult. AMD has some half decent integrated graphics, Intel doesn't though their next CPU is supposed to at least improve that. Mobile GPUs are still not that great.
                          "Walking the fine line between bacon and Christian."

Comment

AMD APU's certainly haven't nearly reached the level of performance of actual video cards, but they aren't bad, and it's rumored both the new xbox and playstation will sport some form of them.

I had to replace my wife's laptop earlier this year, and just out of my curiosity I got her one with and AMD A6. I forget the model#, but it was the 1.9/3.5ghz one. It's a low-end processor for all intents and purposes, the laptop was $400.

I installed skyrim on her laptop just for ****************s and giggles and by god, if it didn't run skyrim at a useable framerate at medium settings. I jogged all about Windhelm just to see how it handled having multiple NPC's around, and it did skip a few frames, but nothing even CLOSE to as terrible as when I tried to play SWTOR on my 5-year-old "almost cut it but just baaaaaaarely missed minimum requirements" laptop. I didn't have FRAPS to check but I'd say it was low 20's. I'm sure it might have to be adjusted to low settings to keep from bogging down once you've got a half dozen enemies after you, but still...I was pleasantly surprised.
                            GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

Originally Posted by Ovid9

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

How did you fap in a room like that?

Proud owner of the first NAD of the new HC

Comment

AMD APU's certainly haven't nearly reached the level of performance of actual video cards, but they aren't bad, and it's rumored both the new xbox and playstation will sport some form of them.

I had to replace my wife's laptop earlier this year, and just out of my curiosity I got her one with and AMD A6. I forget the model#, but it was the 1.9/3.5ghz one. It's a low-end processor for all intents and purposes, the laptop was $400.

I installed skyrim on her laptop just for ****************s and giggles and by god, if it didn't run skyrim at a useable framerate at medium settings. I jogged all about Windhelm just to see how it handled having multiple NPC's around, and it did skip a few frames, but nothing even CLOSE to as terrible as when I tried to play SWTOR on my 5-year-old "almost cut it but just baaaaaaarely missed minimum requirements" laptop. I didn't have FRAPS to check but I'd say it was low 20's. I'm sure it might have to be adjusted to low settings to keep from bogging down once you've got a half dozen enemies after you, but still...I was pleasantly surprised.
                              GIBSON | PRS | SQUIER | EPIPHONE | BLACKSTAR | PEAVEY | MARSHALL | JET CITY | CRATE (ZOMG!!!)

The Band

Good Transactions

Originally Posted by Ovid9

I thought it was more the fact your walls were covered in pictures of skinny guys with long hair.

How did you fap in a room like that?

Proud owner of the first NAD of the new HC

Comment

Working...
                              X